[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ˈdeməˌɡäɡ/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
noun
noun: demagogue; plural noun: demagogues

a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.

Sorta like committing the appeal to authority fallacy, or drawing a sensationalistic cartoon depicting a stupid-looking man yelling at someone in a wheelchair. I suppose it's not the artist's fault, considering the liberal mind is filled with so much cognitive dissonance as for the irony and hypocracy of their statements to have almost transcended into physical form, like those diversified kids summoning Captain Planet.

pic obviously related

so anyway, does Trump got this or what?
>>
>>76477126
Stephen Hawking should keep his crippled faggot mouth shut about politics and philosophy.
>>
>>76477126
Bernie and Hillary both seem to be far closer to Demagogues then Trump is, given that Trumps entire campaign has been about rectifying issues he sees in the united states rather then any kind of ideal (besides MAGA).
>>
>>76477298
He does keep his mouth shut, though.
>>
that idiot probably doesn't even talk for himself. Chances are it's just someone on a mic pretending to be that retard
>>
The media has completely restructured the relationship between politicians and the people who vote for them. I can't think of a single elected official who wouldn't class as a demagogue. The time when politics was about rational arguments is gone.
>>
File: 1441220358395.gif (424 KB, 157x157) Image search: [Google]
1441220358395.gif
424 KB, 157x157
>>76477796
>>
>>76477126
>not using the based IPA
>using some shitty phonetic spelling
saged
>>
Popular desires? You mean like legalizing marijuana and making college free?
>>
>>76477126
If you want leaders that use rational arguments, you can go try and move to one of those countries.
>>
File: 1446001348681.jpg (23 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
1446001348681.jpg
23 KB, 650x365
>>76477796
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.