[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is suicide considered selfish? not suicidal, just this doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: 1017 - 707wpmv.jpg (140 KB, 1920x1276) Image search: [Google]
1017 - 707wpmv.jpg
140 KB, 1920x1276
why is suicide considered selfish?

not suicidal, just this doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>76137416
We just say that to make suicidal people feel important.
>>
>>76137416
normies are their ridiculous morals.
>>
>>76137416
You leave behind family and friends that cherish you.
>>
>>76137416
You choose to cause other person suffering for your own escape.
>>
>>76137416
If you got a lotta debt, your passing it on to your kin. Also cremation expenses, at the very, very least.
>>
>>76137687

If you are suicidal you usually dont have those.
>>
Because normies would rather have you suffer for decades just so they wouldn't feel a negative emotion for a few minutes
>>
Because you're taking the easy way out instead of going Brievik
>>
>>76137416
By killing oneself they deny the world their labor.

Read Schopenhauer, he makes the best case against suicide I ever read.
>>
>>76137715
As opposed to delaying your suicide for their emotions?

Both people are selfish.
>>
>>76137687
>implying anyone actually cherishes a suicidal person
Literally the only suicide people cared about was Robin Williams. Are you as universally loved and endeared as Robin Williams? No? Than nobody will care if you kill yourself.
>>
>>76137777
Nice numbers
>>
>>76137777
This is best answer
>>
>>76137501
fpbp
>>
>>76137416
Take it to r9k, whiteboi
>>
>>76137777
Estonia fucking bringing the banter
Nice work lad
>>
>implying anything exists after you kill yourself
>>
Which is why he said family and friends. Of course no one will care. Maybe feel sad for a brief moment, but not enough to ruin their day.

People die everyday. We're used to that. But thet ones that are close to us will care.
>>
>>76137798
Fuck the world.
>>
>>76137416
You will, that affects negatively every other persons life.
>>
Why is shitting a kid out into the world not considered selfish?

The world is an inescapable shell of immutable suffering
>>
File: MTE5NTU2MzE2NDI5MTI1MTMx.jpg (174 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NTU2MzE2NDI5MTI1MTMx.jpg
174 KB, 1200x1200
>>76137416
It increases record sales and leaves your loved ones with a bigger fortune. Simple economics really.
>>
>>76138238
If the suicide videotaped himself and it was fun to watch, it's have a positive effect on me. Probably most of /pol/ as well.
>>
>>76137416
Becuz when you commit suicide or fail to commit, you leave a mess that others have to clean up.

Not to mention if there is a missing person warrant for you. A waste of time and resources, especially when folks have to check the isolated areas and prime suicide spots.

If you want to do so (Which I am TOTALLY not suggesting you to), do it in a way that you would not be missed. No Drama etc.
>>
>>76137765
Not true. If you're suicidal you usually don't feel like you have those when in actuality you do.
>>
>>76137798

> deny the world their labor.

Your opinion is stupid and you should feel bad
>>
>>76137416
Because, even if you're a rock-bottom shitbag that nobody could ever possibly like, you affect other peoples' lives in little ways that cannot easily be replaced. It could be good, or it could be bad, but it's still something.

Plus, depending on where or how you do it, you could prove to be a major inconvenience, even in death. Blood doesn't come out of carpet easily.
>>
>>76139597
Your labor is making the rest of the world's population feel better about themselves because at least they're not you. Somebody's gotta be on the bottom kid.
>>
nobody actually gives a fuck if you kill yourself

suicide is selfish if you drained more than you contributed, however, suicide can also be honourable if you prevent yourself from draining more than you contribute
>>
Is Sepuku the best method of suicide?
>>
>>76137715
If other people suffer if you choose to kill yourself, that's their own problem to deal with. Not yours. You can't let other people control your life because they may or may not be unhappy.
>>
If your parents are still alive they have to live the rest of their life knowing you killed yourself. It makes the rest of their existence shitty, especially if you're their only child. If you're not their only child and their children go on to have children than its not really that big of a deal, you were just a whoops-a-daisy.

If you haven't fallen enough to experience a very surreal feeling world where you're weighing your actions/inactions within it as your desire to live or not live then you are probably just buying a meme.

A lot of people who kill themselves do it because its some tumblr cool thing to do. Everyone that kills themselves does it because of their weakness and inability to adapt to lifes circumstances.
>>
>>76142729
>A lot of people who kill themselves do it because its some tumblr cool thing to do
sometimes i forget that these type of people exist

it felt better before you reminded me
>>
>>76137687
People die anyway?
>>
>>76137501
underrated post
>>
>>76138768
>do it in a way that you would not be missed.

So take out your family just beforehand?
>>
File: only dreams now.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
only dreams now.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>76137416
Because life sucks and people are just too afraid to admit it. They want to keep you imprisoned here. It's all a trap anon. Get out while you can!
>>
>>76138512
He was murdered.
>>
>>76137416

It depends on the situation. If you have kids and you kill yourself you're a piece of fucking garbage. If you're just some faggot who doesn't get along with his parents and can't get a girlfriend then I guess it's really not a big deal.
>>
>>76137416
It's the definition of selfish! You get to leave and we have to stay.
>>
>>76137777

This.

depression
>severe mental illness
>suicidal since pre-adolescence
>visceral feelings of dread and despair are constant part of daily life

normie "depression"
>I lost my job, oh bummer.. :(
>gf broke up with me today #fml
>>
>>76145359
>we have to stay.

No, you don't.
>>
>>76145667
Fuck you leaf, I'm not ready for the great escape.
>>
>>76137687
>kill himself
>friends and family interviewed
>he so lovely. We care him so much
>plz. We are such caring loving people
Yeah suicidal people usually have a loving family and great friends around all the time
>>
It's not, unless you have people around that love you. If you sudoku you're disregarding how that would affect them just because you don't want to get help.
>>
>>76145611
>I didn't get a raise...o bummer :( #1st world problems
>gf won't suck my dick today #fml
FTFY
>>
>>76137777
I bet those caring family and friends would remember you after 3 months
The people around suicidal person are always an indirect factor
>>
>>76137416
instead of learning to participate in the world like a grown-up, you opt out

same reasoning why it's selfish or childish to throw a tantrum about not getting your way in general
>>
>>76138003
Fuck /pol/ be patriotic?
>>
Because someone has to clean up your mess
>>
>>76139775
What if you buy tiled floor beforehand?
>>
>>76137416
deleting my pepe folder was a mistake
>>
>>76139339

The 4 people I knew who killed themselves had like 1 friend and their family abused or neglected them.

I guess I shouldnt say all dont have that but 100% of the suicide victims I met have not.
>>
>>76137687
My dad commited suicide and I wouldnt say its selfish. You get over it in a couple weeks
>>
>>76147248
>The 4 people I knew
>100% of the suicide victims I met
Not an argument.
>>
>>76147772
>Not an argument.
Thats not an argument
>>
File: 1461201189255.jpg (62 KB, 685x474) Image search: [Google]
1461201189255.jpg
62 KB, 685x474
Geez Jerry, you never clean your room and now I have to clean your damn dead body and excrement?
>>
>>76147821
>Thats not an argument

Which isnt an argument
>>
>>76147821
What's your point? I can't provide an argument to something that isn't an argument.
>>
>>76147924
You're an argument!
>>
>>76137798
>By killing oneself they deny the world their labor.

Dumbest shit I've ever read.
>>
>>76137416
selfish normies want to feel good about "helping" someone
>>
>>76137777
pretty cool story, mordecai
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.