[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Muh Free Market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Free Market.png (260 KB, 1052x808) Image search: [Google]
Free Market.png
260 KB, 1052x808
How can libertarians have so much faith in the invisible hand of the free market if the general public are irrational and appeal to emotions?
>>
>>75840822
autism
>>
Lolbertarians and capicucks need to die already.
>>
File: 1463698338870.jpg (103 KB, 562x624) Image search: [Google]
1463698338870.jpg
103 KB, 562x624
>>75840943

Pretty much.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/07/20/being-libertarian-may-cause-au

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-fair-society/201108/what-s-the-matter-libertarianism

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2007/04/libertarianism-is-applied-autism.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/oct/16/all-about-libertarians-mystique-profile-increases/?page=all

http://www.debate.org/forums/Society/topic/13228/
>>
File: 1386467843515.png (2 MB, 3250x1700) Image search: [Google]
1386467843515.png
2 MB, 3250x1700
>>75841145

How can libertarians ever recover?
>>
>>75840822
Evidence
>>
>>75841226
>Study says libertarians have autism.
>No methodology shown other than straw-man prejudices.

Thats all the proof you need to validate your ideals? No wonder you're a statist.
>>
>>75840822
Is this an argument?
>>
>>75840822
>Free Market
no such thing when your being taxed to shit.
i try to send stuff overseas.. they tax the balls out of it
people overseas send me stuff no tax..
you call that a free market?.. fuck that shit.
>>
>>75840822
>not letting nature runs its course
>not letting the hand of kek guide us through RNG
>not understanding life is based fundementally on RNG
>not realizing the invisible hand is actually the hand of Kek
>>
>>75842918

Well, when you put it that way.

I'm a #Autistic4Freedumb now
>>
File: 1463188282214.jpg (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463188282214.jpg
205 KB, 1920x1080
>>75840943
First post correct post.

Libertarianism is just the religion of autism for millennials who live with mommy. The adults attracted to it tend to all be criminals who don't want to be rightfully judged by society.
>>
>>75843942
>tend to all be criminals who don't want to be rightfully judged by society.

Isn't the state the one that allows you to be a shitty non-productive member of society, hated by everyone around you, degenerate as fuck yet thrive because free stuff?

Do you think people who don't want to be judged by society would like a society where you literally have to expose yourself to your neighbors in order to get some sort of social security?

The state is the best tool of isolationists. Check any Bernie convention and tell me who the real autists mlp-furries support. People who literally want nothing but egoistically study meme degrees and you pay for them and people who want nothing but to stay at home jerking to cartoons while going to the doctor for free once winter comes.
>>
libertarianism relies on educated people to choose the (near)optimal choice in goods and services from all those available
it's the fundamental principle of free market competition

however, advertisement and branding completely skews the perception of available goods and services
advertisers are known to make shit up completely to sell their product and can only be stopped if such acts have legal consequences

it's the ultimate paradox for libertarians; the only way they can have a functionally free market is by having regulations on said market
>>
>>75845677
The only regulation you need is the NAP.

Name literally one case where just the NAP wouldn't be enough to keep companies in check.
>>
>>75845934
>the NAP

and how are you going to enforce this NAP?
what if some group of less economically fortunate guys decide they want your property and raid your shit?

Do you just run out and scream "NO WAIT GUYS YOU'RE NOT ACTING ACCORDING TO THE NAP"
>>
>>75846025
>and how are you going to enforce this NAP?

Easy, with a small and efficient government that only enforces the NAP and nothing else. I'm a libertarian not an anarchist.

5% of value added tax on products as a maximum enforced by constitution should be enough for a government to guarantee that the NAP is respected and contracts enforced.
>>
>>75846408
>Easy, with a small and efficient government that only enforces the NAP and nothing else

Entire libertarian ideology right here:
1) (Much) smaller government would be great
2) We've no idea how to achieve that
3) Never mind ...
>>
>>75846603
It's worse than that, of course, since so many libertarian policy options (*ahem* open borders) turbo-charge government growth.
>>
>>75846603
>We've no idea how to achieve that

But we do, we need to become the majority, this is what it all is about, you become the majority, and the government is adapted to what you want and changes the constitution accordingly.

>since so many libertarian policy options (*ahem* open borders) turbo-charge government growth.

Open borders? No such thing when everything is private property. The only border I would be allowed to open is my own door.
>>
>>75846824
>But we do, we need to become the majority,
See point 2.

>Open borders? No such thing when everything is private property
No such thing as borders except for your private property borders...
Pro tip: A nation is private property.
>>
>>75847065
>See point 2.

Same could be said for any ideology that is not social-democracy though. Majorities are achieved through battle of ideas and it's a battle any ideology but Keynesianism and social democracy are losing, in more or less degrees, everywhere in the world.

>Pro tip: A nation is private property.

Private property is, by definition, property of non-governmental entities. Most nations in this world are property of their governments.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.