[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey remember those 4 orthodox churches that burned on orthodox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
hey remember those 4 orthodox churches that burned on orthodox easter? you know, the 2 in austrailia, the 1 in russia, and the one in the usa? all on the same night?

of course you don't and why would you? nothing from the talking heads on the idiot box so it must not be relevant….

mmm. literally forces one to ponder….
>>
Ofc it was on /pol/, do you have a point?
>>
Would that pic be described as "Bugs Gunny" or "Gunny Bunny"?
>>
>>76046848
I remember them. I've also seen a big uptick in anti-christian shit these past few weeks.
>>
>>76046848
Burning churches? What kind of fucking heathen would do such a vile and disgusti-
>Orthodox
Oh. Nothing of value was lost. Carry on
>>
>>76047133
i wonder what the odds are of that just happening naturally. i also wonder what the odds would be that i can't find a relevant article dated less than a month ago. pure coincidence I'm sure.
>>
>>76046848

I remember it, of course. It was suspicious-as-fuck and seemed like some sort of (typically half-assed) Muslim attack.
>>
>>76046848
>4 orthodox churches
Clinging
>Serbian Orthodox Churches
would be a more accurate statement.
The Eastern Orthodox Religion is too divided. You split up yourselves into too many ethnicity without demanding conformity to the point that you haven't become a congruent part within the whole.
This is why nobody cares.
>>
>>76046848
Four churches burn down on a day that most burn candles and is one of their busiest days out of literally tens of thousands of churches in the world? Must've been turrurhists
>>
>>76046848
Remember when that same Serbian area started ww1?

of course you don't.
>>
>>76046848
Wait what, there was an attack on Orthodox on pascha?
>>
>>76047636
You dumbass, they're all in communion with eachother. They're not like protestants
>>
>>76047781
I'd argue that it was more in retaliation to the Serb/Kosovo thing (religion vs religion idiocy), but you do make a valid point. If you wanted to add credence to it, you could look up the churches burned to the ground on Easter going back 10 years prior and go from there.
>>
>>76048742
At least in the Eastern Orthodox Belief, being in communion does not equal the same customs and practices across the board.

Fuck. I'd even argue that Catholicism is closer to Eastern Orthodoxy (as a whole) than it is to Protestantism.

The major bishops (Russian, Greek, etc) of the Easter Orthodoxy have been given too much credence into how to shape their own churches that I'd doubt that a Greek Orthodox Christian would be accepted into Russian Orthodox one. This has its benefits of developing tight nit communities, but it doesn't have the same international appeal that the Western Catholic Church has (especially prior to Vatican II)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.