[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on the American Civil War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 16
Title. At my workplace are a lot of morons claiming the American Civil War is what ended slavery and that the confederate flag is literal nazism and should not be allowed anywhere, even here in germany.

This can't be right, can it?!
>>
>>75914349
it ended slavery in the US
had nothing to do with other countries
>>
>>75914349
its really not considered like nazism in the states. The south seceded because of state's rights but that really translated to their right to maintain slavery within their borders.

But even now people fly confederate flags in the north too (I live in New Jersey). Its more of an historical thing from what I understand. Recent legislation made it illegal to fly them over state buildings in the south though.
>>
>>75914349
The American Civil had nothing to do with slavery, Lincoln just used that to prevent England from supporting the confederates, and he originally only ended slavery in confederacy, also, that"confederate" flag was never the flag of the confederatempire states
>>
>>75914349
also they call it the War of Northern Aggression in the south hahaha
>>
>>75915207
No we don't, shithead.
>>
>>75914349
SHERMAN DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHDfC-z9YaE

interview with a a confederate soldier famalam
>>
>>75915304
I go to school in NC and I've heard several people call it that. Mostly as a joke
>>
>>75914349
Civil war was a bankers war
>>
>>75915391
That's my state, hey! Where in North Carolina? Do you plan on staying after college? If you're not a brainwashed libcuck please do. We're so slowly losing Southern culture. Need good men.
>>
>>75915304
people do because the north didnt want us selling out main export cotton to europe and other countries the government declared we were only allowed to sell it to the north

we decided to tell them to fuck off they then said slavery wasnt legal anymore to hurt our economy and subvert us if they actually gave a fuck about blacks they would of never allowed jim crowe for so long

it was a unification war states rights died in the civil war and we became a unified country like the EU
>>
>>75914349
Yes the confederates are horrible people. They held black people in death camps, gassed them and tortured them. 6 million black people died at the hands of those monsters.
>>
I know slavery wasn't finish per se but it had to be ended because it wasn't compatibe with the industrial economy of the North. No humanitarian cause involved
>>
>>75915625
>losing Southern culture
this is happening because of immense amounts of drugs being used here meth crack pain killers destroyed southern culture post 2000
>>
>>75915057
>its really not considered like nazism in the states

it is by white guilt cuckolds
>>
>>75914349

The "Civil War wasn't about slavery" meme is just something /pol/ picked up on because the only way that an epistemic community could possibly come to a cohesive conclusion on an issue is if the kikes were behind it.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 659x373) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 659x373
>>
>>75914349
tl;dr Lincoln decided that he wanted to set us up to be buttfucked by the federal government for all eternity and destroyed the white man over farm equipment.
>>
>>75916178
I believe you. Do you have sources I could show around?
>>
>>75915057

>confederate flag
>New Jersey

....why?

t. Texas.
>>
http://www.voltairenet.org/article169488.html

U.S. Civil War: The US-Russian Alliance that Saved the Union

>Turning to the conflict of 1861-65, Thomas points out that “in the first two years of the war, when its outcome was still highly uncertain, the attitude of Russia was a potent factor in preventing Great Britain and France from adopting a policy of aggressive intervention.” (Thomas 129) He shows that the proposed British-French interference promoted by Lord Russell, the Foreign Secretary, in October 1862 was “deterred at this time mainly” by the Russian attitude, and cites Russell’s note to Palmerston concluding that Britain “ought not to move at present without Russia.” [5] (Thomas 132)
>>
>>75916339
Sources? It's all pretty self evident. Without the right to secession the states have no recourse over the power of the feds. This will lead to federal legislation reaching all facets of life and expanding without limits. The war also had the consequence of recognizing blacks as "people" and starting the multicultural society drivel that would be later used by marxists to guilt whites.

>>75916440
It's just a way to say "I'm not a white cuck" at this point.
>>
>>75914349
>calling the CSA Literal Nazism
>Germany
They're probably in the "takes one to know one" Mindset
>>
File: abomination.jpg (272 KB, 2440x1424) Image search: [Google]
abomination.jpg
272 KB, 2440x1424
>>75914349
The American Civil war was a purely economic war that was later justified via the abolition of slavery. Basically the South was butthurt about the North's constant refusal to support their backwards agrarian economies via trade policies while the North was equally butt-frustrated by the South's attempts at forcing their way of life on the rest of the country. Both sides hated niggers.
>>
File: clinton-gore-confederate-1992.jpg (28 KB, 635x422) Image search: [Google]
clinton-gore-confederate-1992.jpg
28 KB, 635x422
Slavery was not ended by the War of Northern Aggression, nor did Lincoln end slavery himself. He did not free the slaves of the north, just the south - where he had no power to do so and they werent freed until the wars end.

Lincoln needed a moral highground to launch his immoral subjugation of sovereign states. This would be akin to citing refugee safety as the reason for Germany to invade England over leaving the EU.

Free states decided to leave an union, and were brought by force back into it.

On top of economic strangulation of the south via the north, Lincoln's rampant abuses of the constitution proved that the south was correct in forming a union that would better represent themselves.

The war was about control and about money. Slavery was just a tool towards those means, but not the cause.
>>
The confederate flag is being used as a symbol over state's rights. The civil war was fought over slavery, but it was the state's right to have slaves.
>>
File: judah_p_benjamin.png (77 KB, 1406x391) Image search: [Google]
judah_p_benjamin.png
77 KB, 1406x391
>>75916906

I find amazing that people here can praise the CSA when it was controlled by Jews.
>>
>>75916906
The South didn't give a shit about the constitution or states rights. They were just mad that the North refused to destroy their own economies just to help plantation owning faggots make more money.
>>
File: 2000px-SC-SovFlag.svg.png (124 KB, 2000x1192) Image search: [Google]
2000px-SC-SovFlag.svg.png
124 KB, 2000x1192
>>75917366
>jews behind an economic war that fucks over the common man

Really nothing different now than back in the 1800s. Hell, a jew is responsible for the "confederate" flag being the design it is.

The kikes had the slaves, the vast majority of whites in the south did not.

We got played like good goy but the south wasnt wrong.
>>
>>75917366

Salomon de Rothschild Tours America (1861)

http://www.jewish-history.com/salomon/salo04.html

>In a few days I became acquainted with the most distinguished people of the country, some of whom I had already seen in New York: [Judah P.] Benjamin...[M.S.] Latham, one of the senators from California, very young and destined to become the first man of his country; President Buchanan, the Cabinet members, and all the candidates for the presidency: there are fifty-three of them.
>>
>>75917517
>sell the north your goods for cheap and only us
>continue buying the finished product we make out of it from us at a greater expense
>>
>>75914349
I'm pretty sure e kukloxklan means circle clan in Hebrew.
>>
>>75914349
History is being rewritten.
>>
In a sense it is like Nazism here in the states, in that it's massively misrepresented and demonized in contemporary schooling, along with symbols of it being periodically banned.
>>
File: gesta.jpg (374 KB, 744x917) Image search: [Google]
gesta.jpg
374 KB, 744x917
Both sides were good and were not anti White, at all. Start with this amazing resource, friendo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COObyW3xoPc
>>
>>75916178
Didn't Lincoln try to end the banks before he got shot? Like the greenback or whatever it's called? Something about silver standard?

I'm not that familiar with it, but I recall southern slavers executed their right to secede because the north kept taxing their cotton and taking money from the south which was more economically good and wasn't jewed.
>>
>>75918427
>>75918427
this amazing video is not just songs, it gives an amazing review of the war itself, without praising or attacking either side

zero bias
>>
>>75918427
Thanks, man.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>75914349
Read these
>>
>>75914562
Emancipation Proclamation only made slavery illegal in states that separated from the Union. So basically a PR stunt.
>>
>>75918430
>In his First Inaugural Address, Lincoln made a point to discuss the role of Capital and Labor. Significant national issues were, at that time, in the first official speech, immediately after a Presidential Election.
Lincoln spoke on finances and government: "In his First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861, Abraham Lincoln stated: "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed, if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. Capital has its rights, which are as worthy of protection as any other rights."
President Lincoln needed money to finance the Civil War, and the international bankers offered him loans at 24-36% interest. Lincoln balked at their demands because he didn't want to plunge the nation into such a huge debt. Lincoln approached Congress about passing a law to authorize the printing of U.S. Treasury Notes. Lincoln said "We gave the people of this Republic the greatest blessing they ever had - their own paper money to pay their debts..." Lincoln printed over 400 million "Greenbacks" (debt and interest-free) and paid the soldiers, U.S. government employees, and bought war supplies. The international bankers didn't like it and wanted Lincoln to borrow the money from them, so that the American people would owe tremendous interest on the loan. Lincoln's solution made this seem ridiculous. Shortly after Lincoln's death, the government revoked the Greenback law which ended Lincoln's debt-free, interest-free money. A new national banking act was enacted and all currency became interest-bearing, debt instruments, again.

Most of our presidents knew that ((((bankers)))) were trying to subvert our government and rightly told them to fuck off. Jackson being chief among them; bluepills will tell you that he crashed the economy when he really told the kikes to fuck off, putting freedom over ecocomic booms.
>>
>>75918639
no problem brother,

Remember, American history is ultimately part of the same European story that British and German history is.

Lots of German Americans fought on both sides of the civil war, many who still spoke German, actually.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_German
>>
>>75919118
are part of*
>>
>>75919103
It all changed after wilson who basically sold us out and turned us into the jew empire full of brown people and degeneracy you see today.
>>
TRUTH: The Democrat party was pro-slave and fought the newly formed Republican Federal forces. Democrats fought under the Confederate battle-flag.
Fast forward-Democrats and their SJW's virtually abolish the rebel flag in attempt to erase their part in pro-slavery. Conservatives stupidly defend the stars and bars.
>>
>>75919194
Dude, Wilson didn't change the immigration laws in favor of nonwhites at all. Wilson sucked for poking American dicks into WW1, but he wasn't anti White, at all.
>>
>>75919194
The Federal Reserve is probably the most boring yet scandalous institution in this country. The more you think about it the more disgusting it is.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>75918686
But just a heads up, it is This kind of read
>>
>>75919354
Who cares.

TODAY is what matters. Jewish and nonWhite democrats today have fucking nothing to do with the old "racist" democrats. That argument is fucking stupid.

The stars and stripes are also fucking hated by the left because they represent White America to them. Same reason Mexicans carry Mexican flags when they protest. Duh.
>>
>>75915057
Why would you fly a confederate flag if you are from New Jersey you poser Yankee fuck
>>
>>75919372
>sets up the central banks that within 10 years cause the great depression
>not anti white
>>
File: 1451797263896.jpg (110 KB, 850x463) Image search: [Google]
1451797263896.jpg
110 KB, 850x463
>>75919372
He relented to the jew controlled media that got us into WW1 in the first place. He signeed into law the federal reserve act which transferred huge amounts of power into the hands of (((bankers))) and was an early proponent of globalization with his league of nations crap. He was the beginning of the anti-white agenda.
>>
>>75919601
It's fucking stupid and wrong, it's not anti White. He was "racist" just like we are. He didn't believe in racial equality.
>>
>>75914349

Slavery was not the predominant factor despite what history books and ducks will tell you. It was about state's rights and not the ending of slavery, rather the argument against its growth into new territories. However, if that was to happen and slavery would be outlawed in the expansion of America, the southern states that do have slaves would continue to be even further marginalized, as it was the agricultural epicenter but the north had the infrastructure, ports, and factories.

However, with the Union winning the war, the victor dictates history and even to this day people spin a tale about freeing the slaves, whereas back in the day it was for the north about the preservation of a country and the south was about the preservation of their way of life without the infringement of a government that they feel does not listen to them, much akin to the American Revolution fighting the British.
>>
>>75914349

THE SOUTH WAS RIGHT

We were a republic of sovereign states, and the north had no right to kill us to keep us in.
>>
All CSA apologists in this thread, please read the cornerstone speech and the states' declarations of secession. Even the south admitted it was about slavery lol
>>
>>75919648
He probably thought he was just doing what Britain did, the mother country, which he loved.

He didn't think it was dangerous or anti White. He was a fucking idiot.

The motherfucker literally thought he was some kind of a messiah sent by God to save the world.

He was a religious maniac.
>>
>>75919711
>much akin to the American Revolution fighting the British.
this this this its very ironic
>>
>>75919793
Just because he was a tool for the kike doesn't mean he wasn't the beginning, the stepping stones of our current situation started with him. He broke the Monroe doctrine and forever changed the way America interacted with the world.
>>
>>75914349
Slavery as an institution needed to be destroyed.

Slaver should never have even been a thing. The South has only itself to blame for the amount of black people living there.
>>
>>75915304

Yes, I do, yankee transplant faggot.
>>
File: meth use by state.gif (16 KB, 355x325) Image search: [Google]
meth use by state.gif
16 KB, 355x325
>>75915850

meth isn't a "southern drug."

also, only niggers do crack

try again, yankee faggot.
>>
>>75915540

All wars are banker's wars.

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 490x621) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 490x621
>>
>>75914349
Read the emancipation proclamation and check the year it was put forth. It only ended slavery in confederate controlled territories. Confederate states under Union control weren't covered. Ending slavery was nothing but a tactic to encourage slave rebellions. Had the north maintained tighter control over the south at the time, the slaves may never have been freed.
>>
>>75919591
Because not all northerners opposed southern secession you retard.
>>
>>75914349
democracy happen. ideologues captured the government and threatened the power of the South. Southern power wanted to retain slavery and knew it was losing its position nationally. Only way to retain power and sovereignty was to secede. Ol Abe didn't want to go down as the guy that destroyed the Union, so he proceeded to destroy the South. None of this matters to the men that actually fought the war. They did it for their home.
>>
>>75920319

>Workforce drug tests

Lol southern methheads don't work
>>
>>75920234
Dunno about other states, but in South Carolina it's the recent unpleasantness
>>
>>75920121
>1913 federal reserve becomes real and any opposition died on Titanic.
>1914 mafia financed Serbs start ww1 and every country in Europe became a slave to the war debt.

Pure coincidence.
>>
Robert E Lee opposed secession and opposed slavery, but he fought only to defend his homeland from invasion. Do not believe the lies.
>>
>>75919591

I'm from NJ as well and I also see the Confederate Flag on occasion. When I do, it is usually being flown from the back a lifted bro-dozer. I'm not entirely sure they fully grasp the cultural meaning behind the flag and just use it to be edgy. I have no problem with it personally, but again...NewJersey.

>Semantically speaking though, Cape May County does technically lie south of the Mason-Dixon

Love,
>>75919711
>>
>>75915083
>The American Civil had nothing to do with slavery
You're stupid , it wasn't completely about slavery but slavery did play a part of the confederation.
>>
>>75920319
im from georgia you idiot do you really not see the massive disaster on southern culture that has occurred as a result of all the pills and drugs?
>>
>>75918844
puerto rico was still part of spain desu senpai
>>
>>75915207
>also they call it the War of Northern Aggression in the south hahaha

That's essentially what it was.

The South wanted to secede peacefully. They weren't trying to overthrow the federal government. They just wanted to do their own thing.

Rather than let them leave like gentlemen - and honor their right of self-determination - the yankee scum chimped out and killed millions of people. Then they subjugated the South to their sadistic and downright evil whims during Reconstruction.

It was not a Civil War. It was the north violently asserting their will over the Patriots of the South.
>>
>>75919890
Yeah. Your revolution war was pretty much a civil war where you wanted slaves and no tax. The civil war was the same war but you got fucked over by your own government. Eternal Anglo strikes again! :^)
>>
>>75921225

>Millions
>600,000

Although to be fair, extrapolating numbers into today's population would bring that total up to 6,000,000. Now where have I heard that number thrown around before?
>>
>>75921320

You fucking cucks didn't help the South enough during the Civil War.
>>
>>75915844
That was for the North. The south would have gone that way as well eventually but it would have been years more and more than likely in an even more half assed method.
>>
the south should have freed the slaves first so lincoln couldn't make them into hypocrites. they didn't have any moral superiority to fuel the revolution and that really fucked them over
>>
>>75921027

slavery was dying anyway, they just used it as an excuse to fuck shit up since it was ending anyway, slavery was much less profitable than our current wage slavery system
>>
>>75921557
Eh, we were rooting for the north. You've been under our rule since you lost 1812. Andrew Jackson was the only one man enough to fight us.
>>
Why do people talk about all this war. Why are we still here. Why do we find joy in talking about such things. All it brings is pain and hurting memories, just to suffer. When I fought in the army, I ended up losing my left leg and my right arm in a serious firefight in Afghanistan. Every night I feel my leg, my arm, even my fingers as if they were still there. I think about the body I lost due to our inadequate ways in order to try to bring "peace." I think about the comrades I lost fighting for this country. The pain. it won't stop hurting. I can't suppress their memories. It's like their all still here. I can see their faces and their families that I've met and then I see the pain in their eyes. You feel it too, don't you? It doesn't stop here, our fight never ends. I'm going to make them give back our past.
>>
>>75916440
Although New Jersey fought with the Union, New Jersey still had slaves and many individuals sided with the Confederacy.
>>
>>75921767
We freed the slaves in 1812 and burnt down your government :)
>>
>>75920970

Pennsylvania here. There's atleast 3 flying in my town and 2 n the neighboring town. I've seen them on trucks my whole life but now more and more are flying them on their houses. One of them has an iron cross on it.
>>
>>75921938
CRAWWLINNG IN MY SKIN
>>
>>75922107

And then God sent a tornado to decimate your forces and rain to extinguish the fire. 100% truth.
>>
>>75922327
Then you painted it white to prove you surrendered.

You've been doing our work ever since and you can't even kill Vietnam you fucking retards!
>>
>>75921938

https://youtu.be/EzgGTTtR0kc
>>
>>75921088

your anecdotes are worthless, yankee transplant faggot.
>>
>>75922638

This is legit the worst banter I've seen from a Brit. You a foreigner?
>>
>>75922986

Take it easy on Nigel, it's like 3AM back in his jolly ol caliphate.
>>
>>75916440
>flying it in Texas
Why? You faggots were barely involved.
t. Georgia
>>
>>75920342
Atlanta needs to be burned again anyway
>>
>>75922986
White House is surrender house.
You killed the Spanish empire, French empire, German empire and the Soviet Union for us. I mean, thanks and all, but why did you stop paying us tax and give your money to the Jews instead? Seems stupid.
>>
>>75921928
>Andrew Jackson
and he was southern by the grace of god
>>
>>75920319
>Florida
>not category 5 red
Either bullshit or they have to all be unemployed or go untested.
>>
>>75922687
have you genuinely not seen the rates of pain killer abuse by county? southern culture is all but dead and drugs killed it
>>
>>75915304
SC reporting in. Older generations did, but I haven't heard it in a while.
>>
>>75920190

This, we should have shipped them back to Liberia like the Whigs wanted, but slavers had to be fucking bull headed.
>>
LOL yall are idiots. South wants slavery and more independence on the state level. North doesnt. South then breaks away, war is likely to happen. The capture of fort sumter by the confederates then triggers the war. North and south declare war. North wins and frees slaves. This war was about slavery
>>
>>75915850

Nah, it's happening because of all the yankees moving down to the Triangle for tech jobs.
>>
>>75924408
>civil war starts in 1861
>emancipation proclamation 1863
Sorry m8, not about slavery.
>>
>>75921225
secede peacefully? mustve forgot about the part where they bombed Sumter. And really?? "Let them leave like gentlemen" Lol "patriots of the south" Please get off the internet, Randy
>>
File: 1463651936395.jpg (83 KB, 605x532) Image search: [Google]
1463651936395.jpg
83 KB, 605x532
>>75914349
people in the south had slaves. this led to roads being built, rivers getting dams, crops being transfered, and in general, a wellness in infrastructure.
the north had little, if none of this in most parts.
accordingly, when the north started to demand outrageous taxes, the south said no, and this dispute led to the civil war.
slavery did not "cause" the civil war, lazy white people did.
also, this is best post.
>>
>>75924808
http://teachingamericanhistory.org/library/document/south-carolina-declaration-of-causes-of-secession/
You fucking FOOL. Straight from the fucking horses mouth. I will be rather impressed if you somehow perform the mental gymnastics to still claim im wrong
>>
>>75914349
Slaves counted as 3/5ths of a person for population purposes in the House of Reps. The southern states relied on slavery for their economy and their slaves for more power in Congress. They believed it was a states choice whether or not to allow slavery, but the federal government pretty much made it so every other state added would allow slavery. It was such a hot button issue that the southern states told the fed to fuck off and formed their own country.

The northern states were COMPLETELY OKAY WITH THIS. Many thought the south was too different from them anyway and were glad to see them go. It was Lincoln and a minority of northerners that wanted unity. So when the Confederates came to Fort Sumter and told the Union troops to get the fuck out, Lincoln told them to hold their ground. The CSA attacked the fort to protect their sovereignty and it outraged the North and Lincoln had all the justification to fight the south for unification.

It was only later when the war was turning in the Unions favor that he issued the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing all current slaves. He didn't do it because he wanted to necessarily free the slaves, while that was part of it, he mostly did it in order to rally the black slaves and freed blacks in the north to fight for the Union cause.
>>
>>75924989
They attacked Sumter because the Union troops refused to return to Union territory. Sumter was in Confederate territory and they were well within their rights to attack the fort once the Union refused to evacuate it. The South never wanted a war.
>>
>>75925057

>North had no roads or infrastructure
>What are New York, Philadelphia, & Boston
>Why do you think the North has such well established supply lines?
>>
>>75925205
also this
>>
>>75924808

the war was brewing decades before shots were fired dude
>>
File: 1415031439726.jpg (128 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1415031439726.jpg
128 KB, 700x700
>>75915323
>mfw sherman didn't burn down my town on his march to the sea because it was that much better than all the other towns

lol get fucked atlanta
>>
>>75925366
you didn't understand, the north NEEDED tax money to do these things, the south did NOT, that is the difference.
the south could not understand how the north NEEDED tax from them.
they were viewed as lazy greedy yankee bastards.
>also, great job of just green texting your argument, you must be super smart!
>>
>>75915700
Underrated post

/thread
>>
>>75925057
Uh no. The North won the war because they had more roads, railroads and industry than the South.
>>
File: 1456969396757.jpg (23 KB, 499x430) Image search: [Google]
1456969396757.jpg
23 KB, 499x430
>>75925902
see
>>75925684

i know the autism is strong on this website, please don't make me spell out the correlation or difference in years of development with cited sources, i can, but damn, you people are fucking stupid.
>>
>>75926203
It was more because the North demanded the South only export cotton to them and then also pay all of those taxes. Any money the Southern states made from exporting to the North was immediately lost in taxes. This is one of many reasons why the Southern states left.
>>
>>75925057
You are way off.

In short, the North had the better industry/better equipment, and the South had better generals and tacticians (see Stonewall and Lee).

The South actually won a bunch of the starting battles, but began to run out of materials to supply the their troops due to the lack of southern factories, and lost old Stonewall too. After this they began to run out of steam and eventually lost to the Union.
>>
File: 1455497817246.png (444 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
1455497817246.png
444 KB, 600x449
>>75926513
this i agree on completely.
>>
>>75926726
see
>>75925684
>>75926203
i have never saged a thread more in my life
done replying also, going to sleep, we can argue tm.
>>
>>75925318
Fort sumter may well have been a goddamn hotel because of how little supplies and rations were available for them and was manned by just 84 MEN. The fort was under the process of evacuation and it was to be abandoned by the evening of the same day but the south cut it short. The fort posed ZERO threat to the confederacy and the bombing and capture of the fort was meant as a PR display, which of course went terribly wrong. Even the secretary of state for the confederates knew it was a terrible idea and spoke against it. Either way, the south was FAR from being "the good guys". So stop spewing that bull shit. Oh and my sources https://books.google.com/books?id=RDJxLEYVH0UC&pg=PA133&lpg=PA133&dq=robert+toombs+sumter&source=bl&ots=rDR7PDb4SK&sig=zM1E2O-095K2a1XT2i0hg9CI6U0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi3kInz6orNAhUW3WMKHcsiDqwQ6AEIRjAF#v=onepage&q=robert%20toombs%20sumter&f=false
>>
>>75926726
It was a bit more than that. The South had no desire to subjugate the Union. They could have won the war in the first battle by taking D.C but they refused to because they legitimately just wanted the North to stop fighting them. They fought a defensive war for most of the war, and were trying to get Britain or France to help them out. Neither would until the South won a major victory in the North, but at that point the Northern blockade was becoming a real thorn in the Southern side so they couldn't import in order to make up for their lack of industry. Every time they tried to push into the North to secure that foreign aid, they were beaten due to poor supply lines and some costly mistakes. Eventually the South could no longer afford to fight in the North and were slowly boxed in and beaten down.

If they had only been aggressive and focused on actually beating the North rather than trying to stall them out they would have won easily.
Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.