[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could design a government for your nation for the 21st
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: katype.jpg (122 KB, 405x270) Image search: [Google]
katype.jpg
122 KB, 405x270
If you could design a government for your nation for the 21st century, how would it work? Forms of non-authoritarian government are preferred because this board is constantly circlejerkimg about that, but post whatever you believe would be best.

I'm thinking a technocracy/democracy hybrid with a bill of rights.

You'd have a head of military, international relations, public health, engineering, energy, education and others who would meet regularly and come up with short and long term plans for the government.

They would have to swear to want to better their nation and keep that in mind with every decision. A type of Tyranny/corruption guard would spy on them to make sure that no backroom deals would be made, they would not be able to reveal their identity or methods to anyone. They would make sure the group adheres to the bill of rights as well.

Most importantly, every issue would be up for eligible voters to disagree with. If over 50% of the total voting population disagrees, then the bill cannot be passed. The technocracy would get one exception a year of utmost importance, and there would still have to be a limit for percentage who consent to it.

The efficiency of few rulers, with the popular protections of a republic.

What do you think /pol/? Got a better idea?
>>
>>76453630
Elect a supreme leader.
He will be publicly executed after 3 years.
Only the really motivated persons will try to be elected.
>>
>>76453630
Democracy is a meme. I mean this from the bottom of my heart.
>>
>>76453630
1 - I am your lord.
2 - My will is law.
Done, now obey the law plebs!
>>
>>76454738
So in your mind, not having any say in what your government does is preferable? Don't you pay taxes? Don't you work your ass off to pay the state? Don't you want to have a say in how that money is spent, and what laws you are subjected to?

I don't know man, to me hating democracy sounds like the opinion of a naive and for lack of a better word privileged guy who has never suffered under authoritarian rule and takes his freedoms for granted.
>>
Everything after the third paragraph sounds horrible OP and quite frankly you should kill yourself.

>secret anti-tyranny guard
Say hello to the real government

>direct democracy
pic related
>>
File: death-of-socrates-AB.jpg (76 KB, 334x250) Image search: [Google]
death-of-socrates-AB.jpg
76 KB, 334x250
>>76455255

for fucks sake
>>
>>76455255
>Say hello to the real government

You could just make it so they can only spy and not communicate with the people.

It's an untried form of direct democracy. More importantly, it wouldn't be who votes, it would be the percentage of the whole voting population that votes.
>>
>>76455255
That disagrees, not votes*
>>
>>76453630
Instead of having a "Tyranny/corruption guard" why don't you make "public affair" public?

Every mail, talk or movement of the elected elite should be public to everyone to scrutinize.
Make them wear a cam and a gps.
>>
>>76456010
You know what, that's a good fucking idea anon. Maybe not the GPS thing because of assassinations, but I agree with everything else. That's a better alternative.
>>
Meritocracy based on egghead achievement
>>
Everyone remembers that "Purge" movie?
>>
>>76458707
I mean yeah I saw the first two. Seems like a bad idea. So much property damage and probably valuable people killed every year.
>>
>>76456010
I have thought a lot this also. Witness the haughty secrecy of the European parliament. The three am votes in the US Congress on laws that clearly everyone knows should not pass. The tendency for this crowd to turn out to be gay or pedophiles.
Privacy is for private citizens. I have even thought-experimented that if I was some sort of leader, I would defeat blackmail by making every single private thing fir me and my cabibet public. You visit a discreet high-end cathouse? Fine, you won't be punished, but everyone will know, and part of the report includes specifying your tastes. All government gays outed, all government pedos exposed.
>>
>>76459441
I mean I don't care if they're gay, I just want them to work for the people of their nation and not their own personal gain.
>>
>>76458707
I'll say it here, and everywhere, every day of I'm my life I'll say it if I have to. Finns are fucking crazy.
>>
>>76453630
Absolutist monarchy because its the only rightfull type of government. Its.not even a matter to discuss.

There should be a council of minister that would make the rule in the country, all with the monarch or Prime-Minister approval.

In the provinces, a type of Council should exist to rule over the Province and make some laws, but instead of the monarch, a elected president should head the council.

There should be only 3 parties in the country. The candidate for presidency of the provinces should be choose by the monarch between the 3 most voted candidates. No more than 3 candidates should dispute the presidency.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.