[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, this is odd. The FAA issued a NOTAM, warning operators
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6
File: donald-trump-boeing-757.jpg (104 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-boeing-757.jpg
104 KB, 1200x900
So, this is odd.

The FAA issued a NOTAM, warning operators of “all aircraft relying on GPS” of widespread GPS outages starting Tuesday throughout the Southwest and especially southern California.

Although the FAA doesn’t go into detail, it seems the military is testing something that can disrupt GPS over a huge area, centered on China Lake, California, home of the Navy’s China Lake Naval Weapons Center.

https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2016/Jun/CHLK_16-08_GPS_Flight_Advisory.pdf

http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/GPS-Interference-NOTAM-For-Southwest-226365-1.html
>>
>>76586101
Out of my range. Have fun California.
>>
Trump's home in NY right now
>>
>>76586901
I didn't mean to imply anything about this relating to Trump. Pic related to the story because it's an aircraft. Pic related to /pol/ because it's Trump Force One.
>>
>>76586101
Can't they just use GLONASS or Galileo instead?
>>
Our military or somebody else's?
>>
>>76587448
Our military is testing something.
>>
>>76587346
US carriers use NAVSTAR for GNSS.
>>
>>76587608
I would think (or at least hope) they'd be more discrete. We don need no good boy military who din do nuffin.

We do need a military capable of protecting us from external niggery diggery do.
>>
>>76586101
GPS doesn't exist
>>
>>76589324
Even for a Canadian this is a stupid thing to say.
>>
>>76586101
http://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/nasas-sdo-captures-images-of-a-mid-level-solar-flare

Big solar flare coming. Been eye balling it for a while now. expect power outages from blown transformers as well.
>>
>>76589578
Nope. It's all triangulation there are not 200,000 satellite potatoes orbiting my ass let alone the flat earth
>>
>>76589578
The notion of America is a spook, it doesn't exist in reality.
>>
>>76589648
>two months ago
It's not 90 million miles away and if it were methinks the "radiation" would have made it here by now. Also the moon produces its own light and the sun is not a reactor
>>
There are not many things that could disrupt the radio signals used by GPS, over such a large area. I could understand a major lab test inducing a small discrepancy over a insignificant area, but this? They're telling people to not even come close over it. IF they're testing something that outright jams GPS or similar tech on purpose, there would be no need for a publicized, sustained, test, on land. They're up to something.

I think they are working on something big.
>>
>>76589651
It triangulates off of satellites though. That only requires three.
>>
>>76589894
Nope. Groundbased. Muh fisheye lenses etc
>>
>>76589648
Solar events rarely take longer than a week to get from the sun to here, and the xray and particle events are here within minutes and a couple of hours, respectively.
>>
>>76589843
Or, they are subtly announcing to the world that the US has a weapon that can interfere with or render GNSS useless.
>>
>>76590123
THE SUN JEW IS WAGING MAGNETIC WARFARE AGAINST US
>>
Why would the US military need a weapon to disrupt GPS when they control GPS?
>>
>>76590123
ITS USING ITS FIELDS MAN

ITS FIIIIIIEEEEELLLLDS
>>
>>76586101
>tests and exercises of the GPS system, which was literally designed and built for military use
>THE SKY IS FALLING
>>
>>76590189
Exactly. If this had anything to do with the satellites, their advisory pattern wouldn't look like a stationary circle on the ground. If it was due to some manipulation of a satellite, their pattern would be moving.

>>76590229
It feeds into very very many important things. Systems run alongside it that help do things like keep track of global standard time, military crypto, Emergency Messaging systems.
>>
Is GLONASS immune?
>>
>>76590376

Okay, why would the US military need a weapon to disrupt GPS when they control GPS?
>>
>>76586101

>Commiefornian here

If there's a chance for a happening, good thing I'm picking up another AR in a few days
>>
>>76589843
GPS is actually a very weak signal and is easy to jam or (for the civilian band) spoof. A company called LightSquared accidentally jammed GPS in their service area back in 2011. If you had a device along the lines of a residential microwave oven, that emitted on L-band and aimed it at the sky, you could probably cause some serious fuckery over a surprisingly wide area with the right wave guide.
>>
>>76590229
Hi Jaden Smith
>>
>>76590565
It's a real fucking question.

Why do they need to interfere with a system they control?
>>
>>76590229
BDS (China) DORIS (France) GLONASS (USSR/Russia) GPS (USA) NAVIC (India)
Galileo (Europe) QZSS (Japan)

We aren't the only country with full or partial GPS satellite constellations.
>>
>>76589969

>Ground stations

That's called TACAN.
>>
>>76586101
Not saying it's SkyNet but it's SkyNet.
>>
>>76590711
...there is also LORAN and, of course, VOR's.
>>
>>76590467
I dont think this has anything to do with GPS. The kind of redtape they would have to cut through, to run interference tests on a system that keeps planes in the air, would never get approved. Imagine the liability of "oh, sorry you crashed, we were screwing around with it ON PURPOSE". No modern PC military leader would ever approve that. They know the system's limitations. They know it can be jammed, and they can model this easily. They experimented heavily with it before it got the public release. Remember, GPS was available to the public with that 6-meter error for quite a while.

I have a feeling it has to do with a bigger technology. Something about those railguns they're so proud of. They only let some stuff get into the public eye. Who knows what they have been up to with the engineering components made for those projects. I think we're seeing the Trinity Test of the next Manhattan Project.
>>
>>76589648
>Big solar flare coming
Can't be even if they could detect a solar flare it would take out more than the described area
And if they knew about a solar flare and were announcing the flight caution so publicly. No one would be allowed to fly because a solar flare would cause an EMP.

And to everyone out there I would advise not to ever worry about a solar flare or EMP. Its one of those things that if it ever happens your mostl liekly going to die
>Immediately because your operating a susceptible vehicle
>Within the next 6 months due to physical exertion, starvation, loss of vital medication, disease, violence
>Sometime in the next year due to the open warfare, violence, or "the road" like scenario
Read the books "one second after" and "one year after" for more info

This is just the government testing new tech that probably uses EM waves in some form or another.
>>
>>76590123
I was gravely mistaken. Although I could infer that this is a mock trial for solar event on the 16th. last event was around 2004 that the earth was in the path of and not to a degree that could be catastrophic. However a device that could mimic this is interesting.
>>
>>76591209
correction 2012 not 04
>>
>>76590123
They take 8 minutes.
>>
>>76590871
Add em up add a pinch of bullshit and call it GPS and there's your cake
>>
>>76589651
There's only like 20 satellites used for GPS
>>
>>76591155
Maybe less about the planes more about the satellites condition afterwards.
>>
>>76591438
Satellites aren't real
>>
>>76591525
If you acknowledge satellites do they win?
>>
>>76591209
>that the earth was in the path of and not to a degree
what???
Go home man your drunk
And as I said you can prepare for an EMP but you never know if or when it will happen. I'd be more worried about a Chinese invasion than a solar flare.(And I am not worried about a Chinese invasion anytime soon)
>>
File: Ceiling_Cat__I_want_to_believe.jpg (35 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
Ceiling_Cat__I_want_to_believe.jpg
35 KB, 600x750
>>76591525
>>
>>76591525
Neither is Finland my Maple Syrup friend.
>>
>>76591628
No. If you blast them off how are they just orbiting. There is no globe. We have no batteries for cars but 98 year old boxes of tin are beaming us all sorts of cock and balls. All what we think they can do can be done by plane
>>
>>76591479
No, because it is only affecting California. The satellites will work normally elsewhere. Something, most probably emanating from China Lake Naval Weapons Center, is interfering with the signal enough to make it unreliable for navigation.
>>
>>76591747
Yes yes muh satellites
>>
Huh, this is really close to me, would it affect phone GPS?
>>
>>76591798
NO! And if it did you can use "GPS" with very archaic methods. Like your eyes
>>
File: CLAKE.jpg (4 MB, 4000x1302) Image search: [Google]
CLAKE.jpg
4 MB, 4000x1302
>>76586101
Fuck.

Just gave me the chills. There is some serious nuclear chatter going on.

China Lake is literally HUB central for dem nukes...

China Lake has underground facilities that house EXTREMELY powerful ordinance. Most likely for taking out non-terrestrial targets,

This shit is getting real.

CALIFORNIA 1: 29 Palms, California Tunnels to: Chocolate Mts., Fort Irwin, California (possibly one more site due west a few miles) 2: Benicia, California 3. Catalina Island, California Tunnels to: I was told by someone who worked at the Port Hueneme Naval Weapons Division Base in Oxnard that they have heard and it is 'common rumor' that there is a tunnel from the base to this Island, and also to Edwards Air Force Base, possibly utilizing old mines. . 4. China Lake Naval Weapons Testing Center 5. Chocolate Mountains, California Tunnels to: Fort Irwin, California 6. Death Valley,California Function: The entrance to the Death Valley Tunnel is in the Panamint Mountains down on the lower edge of the range near Wingate Pass, in the bottom of an abandoned mine shaft. The bottom of the shaft opens into an extensive tunnel system
>>
>>76591798
There's only one type of GPS
>>
>>76591798
The NOTAM says (if my memory is correct) interference will begin at 50 ft up to 40,000 ft.
>>
>>76591798
That is close to Edwards Air force base right? Iv been by there a few times, and there's all sorts of crazy shit flying out of there.
>>
>>76591798
depending on what it is they're testing, maybe

if they're using a jamming signal of some sort and bouncing it off the upper atmosphere, there's a small chance phone GPS will be fucked, but most likely it will just be anything from 50 feet above ground level and up to 40k feet

>>76591869
>nuclear chatter

Why the fuck would they practically announce a nuclear test to anyone? We've had supercomputers do those tests for decades. It's probably some EMP related device or new experimental aircraft.
>>
>>76591743
nuclear powered batteries and solar panels, very expensive. each satellite and the rocket mission costs upwards of $50 million

gasoline is more cost-efficient and safe for a consumer grade vehicle. there are batteries for cars, ie; smart car
>>
>>76592198
Sputnik must have really been expensive. I don't believe any of this shit
>>
File: richard-doty-deceived-u-009.jpg (57 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
richard-doty-deceived-u-009.jpg
57 KB, 460x276
>>76592012
Must be some normie nuclear shit. That wouldn't be suspect if the place of origin and concern is CHINA LAKE.

This location is the powerhouse of nuclear ordinance for the US - and other, more powerful ordinance / launching systems than people know about. I'm just going to assume its a test. A test for what? I have an idea... but I don't think that would fly here.
>>
>>76592366
>Sputnik must have really been expensive
15 million rubles in 1957 was equivalent to roughly 15 million USD.
thats about 128 million USD in 2016.

>I don't believe any of this shit

What are your alternatives to satellites, space travel, etc? also if you don't trust them how can you selectively use their science to prove your points. how do you know what's real and what's a hoax?
>>
>>76586101
I can only draw a conclusion that by shutting down GPS. They can test something and may be able to stop foreign countries from look from orbiting.
>>
File: plane jump.jpg (33 KB, 500x512) Image search: [Google]
plane jump.jpg
33 KB, 500x512
>>76593170
#WeGhoulNow

Nah...
Look at Radar mane.
>>
>>76591950
Im 404' above sea lvl. So that's a yes?
>>
Pilot/ex-military here.
US Navy is conducting this 'test'.
It's been done in the past in secret but got found out because of investigations that arose from pilot reports of inaccurate gps readings. Now they have an agreement with the FAA to announce these tests in the interest of public safety.
>>
File: That's fuckin yuge [oc].jpg (311 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
That's fuckin yuge [oc].jpg
311 KB, 1200x900
>>76586101
>>
>>76593748
Is it a device that is already known. Is there reading material on the device that can disrupt GPS
>>
>>76586101
>odd

No it isn't. They're practicing aerial combat operations in areas where GPS signals are denied. They want to be ready when China goes full empire mode on the south china sea.
>>
>>76593170
That would not stop them; foreign satellites don't navigate with GPS.

It may surprise you to learn that GPS is a proprietary US military program that America can unilaterally shut off at any time; hence foreign nations do not allow their domestic defence (and other essential programs / services) to rely on it.
>>
>>76594157
Not going to happen buddy. LOL

>>
>>76594157
It would be easier to just disable the GPS receivers in the participating aircraft.
>>
>>76593981
Basically there are a series of devices some mobile some stationary. This one sounds stationary due area affected.
A gps spoofer would be the best way to describe it. Goal would be to have gps and other navaid weapons attack themselves.
>>
>>76587608
You mean the jewitary
>>
>>76594389
It just seems that in such a localized area that it would be a extraordinarily powerful Jamming device. If it was a case of them not turning them off.
>>
>>76589894

Satellite is an anagram of 'latest lie'. They have to bounce off a solid object in the sky to get over the horizon. I am not buying the idea that different bands of air pressure can be used to do this, without frequent interference. This does not mean the Earth is flat.
>>
Well, I'll check my GPS tomorrow and report back if its actually affected... Would be bad if it affected cells too.
>>
>>76586101
Considering the .gov owns the GPS satellites, all they would have to do is turn them off. Your theory is weak.
>>
Its strange that they are intentionally causing such a disruption. This will affect agriculture, aviation, shipping, couriers, etc. etc.

I guess they are more scoping the disruptive secondary effects than anything else. There is no logical reason not to do this test off Wake Island. Any aircraft big enough or loitering enough to carry such a jammer should be able to get there.
>>
>>76594759
In the words of AVWEB:
>it seems the military is testing something that can disrupt GPS over a huge area [above 50ft]

This tells us two certain things:
(1). They want to test the performance of "something(s)" when it's ability to access to GPS is impaired, or revoked completely.
(2). The "something(s)" is to be tested above 50ft.

We don't know what the "something(s)" is, but we can speculate. The most likely answer is they will take advantage of this window to research the navigational efficacy of a suite of military products such as aircraft (possibly including aerial war-game scenarios), drones, missiles.
>>
>>76595245
>>76595174

They are not turning the GPS satellites off, nor disrupting GPS service at ground level (or anywhere below 50ft).
>>
>>76586101
Do you think he will put TRUMP on Air Force One?
>>
>>76586101
some haarp-like device will be used from that facility to damage russia or or heir interests.
>>
>>76586101
or maybe it's a satellite maintenance problem that will be fixed as the satellite flies over that area? does this make sense at all or it is cucked science?
>>
>>76597745
it's hailing apples for chrissake
>>
>>76598190
More military lies.

Apples don't come in until the fall. Try to fail again.
>>
>>76593822
I just noticed he kept the Rolls-Royce logo on the engines. Odd to think a company like them makes luxury cars and jet engines.
>>
>>76591371
Xrays make it in the 8 minute 20s time it takes light to get here, yes, but the particles released from a strong flare generally dont show up anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour after the flare (depends on the flare type and how strong it was). The coronal mass ejections generally take up to 5 days to get here, but they've made the trip in under 18 hours before.

>>76599965
They made the engines for the Concorde.
>>
>>76599965
Rolls-Royce engines have always been a stalwart. They made some of the best engines back in the day.

What's more interesting is that the cameras go in on the engines and not the rest of it.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.