[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT THE FUCK AMERICA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Aattp-alex-jones.jpg (34 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
Aattp-alex-jones.jpg
34 KB, 600x330
http://www.news9.com/story/32168555/ohp-uses-new-device-to-seize-money-used-during-the-commission-of-a-crime

>You may have heard of civil asset forfeiture.

>Now, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol has a device that also allows them to seize money in your bank account or on prepaid cards.

>It's called an ERAD, or Electronic Recovery and Access to Data machine, and state police began using 16 of them last month.

>Here's how it works. If a trooper suspects you may have money tied to some type of crime, the highway patrol can scan any cards you have and seize the money.

>"If you can prove can prove that you have a legitimate reason to have that money it will be given back to you. And we've done that in the past," Vincent said about any money seized.

>State Sen. Kyle Loveless, R-Oklahoma City, said that removes due process and the belief that a suspect is presumed innocent until proven guilty. He said we've already seen cases in Oklahoma where police are abusing the system.

>"We've seen single mom's stuff be taken, a cancer survivor his drugs taken, we saw a Christian band being taken. We've seen innocent people's stuff being taken. We've seen where the money goes and how it's been misspent," Loveless said.

>the state is paying ERAD Group Inc., $5,000 for the software and scanners, then 7.7 percent of all the cash the highway patrol seizes.
>>
>US
>land of the free
>>
>>76594852
Now i have a legit reason to never bring my card and pay everything with my phone.
>>
>>76595124
All according to plan.
>>
When I read shit like this I genuinely don't understand how Americans think we're the cucked ones. All those chemtrails in the air and fluoride in the water must cause some kind of cognitive dissonance.
>>
File: sleeping_giant_cartoon.jpg (694 KB, 1800x1279) Image search: [Google]
sleeping_giant_cartoon.jpg
694 KB, 1800x1279
>>76594852
Welcome to the future, America, if only we did something.
>>
>>76594852
>>the state is paying ERAD Group Inc., $5,000 for the software and scanners, then 7.7 percent of all the cash the highway patrol seizes.
Jesus Christ what the fuck
how is this even remotely legal?
>>
>>76594852
Cool, now I have another reason to drive around Oklahoma besides them being Cruz missiles.
>>
>>76594852
>implying I don't keep all my credit cards in a safe that I chained to my ankle.
>>
>>76594852
>the highway patrol can scan any cards you have and seize the money.
Bullshit. The cops would have to beat your pin numbers out of you, or is chip-and-pin security not a thing in Oklahoma? Also what's stopping you from cancelling the transactions 5 minutes later? I find it hard to believe all the nationwide banks/credit unions/etc would sign on to this warrantless seizure shit just for on gay state, the EFF and banking groups would have thrown a fucking fit heard on Neptune. Complete tinfoil trash
>>
>>76598215

This I'd sue my bank for an unlawful transaction.

I already have threaten too before when they gave money to an unauthorized third party without my consent.

They were kissing my feet when I walked in the door.
>>
>>76598390
>threaten too before when they gave money to an unauthorized third party without my consent
Yeah, the big banks here are pretty hard core about that kinda stuff. If you call them and bitch about a transaction, especially credit card ones, and it will be reversed in seconds based just on your say so (debit card not so much). Besides the consumer protection laws here, competition for customers (with money and good credit) is fierce, with only 5 big banks word gets around quick about shitty service.
>>
>>76597404
The West is comprised of post-legal societies.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.