[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are democracies so shitty?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Alexis_de_tocqueville_cropped.jpg (58 KB, 424x512) Image search: [Google]
Alexis_de_tocqueville_cropped.jpg
58 KB, 424x512
Why are democracies so shitty?
>>
>>76607243
because teenagers can vote as can woman
>>
Woooooo. we're back. Was starting to get withdrawals.
>>
A woman needs a man, a man needs a king.
>>
>mommy I can't live free, I need someone to breastfeed me
>>
>>76607243
People are manipulated emotionally and not logically
>>
>>76607445

>Democracy
>Free

Get a load of this goy
>>
>>76607243
Because its majority rule plain and simple. The masses are only as smart as their weakest members.
>>
>>76607243
Tocqueville was too good for this world.
He saw it all coming 100 years in advance, but no one would listen before it was too late.

To anyone lurking who hasn't read his chapter on the kind of despotism democracies have to fear, leave /pol/ and don't come back until you have.
>>
>>76607243
I've held the following opinion for many years now, and I have always felt like that I was being ''edgy'' or simply stupid.

Totalitarianism manifested in a single person is the best* way to govern.

* Meaning on a large scale level, and through long periods of time.

Am I stupid, /pol/?
>>
File: 1464420268962.gif (2 MB, 410x230) Image search: [Google]
1464420268962.gif
2 MB, 410x230
>>76607243

Because in democracy 2 fucked up junkies got twice as many votes as a university professor.

Also in democracy majority rules, and the majority of people are stupid and thus stupidity rules in democracy.
>>
>>76607243
Look at all the craziness going on in our society and universities. FEMEN, La Raza, Marxist educators, pro-pedo news outlets. In a democratic society you can't do jack shit about these problems. But with fascism or monarchism all it takes is one command and you have these chucklefucks taken out into a field and shot. Problem solved.
>>
>>76607243
because everybody votes in their own personal interest, not in that of the country or the people

because people that are parasites on society get the right to vote, especially the old

because single women systematically vote for what gives them less responsibility and is ultimately bad for the country
>>
>>76607657

Nah, you're just smarter than 99% of people.
>>
File: Emile_Durkheim.jpg (20 KB, 229x324) Image search: [Google]
Emile_Durkheim.jpg
20 KB, 229x324
>too much freedom
>too much stupidity
Alright then.

So what ruins democracies? Atheism, capitalism, or something else?
>>
>>76608073

Corruption.
>>
>>76608210
Which weakens the nation and the family unit
>>
>>76608324

It weakens the nation yes and the family unit through downgrade of the economy, but families suffer more these days because of cultural marxism, woman liberation movements, loss of religion etc.
>>
>>76608073
They are just easily subverted. Since everything is a consensus, coming to a decision is not easily done. On a lower level the masses can be manipulated by propaganda (Papers, Hollywood) then vote against their interests. On a higher level politicians can be easily bribed since the majority have no real power or money aside from their office (which is temporary). It is very hard to bribe a king.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.