[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the left hate veterans? I had a ""friend""
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1453632552241.jpg (47 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1453632552241.jpg
47 KB, 720x576
Why does the left hate veterans? I had a ""friend"" a few weeks ago that told me she was disgusted by veterens. I don't get it. My great grandpa fought in WW11. A friend of mine fought in Korea. And my grandpa fought in Vietnam. Why the fuck do they hate them. They were all drafted so its not like they had a fucking choice.. Hell none of them saw any serious combat that i know of.

Korea guy was in Navy

WW11 was a master-seargent. Was in France bout 2 weeks after D-Day. Clean-up duty.

Vietnam was a base slave. The worst he saw was them dropping napalm when the Viet-Cong tried to attack the base a bunch of times. He said it fucked him up.

So why the fuck do they hate veterens
>>
>>75606602

Hippie peaceniks that are brainwashed to think "love not war" is right, to hate their countries and its achievements, and to detach themselves from their family.

Commie bastards basically.

Should all be shot.
>>
>>75606602
>my grandpa fought in Vietnam.
Hoe fucking young are you?
>>
>>75606798
You suck at math.
>>
>>75606602
Because they're communists who have lived their entire lives shielded from the reality of war. When the US finally gets invaded, and the bullets are flying in the streets of their cities, they'll wish they weren't a total bunch of faggots that can't defend themselves.
>>
>>75606602

>World War Eleven

Some Terminator-level time travel going down in this thread.
>>
I'm a leftist that doesn't hate veterans. That doesn't mean I agree with every war or intervention perpetrated by the West.

To answer your broad dumb question with a broad dumb answer: wars are bad, soldiers fight wars, veterans were soldiers. Dumb people might boil their thought processes down this poorly. This is not unique to the left.
>>
>>75606602
>The worst he saw was them dropping napalm when the Viet-Cong tried to attack the base a bunch of times
>He said it fucked him up.
He wasn't even out in the shit? Did he even kill anybody? My dad was infantry, out on ambush every day. He shot a kid in the back. He lost men. That will fuck you up.
>>
>>75607132
Bullshit I know your dad he was an aircraft mechanic pog who lived in an air conditioned tent
>>
>>75606602
because they hate america
>>
File: xR4Q4.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
xR4Q4.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>WW11
>>
>WW 11

Anyway, it can be argued that the military hasn't exactly fought for freedom in the last couple of generations. But the vets are nowhere near the ones to blame. It's like hating your mailman because your order hasn't shipped. I think the people who have disdain for vets have the mental capacity of a platypus.

If you hate wars, the destabilization of middle eastern countries by America, etc, write your congressman, make petitions, get your opinion heard, but leave the vets alone.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.