[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Farage is a politician. >Trump, a joke. Trump is clearly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Farage.jpg (83 KB, 449x413) Image search: [Google]
Farage.jpg
83 KB, 449x413
>Farage is a politician.
>Trump, a joke.

Trump is clearly using a clever approach to promote his campaign, which is no different than populism, but do you really need to act like an abnoxious teenager in order to attract the American population? Is being an educated gentleman repulsive to the average American? I admire Farage not only for his political views, but also the way he delivers the message by firmly standing his own ground and using mathematic evidence to get his point across, instead of twitting about in a provocative manner and using a cheap slogan paired with a generic persona. Even my parents love Farage.

I do support both, but Trump isn't nearly as appealing as a politician as Farage is, and how the British admire Farage, even those who disagree with him, that alone tells Trump isn't the political figure that appeals to an educated population.
>>
>>76099736
What's wrong with populism in a democracy?
>>
Out of the two Nigel is clearly better.
>>
File: Chavez.jpg (65 KB, 615x778) Image search: [Google]
Chavez.jpg
65 KB, 615x778
>>76099850
Everything. Populism is designed to appeal to the majority, to the bottom-tier citizens, with the main intent to crop for votes, instead of appropriately convincing the population by providing them with evidence, therefore earning their trust, or at the very least, their respect, in the most honest manner.

Trump has to put on a persona and play around with the population in order to attract them. That's the core strategy of populism, and it's cancerous, because it's a lie.
>>
>>76100308
>. Populism is designed to appeal to the majority, to the bottom-tier citizens, with the main intent to crop for votes

Yea, thats the point of democracy. The majority get their say

>instead of appropriately convincing the population by providing them with evidence
why should a politician try to subvert the will of the majority and not just be a representative of what they already want

>therefore earning their trust, or at the very least, their respect, in the most honest manner.
seems like that would be the case for a populist since he is representing the majority
>>
>>76099736
The problem is that American politics is a center of leftist cancer at the moment. The last 20 years have done almost irrevocable damage to the political process through unchecked demographic rushes and identity politics. The GOP had essentially given up fighting immigration for this election on all fronts, and the only way Trump could break through that, as he always says, was in a knockout.

So it is a legitimate point OP, and I certainly hope it doesn't lead to someone worse using the same strategy down the line. But it was absolutely necessary for him to have a chance.
>>
>>76099736
Anti-intellectualism is really strong in USA notably because christianity has still a firm grip on the political scene and the natural american propension to make everything an entertainment.

If you are a good showman in Europe it is a plus in politics, if you are not an excellent one you can't exist unless you come from a family with an already established name.
>>
>>76099736
But its America. We love being loud and arrogant. Being a dry wit faggot is boring.
>>
Are you stupid? What the hell do you see in Trump? Especially you just compared him to Farage.

At least Farage has one REAL political stance which is leaving the EU. Trump got nothing. He flip flops a lot like Hiliary Clinton and if you believe in anything he says you are a retard.
>>
>>76100538
>Yea, thats the point of democracy. The majority get their say.
So you agree with a politician who puts on a fake persona with the sole intent to crop for votes and PERSUADE people into believing him because he looks cool, has the hype and sounds funny, even if that politician is a lie?

>why should a politician try to subvert the will of the majority and not just be a representative of what they already want
Because that's what an intelligent politician do, when he wants to CONVINCE those who did not previously support him, into understanding what's really going on and therefore agreeing with him, and providing him with the support he needs. While this may not be the easiest way, it's by far the most noble way to earn respect, and eventually, popularity. The example with my parents is clear, when they mention how they would love to have a politician as passionate and knowledgeable as Farage, instead of a populist liar like Trump. Even if Trump turns out to be a great politician, what he's doing is essentially putting on a funny costume to have the fools around him entertained, that's not quite noble and respectable.

>and I certainly hope it doesn't lead to someone worse using the same strategy down the line. But it was absolutely necessary for him to have a chance.
Exactly. As I said, I do agree with Trump and I support him, the problem is at how far down he has to go in order to attract the average American population. That seriously damages the image of Americans, because populism is always a perfect indicator that the population isn't smart enough to embrace intellectuals, because they lack the intellect to even understand them, to begin with.
>>
>>76099736
Fuck you OP ~ Trump 2016
>>
>>76099736
I feel the same way. Hopefully the next generation of Trump republicans will have the same poise as Farage
>>
>>76101944
Having both Trump and Farage is crucial to start the process of stabilizing both countries, and eventually Europe, and subsequently influencing other countries into adhering the same political inclination. Everyone wins.

The problem, as I said, and as you said, is that Trump does not convince the right people into understanding him. He does appear to be a liar, and this is the insecurity he transmits to the population. Bernie Sanders has a good way of delivering his message, but he's nuts. Hillary is like a hybrid of a populist and a pseudo-intellectual, Farage is an actual politician.

>>76102489
As mentioned by the Frenchman here >>76101103 it's something that became ingrained within the American culture since Obama assumed the government, when the US political scene was turned into a circus. It wasn't always as convincing as the European political scene as Clinton was a joke of a president as well, but Obama was the one to bring the party. That's typical of democrats everywhere, that populist approach, and as it became increasingly popular, now even conservatives have to adhere to this laughable approach in order to earn popularity.

And trust me, it takes a serious cultural overhaul in order to eradicate this populist mindset they installed.
>>
>>76099736
> trump is winning
>farage is....
>>
>>76099736

Yeah and farage got btfo whilst Trump is tearing apart American politics.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.