[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Charity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: charity_opt.jpg (51 KB, 1078x539) Image search: [Google]
charity_opt.jpg
51 KB, 1078x539
What are your thoughts on charity? I know foreign aid for third world countries doesn't actually help as we're giving our resources for them to be dependant on us and not able to be self-sustainable and also having our resources being used on questionable things, but what do you think of local charity? Is it honourable to help those poorer and lower than you or is it allowing people to leech off of your hardships even if it's voluntary?
>>
I give away 10% of my post-tax income, and much of that goes to small local things. Like for instance the local food bank.
>>
Survival of the fittest, weak societies must seaze to exist
Your responsibility is with your Nation, not some shithole filled with people perfectly capable to work
If you really wanted them to have a better life then you would give them the means of producing by themselves instead of substaining a mediocre life.
For most giving to charity is just moral masturbation
>>
>>76677196

Charity only works when applied to non-demographic problems (ie a tsunami)

Otherwise, you are just enabling it
>>
>>76677196
I only give REAL items to homeless shelters and stuff around here. giving your income or just flat money to charities is retarded >>76677629
>>
>>76678743
I put my smegma in some of the sandwhiches my church makes for the homeless.
>>
>>76678508
Don't have to give to poor people things. I've also given to Smile Train, Make a Wish, Gun Owner's Foundation, Thomas Moore Law Center, and an organization that tries to help with how illegals tend to slaughter horses for food.
>>
>>76678743
Don't really have the time, although I have in the past physically driven a down a carload of food I wasn't going to eat before its expiration date. And for individual panhandlers, never ever money, but I will offer free food.
>>
How do I give to the poor by allowing them to make a living for themselves without them leeching me for money?
>>
>>76678929
Either your English is very broken or we are witnessing the creation of a dada-poem. Would you mind to reformulate, please?
>>
>>76679804
It's a list of charities that are not to do with supporting the welfare class.
>>
>>76680161
*that have nothing to do with
Where are you from? And, Do this charities help them get jobs or a way to gain money by themselves and then let them go? I have nothing against teaching, only giving money to people is like a bad parent giving everything to his child without him ever needing to work (and that's one of the worst things you can do as a parent)
>>
>>76680784
I'm 4-generation native East Cost US. My way of wording that is valid as well.

Smile Train gives free cleft pallet surgery for 3rd world children

Make a Wish grants a "wish" to kids who are terminally ill or close to it.

Gun Owners Foundation and Thomas Moore do activism and legal work that I like. Kind of like, say, ACLU except half the stuff ACLU does is objectionable to me.

And the horse one is just an example of the kind of small, local charity that I often prefer to give to. Nothing wrong with protecting and providing care to the horsies.
>>
>>76681422
Sorry for the corrections, I am kind of an asshole with that.
I see nothing wrong, most of them seem to be contained in the U.S.. However, in a perfect world the State would give to the ones who need it. It is very sad to live in a world where terminally ill children need the help of others to at least have somewhere to die. But on the other side; the bigger the organization, the more corruption it has. Maybe charity programs that remain local are the way to work, as you have the help, trust and the added plus of bonding the comunity.
>>
>>76682303
No wories; I'm not nearly that easy to offend, and this is 4chan after all.

But I disagree fundamentally that it should all be left up to the state. I think it's good for the state to provide some small last-resort sort of safety net, but that it's up to the rest of us to decide where and how to help a brother out.

I'd have more money to throw around if the Federal Reserve Jew weren't taxing my income for absolutely no useful purpose.
>>
>>76682727
What do you think of the idea of giving corporations and companies economic benefits in exange of ANONYMOUSLY* helping. If they only care about money you might as well do something with that.

*I believe that charity can easily be turned into advertisements, or that the companies may ise the "remember who helped you".

Now that I think of it, one should lever be dependent on companies, they are to selfish to be trusted
>>
>>76677196
communities should be ethnically isolated and only perform voluntary charity within their own ethno group, sending goods and help to shitty nations only counters natural selection and keeps lesser-ethnicities at large.
>>
Charity begins at home. I care more about a Brit child having to skip meals than I do about an African starving. Eradicate poverty at home before you go around trying to save the world.
>>
>>76683906
This
>>
>>76683601
I don't know if it would really make that much of a difference. Whether it's an outright for-profit company, a non-profit (i.e. taxpayer subsidized) company, or a group of informal volunteers, you're still going to find corruption.

But they certainly need to engage in some level of kikery in order to raise funds. Smile Train for instance likes to try to get money out of me by sending me big pictures of deformed babies, and I find that distasteful, so I'm more inclined to go somewhere else. I've met some of the people who staff the local food bank and the CEO sent me a handwritten note asking if I would like to continue my generosity, so I wrote back and said, "sure thing."
>>
File: 1465357723430.jpg (36 KB, 650x350) Image search: [Google]
1465357723430.jpg
36 KB, 650x350
>>76684088
Nice dubs
>>
>>76684098
So keeping it local and small may be the way to go. Thank you, I think I am done with this thread
>>
>>76678646
>Charity only works when applied to non-demographic problems (ie a tsunami)
So what about useful organisations in our immediate communities that exist on charitable donations like hospices?
I don't give a shit about tsunamis.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.