[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest, Americans, did you know anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Doq5pPx.png (36 KB, 850x479) Image search: [Google]
Doq5pPx.png
36 KB, 850x479
about the EU 10 or 15 years ago?

It seems that the EU was completely "off the radar" for even most Europeans some time ago. But it has all changed, the EU is now on everybody's hate radar.

What happened? How did this happen?
>>
>>76947729
Brussels is overstepping it's bounds
>>
The EU completely changed its character and became far too political and intrusive
>>
>>76947729
It changed and started exercising influence in non-economic areas.
>>
>>76947729
You were a kid 10-15 years ago
>>
A few years before Obama got elected I heard a ton about it.
>>
>>76948573
>The EU completely changed its character and became far too political and intrusive

When and how? Give examples.
>>
>>76948889
>A few years before Obama got elected I heard a ton about it.
What did you hear?
>>
>>76949157
That Europe was going to become a single country like our state system with the EU taking the role of our federal government and the individual countries functioning similarly to how our states work.

Of course, I was a dumb ass in High School then.
>>
>>76947729
I actually knew about the EU a good few years back, everyone knew about but most didn't know why it sucked.

I sort of knew it was shit (For reasons like currency) but boy oh boy did the migrant crisis make it way way worse.
>>
I learned about the EU during my world geography class in middle school, probably 8 or 10 years ago.

Of course, much like most of things relating to politics, you never really learn about it until you do your own research.
>>
>>76949362
But thats true, unless we can pull the plug and save the continent again from germany.
>>
File: euleg.png (429 KB, 770x964) Image search: [Google]
euleg.png
429 KB, 770x964
>>76949124
Bailouts, interference in internal politics of sovereign member states (Austria back then, now Poland), massive plans to "equalize" the area - the immigration bullshit is just the latest such step.

This shit has almost no support among the population. Only the free-trade zone and some type of political co-operation has majority support.
>>
>>76947729
I didn't know much about it 5 or 6 years ago honestly
>>
>>76952424
>fascist legislation
triggered
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.