[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ How did the US beat the British during the revolutionary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 11-monday-hBptdqg.png (215 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
11-monday-hBptdqg.png
215 KB, 500x380
/pol/ How did the US beat the British during the revolutionary war? The British where literately a global super power.
>>
We don't have tea parties.
>>
>>76813590
Overstretched, logistics sucked, old enemies (like France) came back to haunt them, irregular warfare, etc.
>>
revolutionary war turned into a proxy war
Britain vs France and Spain
>>
>>76813590
>/pol/ How did the US beat the British during the revolutionary war? The British where literately a global super power.

terrorism

it's true.
someone had to say it.
>>
>>76813590
As much as it pains me to say the French played a big part. That said a revolution is inedible and would've happened sooner in later just like all the other European owned lands.
>>
>>76814398
>As much as it pains me to say
why? the french are awesome and if le pen is made empress we can be best allies again
>>
All the High T Europeans and Brits migrated to the US while all the cuck beta-whites stayed in Europe
>>
how did the Vietkong beat the US during the Vietnam War? the US were literally a global superpower
>>
>>76813590
Just by making it a long drawn out expensive war for the British. Britain won most of the battles, but it became so expensive that it just wasn't worth it anymore.
>>
foreign aid and home turf advantage
>>
Bigger brains and Higher IQ
>>
>>76813590
guerrilla warfare
>>
>>76813590

We defeated them in the same sense we were defeated in Vietnam.

Yeah if it was total war we would have gotten shit slaughtered but in reality it was more like "oh fuck fine we'll leave"
>>
>We beat the British Empire!

Britain's global reach was fuck all in 1776 remember. The Empire and all that shit didn't happen until the 19th century.
>>
DUDE EXCHANGE FIRE LMAO
>>
>>76814130
Guerilla warfare. We didn't kill our own people.

Fucking leafs
>>
>>76814902
Bullshit the Royal navy at the time was untouchable.
>>
>>76813590
They were fighting with the french at the same time, and the french were supplying us with munitions and generals. Also guerrilla warfare, they hated the fact we wouldnt fight armies on armies, it was seen as very cowardly back then
>>
>>76813590

The British didn't really care, they gave up after awhile

Also America won because they had the help of France, and training/battle support from the Hessians. In addition to that the brightest and richest people of Europe at the time supported the movement of the revolutionaries, and the indians wouldve fought them if they stayed anyway, so the British knew it would not be an easy fight, and kind of said "fuck it" until 1812.
>>
It just wasn't profitable for Britain to keep fighting. America wasn't terribly valuable at the time, it was basically an oversized Isle of Wight with a bigger Solent in the way. If it had been a sugar and/or spice producing Caribbean island, every native would have been slaughtered before tea time.
>>
>help from France
>decent resistance
>Britain stopped giving a fuck after a while
>>
I met a british guy today.
One of the skummiest guys ive ever met.
>>
File: feels good.png (77 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
feels good.png
77 KB, 1162x850
pocahontas.com

banter

same way we do it today
>>
File: Lafayette.jpg (48 KB, 648x486) Image search: [Google]
Lafayette.jpg
48 KB, 648x486
My enemies enemies are my friends.
>This guy
>>
>>76815431
Fuck yeah France
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.