[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Quick question: Can you name all your 8 great grandparen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1190x657) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1190x657
>Quick question: Can you name all your 8 great grandparents? The vast majority of people can't, and it gets worse the more greats you add. So how could ancestry possibly matter? It's a romanticized idea, nothing more.

Cukkit: https://archive.is/3Jxp5
>>
>>75867176
I dont know their names, but i know what they did, and where they came from, and thats all that matters
>>
Their names aren't important, their blood is.
>>
>>75867752
Same
>>
>>75867176
William and Muhammad, Jenna and Walleska. William married Jenna, Muhammad married Walleska and I'm Puertorican
>>
>>75867176

I can't even name my grandparents.

I know my mothers father was Edward, but that's it.
>>
I can't because my family fled from east prussia and most documents are lost.
The most I know of my mother's mother's family.
>>
I can. I can also go back further than that.
>>
>>75867176
Sabino/Anna.
Thomas/Katherine.
Henry/Ellen.
Arthur/Isabelle.
>>
I knew 4 of the eight.
Makes me sad because the last one I know is starting to slip mentally.
>>
File: shield 1.gif (2 KB, 165x117) Image search: [Google]
shield 1.gif
2 KB, 165x117
>>75867176
>https://archive.is/3Jxp5
Yes, but I have my family genealogy book handed down by my great great grandfather Howard on my fathers side. The book goes back to the mid 1700's, however the first people whit my sir-name came to the New-Hampshire area in the mid 1600's.

My mothers side is stitched into a quilt that my great grandmother Evelyn made in the mid 1940's. That quilt has names of her family going back to the late 1700's as well.
>>
File: germany.gif (2 MB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
germany.gif
2 MB, 400x350
>To transcend the idea of nations (with borders, nationalism, flags etc) you need another construct that especially in Germany is very much there - regions. People identify as a Berliner, a Bavarian, a Swabian - and a European. Bavarian is whoever sits in a Beergarden, sips a Augustiner, loves Bayern Munich and enjoys live. - no matter his looks; mostly no matter his language.

>This most likely won't "work out" all over Europe - but to me it sounds like a logical next step.

>>Bavarian is whoever sits in a Beergarden, sips a Augustiner, loves Bayern Munich and enjoys live
>So a practicing muslim can never be a Bavarian in your opinion?

>I don't care if the Augustiner is non-alcoholic

These are your people Germany.
>>
Can't name one. Never met any. They all died before I was born. People used to smoke.
>>
I know that one of my great grandfathers founded a school, the other one was a semi famous musician who has his house of birth as a sight in a town near me. From my fathers side i dont know anything. Not posting names desu
>>
All my ancestors were british and canadian.

I can trace my family back to our clan and town in uk.

That's going back almost 500 years. My family name is famous among the anglos and we helped build usa, canada, and australia.

What did your family do?
>>
Mmm.... I can name just 3. I'm fucked.
>>
>>75867176
I can't name the parents of my maternal grandfather. But I know their parents were basque that move to Cantabria and they were cattle ranchers.
>>
File: _20160602_140102.jpg (353 KB, 1080x1686) Image search: [Google]
_20160602_140102.jpg
353 KB, 1080x1686
>>75868942
>le being a european is a little Hat you wear, thing you do, pigs born in stables are horses now goyim!

>you cant even name your ancestors goyim!!! What you have "no time" to praise and worship your ancestors?! I do!! Now go and toil, reap and sow for me goyim! While I eat like Effendi in my ever growing enclave!

Yeah SAGE, we're onto you
>>
>>75869428
But I know the surnames of all of them. Does that count?
>>
>>75869271
Sure you can pal.
>>
>>75867176
I couldn't. my dad could though he did a bunch of research on our family history a few years back
>>
>>75867176

Sure can. Maiden names too, and can go back further than that.

It's sad when you don't know your family history, since history in general becomes so much richer when put in this context.

>>75869003

All of them? God. I met them but don't remember them.
>>
>>75867176
is that Bubbles from the Wire?
>>
File: 1464380532739.jpg (43 KB, 640x625) Image search: [Google]
1464380532739.jpg
43 KB, 640x625
>>75867176
0.25 shekels have been added to your account
>>
>>75869548
>he can't trace his family back 500-600 years
>because most of them were raped and killed
>>
>>75868266
lol, why are you posting on /pol/

go finish building my deck PR
>>
>>75867176
I can name my 8 great grandparents. I can actually name the grandfather of my paternal grandmother. The dude was born under the first napoleon rule in 1810.

I also know the ancestry of my maternal grandfather since 1724.
>>
>>75867176
I know their intention was to create a viable future in which I, their descendant, could live comfortably. 'That's all I need to know to respect them.
>>
File: merkel is a fucking traitor.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
merkel is a fucking traitor.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>Typical german values are not: despising women, worshipping allah, not eating pork, thinking religions should prevail over the state, tribalism, inefficience, disregard of lateness and rudeness, and not speaking in german. Among others. Not to say that those things are inherently wrong, they simply are not what the average person thinks of germany.

>None of those are particularly german. Most of them are guranteed by law.
>>
>>75867176
Lyman + Hestia, Norman + Katie, Paul + Audrey, Jack + Tish.

Some of us know.
>>
My last name can be traced back to a clan that was established during the Thirty years war? I for get the war but it was when Britain invaded France.

My great grandfather set machine gun timing on planes in WW1
>>
>>75867176
Thomas, Kenneth, William, and John
I only know the men
>>
>>75867176
8 grandparents? wew, finbro, you gotta have a cuck in your family for decades. From my knowledge, a father have a two parents, just like mother. I assume you were talking about a grand grandparents.
>>
>>75867176
> My father is an orphan, so there dies that side of the family tree.
> My mother's father is also an orphan
> My mother's mother has a Jewish second surname, so I'd rather live in the ignorance.
>>
>>75870848
W-what?
>>
>>75867176
I can't name any of my great grandparents, but still ancestry matters if you care what you look like and majority of people do.
>>
>>75867176

nigger loving cuck.
>>
>>75867176
yes i can and i know exactly what they did and where they came from and when and how they died.
i can trace back my family history back to the 13th century mostly through church records. The oldest acestor of mine i know was a blacksmith born in 1255 called Mertein who adopted the surname i carry to this day in Bavaria.
>>
>>75867176
I know they were all white.
>>
I don't know their first names, but I know all of the last names, their ethnicity and their nationalities (all American).
>>
>>75867176
>mfw i can name you everyone back to the lat 17th century

yeah not everyone spits on the graves of theire ancestors you fined faggot
>>
>>75874646
Doesn't count when they're all siblings, Mehmet.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.