[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cell phone culture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: cellphoneculture.jpg (184 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
cellphoneculture.jpg
184 KB, 640x427
What does /pol/ think of the cellphone culture? Does it make you feel more alone?
>>
>>76157067
Before people had cell phones they had their heads buried in news papers and books.

People like to read.
>>
>>76157114

It takes more time to pull out a book or newspaper than a cell phone. I feel like even in my school when you enter a classroom people just bury their faces into their cellphones. You never get any real conversations and even in a full fucking classroom it's super quiet.
>>
>>76157201
>It takes more time to pull out a book or newspaper than a cell phone.
it literally doesn't
>>
>>76157263

It's a known fact.
>>
>>76157314
>Implying a burger knows how long it takes to take out a book
>>
>>76157345

Unless you have it strapped to your dick you have to keep it in your backpack. You can just whip your phone out of your pocket.
>>
>>76157067
I stand firm by my belief that smartphones are too advanced for us right now. They went from tools to an important part of our lives in a terribly short amount of time.
>>
it's good for those who use it, but for people like myself who barely use it, it sucks

there's a friend of mine that often looks at his phone when i'm talking, and when i ask him a question he asks me to repeat it

i'm sure many others go through this as well
>>
If people didn't have cellphones they would spend their time bullying me.
>>
File: 1464644628136.png (118 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1464644628136.png
118 KB, 640x1136
They're priceless if you're an average female. They're your gateway to dick that is way out of your league in your regular real life social circles.
>>
>tfw still using an iphone 3
>have no idea about snapchat, instagram, etc.

i'm not being a hipster, i'm just a poorfag and i don't want to get in with contracts and shit with nice phones. plus i just don't really give a shit about them outside of calling/texting/4chan
>>
People generally hate to make small talk, phones are a good reason to not have to anymore.
>>
>>76157345
What's up with you Irish and that literary prowess? Every Irishman I've met has read Joyce and thinks of books like recreational drugs. Like shit, I get you like reading but damn, man, calm the fuck down if I'm reading a .pdf on an tablet.
>>
I think the issue is that they are a huge distraction and people use them as a coping mechanism of being in any type of uncomfortable situation. People are not even experiencing reality 90% of the time they are just into a virtual facebook world looking at random pictures and doing stupid shit.
>>
I'm not a fan of the added danger while driving. You never know when one of those dumbass will burn a redlight while texting and plough into you
>>
>>76157476
Yeah I remember when everyone in school mocked me for staring at my cellphone all the time. Now that's what those people do all the time s m h
>>
>>76157067
Nice data mining OP! What company is paying you to post on 4chan?

sage
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.