[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright pol. Red pill me on southpark. Is it all that it seems?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: south-park.jpg (281 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
south-park.jpg
281 KB, 1600x1200
Alright pol. Red pill me on southpark.

Is it all that it seems?
>>
>>76715882
https://youtu.be/PFxFRqNmXKg
>>
some times they're right on point other times they get too preachy
>>
it's far too topical for my taste these days
>>
>>76715882
Redpill me on the sticky. Is it degenerate?
>>
>>76715882
I miss when it was about adventures in red neck mountain suburbia
>>
>>76715882

Yes it is. Generally balanced though Matt and Trey's libertarian leanings are pretty clear throughout. Not as funny as it used to be but still frequently on point and occasionally hilarious.
>>
please don't treat entertainment like political education
>>
>>76716875
The cultural aspect on the links between the 2 are just as important.
>>
>>76716387
This
>>
>>76716875

Of all the American properties that do treat entertainment like political education, South Park is one of the few that isn't nothing but self-righteous left wing horseshit and actually presents a point of view that is pretty redpilled for the most part. Not only does it make fun of left wing Hollywood bullshit all the fucking time, it does so in a crass, offensive, "let's completely shit all over it like the utter nonsense that it is" kind of way, not the "ha ha just kidding I'm actually on your side" kind of way that any of the shit cartoons with Seth MacFarlane's name on them does. They've openly stated in interviews that they don't have ANY friends in Hollywood and they don't want any.

They don't give a shit about offending celebrities or upsetting people. Matt Stone is a Jew but they make Holocaust and Hitler jokes all the fucking time. Issac Hayes, who did the voice of Chef, is a Scientologist, and when he quit the show because of the episode making fun of Scientology, they didn't even apologize to him; they made another episode shitting on Scientology even further for screwing up Issac Hayes' brain with its bullshit.

I don't agree 100% with everything they've ever said, but as far as current-running cartoons go, South Park is based as fuck.
>>
This year they might lose their cred by going against Trump as they implied with their Mr. Garrison bit
>>
Gee OP, why not watch it for yourself and develop your own opinion instead of having a Siberian Crocheting Bulletin Board tell you what to think?
>>
>>76717426

I think it's clear they didn't forsee trump getting this far.

Chances are they'll play it safe and go the 'they're both bad' route.
I don't know that they'd want President Garrison, so it's possible they might have US trump take his place this season
>>
>>76716387
Yea they went from general big issues or just fucking around with big names to the meme of the week

They also went from episodes that were fun individually to every episode from a season linking together with lots of smaller story's that culminate together at the end of the season. Which makes it a lot harder to just turn on a random recent South Park episode and enjoy it. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just not the way i like to watch it.
>>
>>76717405
/thread
>>
>>76717405
>South Park is one of the few that isn't nothing but self-righteous left wing horseshit

it's still a bit self-righteous
>>
>>76717548
I wonder if they will shit all over bernie sanders and his supporters in the new season
>>
>>76718123

Maybe a little, but at least it isn't left-wing Hollywood self-righteousness.
>>
>>76715882
I've never found them particularly funny, except for the safe space stuff.
>>
>>76717405
Dude their entire last season was taking a shit on left and pc culture
>>
>>76718123
it's self-righteous but it's not left-wing horseshit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.