[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya gaming, can it be red-pilled or rather non degenerate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: kek.png (757 KB, 779x904) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
757 KB, 779x904
Instead of watching a shitty movie on a rainy day I prefer reading a book or playing a game (in fact I don't even own a TV or haven't had one for about 6 years).

Reason is that a book or a game will at least keep my brain actively engaged.

Of course there are shitty games but there is also shitty books and shitty TV.

Yes you shouldn't play games all day, but neither should you watch TV all day.

If you work like I do in a ordinary job, have active hobbies etc. is there anything wrong with playing video games occasionally?

I supplemented my English skills with video games since childhood, was rather ahead of my class mates, due to back in the 'Nineties everything had to be read instead of a voice over.
Games have also pigued my interest in actual historical events, I then later have researched through various means.

>pic slightly related.
>>
video games aren't owned by jews by the way that's a republican myth perpetuated to smear gaming
>>
>>76653279
Game in pic?
>>
Paradox games are Jewish as fuck. Enjoy paying $150 to make a $40 game actually playable
>>
>>76654116
>>76654162
https://kat.cr/hearts-of-iron-4-field-marshal-edition-v1-0-0-19987-14-dlc-multi7-fitgirl-repack-t12728567.html
>>
>/pol/ plz validate me

Fuck off. Do what you want.

Unless you're engaging in entertainment when you should be working or studying, no one cares.
>>
>>76654162
my man that's why you get a copy without any DRM and share it with all your friends like Robin Hood
>>
Everything in moderation.

I play videogames more often than I'd like to admit. I think it has something to do with trying to capture the feelings I felt playing them as a kid. So as long as you're not obsessing over them like a child would I don't think there's anything wrong with playing videogames. It's a hell of a lot better than watching all the trash that's on tv.

And yeah, good games can supplement your knowledge pretty well. I played a ton of WWII games growing up (Close Combat series, Commandos 2, Brothers In Arms, Battlefield 1942) so I had a good grasp on WWII era weapons and battles at an early age. That won't make you any smarter but it's fun to know that kind of stuff.
>>
>>76654162
Yeah I agree, too much DLC whoring but nonetheless I enjoy playing their niche games.

>>76654354
Actually no, nothing with validation. I just see tonnes of these threads with "vidya is degenerate" and I beg to differ.
>>
Id say video games in general are degenerate for the simple fact you are doing nothing to better yourself, your family, or the world as a whole. Its no better than watching 10 hours of TV or sitting alone in a dark room
>>
>>76654727
Well wasn't thinking explicitly about types of weapons but when games have an historical backdrop it can open up an interest in those events that you might learn about.

I wasn't exactly sure how Germany actually came to be f.example, before playing Victoria 2 which gave me insight into that. It's of course video game knowledge but if you then read up on it afterwards I think the game has accomplished something other than entertaining you for a couple of hours that day.
>>
>>76655342
Of course you're better off reading a history book or going to a museum but it's always nice when a dev does their homework regarding the historical setting their working with. It doesn't take a genius to separate the fiction from historical fiction within a game.
>>
>>76655726
>their
Ah fuck me. They're*
>>
>>76655908
They're = They are
Their is correct.
>>
File: ULTRA-RARE SUPER 4K HD PEPE.jpg (55 KB, 708x358) Image search: [Google]
ULTRA-RARE SUPER 4K HD PEPE.jpg
55 KB, 708x358
>>76654331
Thanks Malta-bro

Here have a ultra rare 4k pepe in exchange
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.