[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Attached picture (fact checked it myself, but you can too if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
Attached picture (fact checked it myself, but you can too if you want too) shows, that in most developed democratic capitalist countries the suicide rate per 100,000 people is at about an average of 10. The black bars represent suicide with gun wile the gray shows without gun. As one can see from this graph the country's with the most access to guns have the most gun suicides, (Switzerland and of course the US). The US also outranks everyone by around 3 more suicides per 100k people, this is not a very big number comapred to other countries. Tho my question regarding to this is, is it better to have suicide with high use of guns or is it better to have suicide with low number of guns used? Also, will access to guns encourage suicide? There can be a slight correlation, but what are your thoughts in this. As we can see no country on this list has mastered to significantly reduce suicide, most country with the use of very strict gun control did manage to lower suicide by use of gun.
>>
>>76129291
>(fact checked it myself, but you can too if you want too)
does this mean you took into account the possibility of lazy policework?
>>
>>76129545
No I did not, as this is an international statistic
>>
>>76129610
are you saying policework in these countries are all of the same competence?
>>
>>76129683
No I do not, what I'm saying is that I did not look into policework, as there are multiple countries on this statistic, and obviously all their police forces operate differently.
>>
Worldwide, there's no correlation.

Statewide in the US, there's a strong correlation.
>>
Letting people kill themselves in a clean and efficient manner is the best way to prevent psychopathic murderers.

You address suicide issues by increasing the public's quality of life through the economy and proper tax distribution, not through taking their guns away all telling them "NO!!! YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO DIE BECAUSE I SAY SO!!!!"

Every man has the right to die.
>>
>>76129908
so then why do you take it seriously
>>
File: 221.jpg (11 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
221.jpg
11 KB, 216x233
>>76129291
I could argue that access to Teen Titans Go is the cause of the increase. Doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>76129291
Your graph is lacking. Have the same parameters but add in previous years as well. That will answer the question if there's any potential relationship between reducing suicide by gun and reducing suicide overall.
>>
>NZ ahead of Australia

Makes me giggle every time. It just goes to show that living in paradise isn't the best thing ever.
>>
Who cares what fucking method they use? If a man wants to kill himself, he'll do it weather or not he has access to a gun. If anything it's better because suicide by gun isn't as painful as suicide by (most) other methods.
>>
>>76130116
Teen titans is like cancer light

The real cancer is uncle grandpa
>>
>>76130006
I personally believe every man should not have the right to die. As mental illness, and under that I mainly mean sever depression, will change how you feel about suicide. But I do strongly agree that suicide can only be lowered by increasing the quality of life, I'm going to try to find a legit statistic that also includes 2nd world countries like China and Russia and also some 3rd world countries.
>>
>>76130116
Good point, that is why I was asking your opinion.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.