[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/, we need to legalize torture. Why? Because criminals can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (139 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
139 KB, 1920x1080
/pol/, we need to legalize torture.
Why?
Because criminals can get away with murder for years before getting caught, and should pay for the years when they should've been locked up. Maybe then, paranoid criminals would be more likely to turn themselves in.
Do you agree? What would /pol/ make the torture be? Let's turn this into a real bill and legalize torture.
>>
File: 1463491355386.jpg (99 KB, 723x691) Image search: [Google]
1463491355386.jpg
99 KB, 723x691
>>76345407
>Torture or Shariah, what's the difference?
>>
Sorry my man, you have just been falsely accused.
Pepper your angus.
>>
>>76345407
just execute thieves, fiends, murders and rapist.
All the other criminals can do hard labor for .25$ an hour to pay off damages and costs
>>
know how unoften someone is falsely accused though? and even then, so what? They should take one for the team. If they're found not guilty, years later, the gov should give them a million dollars and tell them to stop crying or GTFO my 'Murica.
>>
>>76345407

One of the main things that makes criminals, criminals is they don't consider the consequences. So it's rather pointless to have torture.
>>
>>76345407
make criminals fill our their own paperwork
that'll really reduce crime
>>
>>76345407
I'm pretty sure Trump is fine with torture if needed.
>>
>"the government can't do anything right"
>"they should have the power to kill and torture people"
>conservative logic

toppest of keks, my friends
>>
>>76348837

Not bad, and bill them too, like the movie Brazil
>>
File: luxury suite.jpg (22 KB, 636x424) Image search: [Google]
luxury suite.jpg
22 KB, 636x424
>>76345407
In any system of justice there are going to inevitably be a few innocent people who are wrongly convicted, even in a system where the burden of proof is on the accuser and not the accused. Torture would be a fine thing if we could somehow be 100% certain that the person being punished is actually guilty. This, however, is not possible. In a civilized society sitting in a room like pic related for the rest of your life with no prospect of ever walking free again is sufficient punishment for the worst of crimes, and still not so cruel that it would keep me up at night that a few innocent people were subjected to it. Also, if they are exonerated later due to new evidence or rulings then the damage done by their wrongful incarceration is minimal, in contrast to torture which would leave a much more permanent mark.
>>
>>76345407
Nothing in OP's post makes any sense. You sound perfectly uninformed on this topic.
Nevertheless, consider that most third world countries have de facto procedural, torture, and they also have massive crime.
>>
>>76349753
But that's bullshit and not enough incentive to cause the heinous to turn themselves in. With impending torture waived for turning oneself in, there would be actual reason to turn oneself in... and about the "not 100% guaranteed that dat nigga done it" deal, read above. And you know "dat nigga prolly done did it" even if his ass wasn't convicted. Convictions are right, 99.99% of the time, because at least in U.S.A, real hard evidence is needed to convict. If still wrong, convicted should take 1 for the team as said above.
>>
ALso, fyi, torture already exists. It's called "Solitary confinement" and it needs to be a mandatory punishment for the years that a murderer was able to live free.
>>
File: Kumla-prison-in-Sweden-009.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Kumla-prison-in-Sweden-009.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>>76349753
American prisons need a swedish upgrade
>>
>>76349753
Also, suicide should be a viable option for anyone in prison. They should be allowed to sign up for elective euthanization, perhaps made to go through a bit of counseling for a couple of weeks just in case they change their mind and to prevent any rash decisions, and after completing the counselling euthanized per their wishes. That way we don't have to worry about them hanging themselves in their cells and ruining the guard's day with paperwork and internal reviews of procedure, and it would cut down on the cost of incarceration

>>76350549
>accused of a crime, lets say for example rape of a drunk girl who consented at the time but later retracted her consent due to intoxication
>completely innocent of the crime, I was drunker than her and bitch wanted to fug but I can't prove it

I now have a choice:
A) fight the charges and possibly lose, at which point I will be tortured
B) falsely confess my guilt and avoid torture

which would you choose?
>>
>>76350549
But that's bullshit to say convictions are 99.99% correct.

>>>/reddit/
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.