[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Direction in Life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 275x183
/pol/, I've always come to you for advice in my life, so here's whats happening: I just graduated high school, and was accepted by several state universities. The problem is, I don't know what I want to do. I kinda want to go into a trade, but I'm scared of what my family will think, as they're all college educated. And I'm not smart enough for the stem meme. Give me your classic /pol/ sage advice, please. Also, post /pol/ approved careers.
>>
You shoul try civil technical study
>>
>>76259158

Get some mushrooms and eat them in the woods with trusted friends. Think about your future calling.
>>
Go to a trade school and don't be your families bitch
>>
File: 1450427333759.jpg (56 KB, 515x759) Image search: [Google]
1450427333759.jpg
56 KB, 515x759
>>76259158
Sure, I just graduated college and now I have no direction in life. 23 years old for context.

Swallow your pride and ask your help. That was my fatal mistake, I was too much of a sperg to reach out to others and get on a set path. Now I'm 23, unemployed and entirely listless. I will most certainly die alone and have zero path to a successful future.

It's my own fault, though. I allowed my impulsiveness to get the better of me. What I'm trying to say is, don't wind up in my position.Life is over for me because I fucked up by being an impulsive jackass. Don't make the same mistakes I did.

Good luck.
>>
join the military. air force if you aren't too stupid.
>>
>>76259577
jesus, you will go down a path of despair with that sense of doom and depression. You need to first realize that you're a step ahead of a lot of people by being a college graduate. I'm also 23, and also graduating this month with a BS in geology.

Guess what, oil/gas is slumped, mining and commodities is down, that leaves the environmental/gis industry and a surplus of unemployed, experienced geologists in the market. Do I mope and whine because my job search is extremely competitive?

Fuck no, I'm applying myself after I graduate by learning advanced Excel, SQL, Tableau, and some Python, and I'm going to leverage my technical degree into a Business/Data Analyst career path. You need ambition, even if the odds are stacked against you.

I, with my 2.5gpa, no internship, no relevant work experience college education, look forward to the future, because the only way is up.
>>
>>76259847
>jesus, you will go down a path of despair with that sense of doom and depression.

Already there, and have been there for several years now. I've had moments where I get out of it, but it never sticks.

Curious though, what are you doing to learn Excel and the other stuff? Almost every job forum I go to holds Excel up in this high regard.
>>
Learn coding.
Learn programming.
Learn math.
Chemistry, engineering, robotics.

They will be the only jobs left.
>>
>>76259158
Go to business school. Do Marketing its kinda smart but not really. Get a 3.3 GPA and do a frat, try to do your best Chad Thundercock impression, work out, instead of studying mostly hit the gym.

Sometimes study and get on Adderall for a few days and go fucking hard. Get an A on all final exams but who cares about the others, get C's and B's.
Then go cold turkey from that shit because its bad for you.

Eventually get lots of friends, eventually one will get you a job at some construction company.

Work your way up and do sales, advertising eventually a foreman job, or be some jerkoff oil rig manager or some shit.

Make 80K a year, get married and have white kids and keep this country afloat somehow.

I just mapped out your next 40 years, YWIA.
>>
>>76260076
try this link. It's very good, very intuitive, you follow along in excel with the videos. A lot of people have recomended it:

https://excelexposure.com/

Some takeways Ive learned is that pivot tables, index match, vlookup are very important aspects of excel to know

Then, learn some SQL and get yourself an office job. Try and visit /fit/ and hit up the gym, that's an excellent way to get started in terms of goals/aspirations/achievements. Also, bite your pride if you haven't already, and go see a therapist. It's why they're their, and don't let some sperg on /pol/ tell you otherwise.
>>
>>76259158
watch MIT opencourseware videos on youtube

buy ethereum

and buy kneepads so u can suck dicks for $1 a million times in 1 year, then u will be millionaire
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.