[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Douglas MacArthur
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: douglas-macarthur6.jpg (273 KB, 727x475) Image search: [Google]
douglas-macarthur6.jpg
273 KB, 727x475
/Pol/ opinions on MacArthur? In my opinion Douglas MacArthur is easily one of the greatest heros of American history.
>>
white? male? not a cuck? hard working?
/pol/ approves.
>>
Fuck the japs
>>
>>75616114
Quite respect.
Did help save us from the Japs a little bit.
>>
>>75616114

>abandoned American nurses in the Philippines but managed to bring all of his furniture home by boat

>nurses were gang raped and then machinegunned

He was a piece of shit. He was so dirty that he couldn't even make it into US politics, and that is rare.
>>
>>75616114

All of his greatness was due to his mentorship from BASED "Black Jack" Pershing.
>>
>>75616634
EDGE
like you care about some nurses.

MacArthur is still admired all throughout Asia for his strength and wisdom.

In retrospect he was probably right. We should have nuked China when they invaded Korea.
>>
>>75616487
I've read that on the coast of North Australia there are a few MacArthur statues. I've also read an article by an Aussie historian that said that MacArthur wasn't the best tactical commander of ww2, but easily the best strategist. It also said that by the time of Inchon he had become not only a great strategist, but had become a wonderful tactician as well. I'm glad to know Aussies still hold him dear.
>>
>>75616764
this
>>
>>75616114
He wasn't a good general, he was just very good at lying to the public.
>>75616764
Pershing didn't mentor him, in fact Pershing despised him, thought he was a coward
>>
>>75616634
He was ordered by FDR to abandon his troops. MacArthur, while willing to publicly object to the president was a soldier through and through. A soldier obeys his commander and chief.
>>
>>75616764
MacArthur and Pershing despised each other.
>>
Bump doe
>>
>>75617015
>>75617212

Professional mentorship doesn't mean you have to like each other, I mean MacArthur did marry Pershing's ex-girlfriend.
>>
>>75617463
There really isn't evidence to suggest that MacArthur was the product of Pershing's teachings. MacArthur saw Pershing as a desk soldier, which he despised. If you look at MacArthur's tactics, they were not closely related to Pershings. Furthermore, MacArthur's understanding of geopolitical strategy is only comparable to Churchill. MacArthur certainly did not learn that from Pershing.
>>
>>75616114
Andrew Jackson,Pershing,MacArthur, and Patton

that's my list.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.