[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: jesus.jpg (81 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
81 KB, 650x366
Happy Sunday, /pol/!

I'm an atheist who wants to believe in God, but I just can't finding any compelling evidence of his existence.

All the 'evidence' for his existence that I hear from Christians can, for the most part, be used to assert that pixies, genies, and ghosts exist.

For example, I often hear Christians state, "Everything needs a creator. Therefore, there had to be an initial creator which was God but he didn't need to be created because he lives outside of reality."

That is a weak argument that can be used to debate that fairies exist.

So, is there any convincing evidence for God's existence? If the Christian God exists and I couldn't convince myself of his existence, do you really think I will burn in hell for all eternity?

Also, feel free to share your supernatural experiences, philosophical Bible quotes, and thoughts on religion.
>>
Bump?
>>
>>76165036
x2
>>
Bump for OP.
>>
File: jesus-christ-images-3.jpg (164 KB, 570x717) Image search: [Google]
jesus-christ-images-3.jpg
164 KB, 570x717
>>76165036
>>76165036
>>76165036
>>76165036

The Bible states that magic (fairies and genies as you call them, AKA demons) are real. And God hates magic.

I am a highly educated person and have seen things in my life that are, most likely, magic.

And the sorcerers who make deals with demons to performs said magics are doomed to hell unless they repent, and repent NOW.

God hates fags.
God hates magic.
God hates idolaters.

God is one wrathful mofo who gave us one and ONLY ONE chance. One Messiah. That's IT. NO SECOND CHANCES. NO REGRETS.

DEAL WITH IT.
>>
>>76165036
Ok, here are the videos:
Proof for the resurrection of Jesus:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=A0iDNLxmWVM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Z0tyVdnIU9A
Ex-atheist professor argues for Genesis being the book closest to how actually Earth and life was formed:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=J8bxxqytndg
>>
I don't know about burning in hell for all eternity. They don't say much about that since Vatican II. But it doesn't seem like a very fair punishment for anything you could do even if you were a rebellious angel and servant of evil.

imo proof is worth thinking about but doesn't really cut it. It's really more about what you come to believe or not in your heart.
>>
File: Kierkegaard1.jpg (106 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Kierkegaard1.jpg
106 KB, 1600x900
>>76165036
>So, is there any convincing evidence for God's existence? If the Christian God exists and I couldn't convince myself of his existence, do you really think I will burn in hell for all eternity?

there isnt any COMPELING evidence for faith. But faith comes by hearing the word of God (Romans 10:17) i.e. you cant become a beliver by your own reason, weather or not arguments are good or not.

recive the word of God and faith will come = SAVED
>>
>>76167175
>But it doesn't seem like a very fair punishment for anything you could do even if you were a rebellious angel and servant of evil.

compared to what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65IsKCuHbus

dont be a pleb and argue that way - my personla view about hell comes from the bible, and I just cant see the whole "everlasting punishment" there. fire makes you burn up and that is what will happen after the judgement. but whatever God finds right in the end is right.
>>
>>76167476
>fire makes you burn up and that is what will happen after the judgement. but whatever God finds right in the end is right.
Sounds about right to me.

All I was saying is even Lucifer hasn't gone to hell forever yet. Or maybe he has in a metaphorical sense. Seems to me we make our own hells, one way or another. I don't know why God would even bother hating us that much unless we had become manifestations of evil beyond normal comprehension.
>>
>>76167704
>All I was saying is even Lucifer hasn't gone to hell forever yet.

I mean, I agree with your position, but its a slippery slope to start to argue about God from "It doesnt seem to me compared to earthly life that..." but the whole idea that hell is right now under the core of the Earth is quite rediculous and inconsistent. Regardin Lucifer and his punishemnt idk
>>
>>76167938
I'm no biblical scholar, and wouldn't consider myself to be correct even if I were. Just a guy with a small amount of knowledge trying to think about what's more likely true than not true.
>>
>>76165036
if everything that begins to exist has a cause, and the universe began to exis, the universe must have a cause. although true, this leads to an infinite regression UNLESS you put a stop to it by inserting that somewherr in the chain there has to be a beginning that never began, something uncaused that is the cause of all other things. from this point you have 3 choices. either the universe is self caused which is impossible. otherwise it was caused by chance and this is where most people draw their line. if you dont see orderliness in the universe and think it is all chaos then the universe is just some big mistake and the uncaused cause which logically must exist could be some non personal universe producing thing. whereas if you can see orderliness and beauty and purpose, you are reasonable in thinking the uncaused cause has a personality and created it with purpose and order. aka God.

tldr: kalam cosmology (finally the muzzies do something right)
>>
>>76168079
we cool bro
>>
>>76168296
Imagine if we felt like we had to go blow each other up over things like this? I don't know what's wrong with some people.

Evidence in my opinion that there does exist evil in the world.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.