[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm bored and a NEET right now. Ask a conservative Bostonian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: boston racial map.png (2 MB, 1137x845) Image search: [Google]
boston racial map.png
2 MB, 1137x845
I'm bored and a NEET right now. Ask a conservative Bostonian anything.

Fucking sucks living here.
>>
>>77117274
Why haven't you became an hero,
>>
>>77117509
I consider jumping off the Zakim Bridge several time a week.
>>
File: 1465768396113.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1465768396113.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
Self learn a trade, or even get a part-time job working with a plumber or joiner. There is a lack of them and it pays good for some small hand work. With some practice or some night classes you could try and work your way up slowly with a shitty company and later self hire for some decent $ on the side. Most neatish thing I can say which pays well.

t. son of a tradesmen working engineer

I used to help with putting in doors and playing floors. My dad still does some joinery on the side but works as a storage manager.
>>
File: 1451251428168.jpg (48 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1451251428168.jpg
48 KB, 600x450
>>77117878
This guy had some good advice. Leave the couch and try to do better.

Also, I never visited the East Coast. Always wanted to. Is it super crowded and hard to travel around? Any places in Boston worth seeing?

I'm from Spokane Washington btw.
>>
>>77117274
I'm assuming the super black area is Glocksbury and Jamaica Plain?
>>
>>77117878
People underestimate the amount of money to be had as a joiner/plumber. Plus I hear they are rather fulfilling jobs. I'd take it over a soul destroying office job any day.
>>
>>77119001
It was always my backup plan if I didn't get an apprenticeship over with the MoD or Tullos.
>>
>>77117274
where on the map do you live op?
>>
>>77117878
I don't know what a joiner is, but I'd hate being a plumber. I've heard way too many plumbing horror stories.

>>77118219
Boston is hard to travel around because the road system is like a hot wheels track. The MBTA is easy to use and it extends all throughout Boston and the Boston area, so use that if you come here. Don't take a cab unless it's late and you're drunk, but for the love of Christ put on your fucking seat belt.

I like the Aquarium since they have a giant penguin exhibit, but everyone from out of town always says the New England Aquarium isn't that impressive. There's always the MFA and other museums which have stolen art and cool archaeological shit. Nothing quite like looking at actual mummies.

The one great thing about Boston is the music scene. It's very diverse and I mean that in a good way - folk music, metal, hard rock, punk, classical, electronica, blues, you fucking name it. Amazing gastropubs, too.

Everything is expensive, though. Bring money and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT WALK ALONE AT NIGHT WHEREVER YOU GO. Especially not near bodies of water like reservoirs. Like, eight people have mysteriously drowned in the past few years.

>>77118720
Roxbury sucks, yeah, but JP is totally yuppified. I lived with my dad in JP for, like, 6 years and it's actually a multicultural paradise there believe it or not. There's the poor side which is all Hispanics and blacks, but the majority of it is an actual racial, cultural, and religious hodgepodge with very little crime. But that's because of all the money and families that live there. Great restaurants, though. Only thing that's pretty depressing is all the homeless guys. They're all regulars and they don't get treated very well.

>>77119001
I had an office job. Soul destroying is just the tip of an iceberg. What the fuck are joiners?

>>77119689
Blue area west of Boston. I live at home because NEET status intensifies.
>>
>>77117274
I thought Boston was a lot whiter. Guess New England isn't the white safe haven I previously assumed.
>>
>>77118219
I used to live in Brown's addition. I don't think I ever want more than a few weeks without some one breaking into my car.
>>
>>77119888
Massachusetts is ~90% white. There are almost no blacks/Hispanics outside of Boston, Springfield, and Worcester. The ones that DO live outside the city are wealthy, although I've met my share of rich dindus.

The one funny thing is that, despite how "liberal" this city is, it's filled with ghettos. Roxbury, Dorchester, and Mattapan are all black neighborhoods. Chelsea is all Hispanics on the dirty side, mainly El Salvadorians, and Vietnamese on the nice side. Newton and Wellesley are all white. Waltham is a mix of white, Hispanic, and Indian with a strong political presence of Indian politicians. Watertown is blue collar whites.
>>
>>77119869
>I don't know what a joiner is, but I'd hate being a plumber. I've heard way too many plumbing horror stories.
A joiner is the Scottish term for carpenter:
"Carpenters typically do the following: Follow blueprints and building plans to meet the needs of clients. Install structures and fixtures, such as windows and molding. Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, and other materials."

Anyway, if you get yourself some experience and some training when you have time to spare, you can advertise yourself cheap (still profitable) on sites. e.g:
https://www.gumtree.com/p/carpentry-services/all-about-joinery...no-job-too-small.../1138682225

Since your in a city such as Boston, there will be a fuckton of small jobs people need done from £25 to £100 for a couple hours work. Even bigger jobs are worth a lot more once you learn how to.
>>
>>77120661
All you had to say was carpenter.
Problem around here is the unions fuck you over. Friend of mine is an electrician and she got sick of the unions sucking her money and telling her what to do. After she went freelance, they get her blacklisted. I imagine it's the same for carpenters around here.

I probably should learn some handy skills anyway.
>>
>>77120861
>I probably should learn some handy skills anyway.
Handy skills are always good to have my man.
>>
>>77121082
at least I can cook
>>
>>77121409
Always wanted to start cooking. I don't have my own place to properly do it, but I am saving every penny for a deposit on a flat.
>>
>>77121981
Here's a gazpacho recipe, you can make it without a stove since it's a cold soup

Ingredients:
- 2 lbs tomatoes. That’s about 4 good sized tomatoes. Need to be ripe. Good tomatoes = good gazpacho
- ½ large cucumber, ¾ if small
- ¼ of a medium red onion
- 8 oz roasted sweet red peppers (use ½ of a 16 oz jar) You can also use fresh sweet red bell peppers but I prefer the flavor of the roasted ones.
- Two celery stalks
- ½ green pepper (optional)
- 1 cup ice cubes+tomato juice (or water) Ice cubes are important. They keep the gazpacho cool while blending.
- Juice from ½ lime
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil The olive oil helps give the gazpacho its distinctive pinkish color. You shouldn’t scrimp on it.
- 4 teaspoons sweet paprika.
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste. I use about two teaspoons of salt and a tablespoon of black pepper, maybe a little more.
- Hot red pepper to taste

Instructions
1. Cut all veggies into chunks
2. Put everything except the cucumber and celery into the blender—ice cubes first
3. Blend the hell out of it.
4. Add the cucumbers and celery. If you need more room in the blender, pour off and save some of what you just blended.
5. Blend using the “pulse” button. If you want chunky texture, blend less. If you want smooth, blend a lot.
6. Taste and add more spices if desired. More vinegar and paprika makes it “tangy;” more red pepper makes it hotter, etc. Stir well.
7. Store in refrigerator for 4-5 hours (overnight is good) to let flavors blend.
8. Stir well before serving because the cucumber tends to float to the top, especially if you like it chunky. Garnish with croutons, parsley, chopped green onions, whatever.
9. Eat.
>>
File: 1464024661347.jpg (47 KB, 459x398) Image search: [Google]
1464024661347.jpg
47 KB, 459x398
>>77122164
Decent!
Here have the KFC spice mix recipe.
>>
>>77117274
What about Boston makes you want to jump? I live near Worcester.
>>
>>77123203
the liberals
the cost of living
can't find a job that isn't minimum wage even with my fancy piece of paper I got tricked into paying for
general apathy for existence
>>
Amherst here, stay strong brother.

All the schools around here disgust me, only the Zoo is anywhere near safe. (I saw Trigglypuff firsthand, ask me anything)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.