[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
British vidya game designer gets death threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 12
File: no-mans-sky.jpg (85 KB, 1000x545) Image search: [Google]
no-mans-sky.jpg
85 KB, 1000x545
after postponing launch date of "No man's land" by 2 months.

What is wrong with society? Are people truly degenerate that they believe killing the lead programmer of a game will change that it is delayed by 2 months?
>>
>>75580736
why so pissed over a postponement
are people just that impatient now?
>>
>>75580736
im going to kill everyone in this thread
>>
>>75580736
The game will be shit anyway.

>woah dude you get to explore the Universe and stuff!

Not like you can't do that in SpaceEngine for free.
>>
>>75580736
>Deah threats over the internet
>Taken seriously

This mate is just trying to make his audience pity him, so that they'll forget he fucked up with the game release.

Nobody gives a shit about the damn death threats anymore, that's a common occurence as soon as you get a tiny bit of fame.
>>
File: header.jpg (42 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42 KB, 460x215
>>75580968
Apparently some people bought a Playstation 4 just to pre-order and play this particular game. They were pissed.
>>
>>75581092
k
>>
>>75581152
>people spent over $300 just to play a vidya
top kek
>>
>>75580736
>death threads
Something like "kill yourself"?
>>
>>75580736
this game is going to be very boring
>>
>>75581099
>Not like you can't do that in SpaceEngine for free.
I don't think you get unique world generated for you which you can explore...
>>
>>75580968
Smartphone generation has no attention span or patience. That said, it'd be funny if the game sucked and was bugged to shit when when it finally comes out.
>>
>>75580736
Germany. I don't like your attitude.
>>
>>75581290
>this game is going to be very boring
Yes. But they ask 60 bucks to pre-order No Man's Sky. If they get 5 million people pre-ordering this shit, they will be fucking rich, even if the game is fucking boring.
>>
>>75581297
i was actually looking foward to play this game in a few years when the price dropped
>>
>>75581293
>unique world generated for you
literal infinite copy-paste of game assets, this game is way overblown by sony, the developer never even wanted this much hype in the first place, a lot of people are going to be dissapointed because it isn't what it actually is

mind you, their only other game they've made is Joe Danger
>>
>>75581744
It is all about the hype. If they get a few million pre-orders, they are filthy rich. If they sell 10 million copies of this shit, they will be retiring with 5 hookers on each arm.
>>
>>75580968
because they're addicted to the internet which kills patience as a virtue for society
>>
>>75581490
Actually, they'll get the money even if they don't make a game. NEVER pay for a product before you get it you fucking dweebs.
>>
>>75581293
>I don't think you get unique world generated for you which you can explore...

There are literally trillions upon trillions of planets to explore.
>>
>>75580968

The game was originally slated to be released sometime around Christmas 2015 then they pushed it to June 21st. Now Aug 9th. They want to keep polishing it but the way games are going, modders will crack it the second it's released and make it look and play 10 times better anyway.
>>
>>75582325
Which are literally fucking recolors of eachother.
>>
>>75580736
> From the sarkasian PR book
Someone from v wrote to him "kill youself, faggot", and he is interpreting it as deaththreat
>>
>>75582532
You're thinking of No Man's Sky bud. Pretty hard to find two planets in Space Engine that look exactly the same.
>>
>>75580736
>Death threats over a game nobody cares about
Seems legit
>>
Just Cause 3 bugfest was the final nail in the coffin for me. Not pre-ordering any game again.
>>
>>75581109
This.

Everything that happens on the internet shouldn't be taken too seriously.

In my country the """"""news"""""" is hyping over racism for days now, only becasue a few people posted some racist comments on Facebook.
I refuse to take part in that ride.
>>
>>75582440
>They want to keep polishing it but the way games are going, modders will crack it the second it's released and make it look and play 10 times better anyway.
It requires a central database to play and a constant internet connection to that. Moders won't be able to replicate this - considering the worlds require a fucking entry from the db.
>>
>>75582440
Given how much of a complicated project it is, it's better that they're delaying it to get it right than pushing out unplayable buggy shit.
>>
>>75580736
To really understand the pathos that could lead to such death threats. You would be better off asking /r9k/
>>
>>75580736
This game is going to be a huge flop, screenshot this.
>>
Depression Quest again?
>>
>>75580968
>are people just that impatient now?

Yes they are. People dont even play games for fun anymore , they play games either to complete said game or to get their virtual rewards so they can brag about it.

Take a trip to the Elite Dangerous subreddit. Pretty much everyone complains about how the game doesnt give you enough rewards , Many people think that not having the best ship available after 300 hours of gameplay is ridiculous and that the only point of the game is to get to bigger ships.

Ive been playing for over 1000 hours and Im still having fun. This new generation of gamers , who were born with fast internet , lacks patience , and seemingly cannot have fun doing something unless they get something else in return.
>>
>>75584202
Nah, some fags are just angry because they are overhyped for shitty game.
>You can EXPLORE INFINITE UNIVERSE
>made of copypasted bullshit
>no pvp, no trading, no building glorious human empire and fighting xenos
Count me out
>>
>>75580736
The vast majority of so-called "death threats" are retards on the internet saying either
>kill urself faggot
or
>im gonna kill u u faggot

and not to be taken seriously.

However, because journalists are soft-skinned retards and/or desperate to spin anything into a scandal, it will be reported on as a terrible societal tragedy.
>>
Anyone with a computer science background can tell you that a game like this isn't computationally possible.

Niggers will ruin the Earth long before we get to Space.
>>
File: Depression_Quest_screenshot.jpg (86 KB, 600x273) Image search: [Google]
Depression_Quest_screenshot.jpg
86 KB, 600x273
>>75584202
>Depression Quest again?
Holy shit, Depression Quest exists!
>>
>>75584289
>vidya gaymer
>reddit
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 250x167
>>75581092
SOMEONE CALL SOME JOURNALISTS, WE HAVE BEEN THREATENED!
>>
File: niggerwhat.jpg (68 KB, 526x300) Image search: [Google]
niggerwhat.jpg
68 KB, 526x300
>>75584373
>Anyone with a computer science background can tell you that a game like this isn't computationally possible

what is seeded procedural generation ?

>>75584444
those quads tho. Just go read steam reviews then , the plebbit is a little better since some original players back from Elite and Elite 2 are still there arguing about how new players are faggot , but they probably all got banned and only post on the official forums.
>>
>>75581152

>bought a Playstation 4

top kek
>>
>>75584402
6: Play something else
>>
>>75584906
It cannot be called video game because it is a fucking powerpoint presentation. No gameplay due to no challenge. At all.
>>
File: dep.jpg (20 KB, 654x185) Image search: [Google]
dep.jpg
20 KB, 654x185
>>75584402
>>
>>75584723
>what is seeded procedural generation ?
You know Google exists right. Asking people for definitions as proof of knowledge doesn't work across the internet you fucking autist.
>>
>>75585245
Im not asking you for a definition you fucking sperg. If you dont even know how "infinite" worlds even work in games , how can you come up and claim a game like this is impossible ?

If you would at least explain to me why you think its impossible , I would tell you why it actually is possible.
>>
>>75580736
>Crying about death threats
>On pol
Wat
>>
>>75585530
Ok then
Those infinite worlds would either be barren as fuck, or game will weigh a shitton of terrabytes only due to shitton of prefabricated models
>>
>>75585875
God you're dumb as rocks
>>
>>75580736
WTF NO

FUCK THAT FAGGOT REEEEEEEE
>>
>>75585875
If they can do it right itll be a mix of both. I think theyre going for prefab parts that can be edited to some extent then assembled into creatures , buildings , plants , etc.

Planets can be entirely random, nothing to worry about there.

Still , youre right. Im expecting people to start finding relatively similar looking shit quite fast.
>>
every developer uses the "I'm getting death threats" excuse. They never post any proof that goes beyond one guy saying "I'd beat your ass if I saw you" or some mild shit like that and just claim that their lives are threatened.
>>
>>75581297

It is guaranteed to be shit. 2016's Spore.
>>
>>75580736
Can you build stuff on the planets and establish factions with other players? I am picturing an open world Minecraft/Ark/Spore type of deal
>>
>>75586088
And you are black as shoepaste. Fuck off

>>75586180
They must go for prefab parts because fully randomized creatures/plants/whatever would look atrocious to human.
About planets being entirely random: that cannot work either, because randomness must be somehow limited, or it will induce errors/bugs/crashes
I expect 2 hour of fun tops, extended to 4 hours with "yellow planet colour DLC" for 2,49$
>>
>>75580736
I don't know if it's the same guy who does all their press work but if so, it's a total shame. He seems like a nice down to earth guy 2bh
>>
>>75580736
>how dare you delay the thing I am looking forward to to give me a finished product!
>I'm going to kill you for not releasing a half finished piece of shit!!
People who identify themselves as "gamers" are retarded entitled cunts.

If they release it on time but rushed and unfinished everyone complains. If they take pride in their work and make sure they are happy with the project before they release everyone bitches about delays.

Fucking morons.

That said there has never been a death threat made by one of these gamer man children that has ever come into fruition so who really gives a fuck what some loser said. It's pretty obvious it's some socially retarded faggots way of complimenting the guy anyway.

What he's really saying is
>I really want the product you are making and I can't wait to play it.
>>
>>75586310
No one actually cares about internet death threats. Its free advertising.
>>
>>75583007
SE is cool, but only exploring dead terrain gets boring fast.
>>
>>75586460

They said it's very unlikely that you'll ever meet other players.
>>
>>75586558
Ive been playing around with terrain generation and "natural" fully random results can be quite impressive , but you dont get earth like features out of a function thats supposed to generate height maps.

But you dont need prefabs for terrain, but you will need some more functions to tell the terrain how to create craters , canyons , mountain erosion , rivers.

Still , it probably will get boring after a couple hours.
>>
>>75581297
no it was bad even before smart phones
>>
>>75580736
Honestly if the lead programmer of Spore 2 were to die nothing of value would be lost.
>>
>>75580968
This game has been getting delayed for years now since the kickstarter finished. I think this will be the 5th delay thus farx
though be it the shortest one. Of course people are pissed
>>
>>75587071
If you remember the internet being slow and boring its probably not as bad as someone who spawned with a cellphone in both hands.
>>
>>75587171
>Spore 2
Let's be fair now, EA management isn't here to rape this one.
>>
>complaining about 2 months

fuck those people, i've been waiting for gabe newell to make HL3 for over 10 fucking years.
>>
>>75586953
If factions and building are enabled people will gravitate and build factions towns/cities and fight their rivals and shit. Maybe have building rights based on claimed land by leader(s) of factions, turrets that fire on non members, zones you cant fly in your spaceship while in the planet, walls etc. The lone wolves can do their own thing but the possibilities are endless
>>
i can tell you what happened nerds and geeks left the industry and what you are left with are people who dont get the fandoms or the internet

credible death threats always get reported to the police who will tell you to shut the fuck up about it in all cases

what these people are doing is pulling the sensationalism card to market their game and to further shit on the remainder of what used to be legit gamers so that they can finish what SJW started and transform the industry into their marxist propaganda center
>>
>>75586904
for older people maybe, for kids shit like this is amazing because they just immerse themselves and don't think of all the mechanics and technology behind it (which ruins the fun because you know everything is just based on set algorithms etc.)
>>
>>75580736
I agree op. NMS looks to be a badass work of art. if they need a coupke mos to get it right they should take it.

Soon as it was unveiled and the premise and art design were revealed, i was all like "shut up and take my money!"

Sure im a little disappointed but to threaten lives over a vidya delay is manchild bullshit.
>>
I wonder what will happen when people figure out it isn't a multiplayer game?
>>
>>75580736
tfw been waiting literally 10 years for half life 3
kill me
>>
>>75581092

as long as you kill my penis first.
>>
>>75586904
>dead terrain

The worlds and planets are more unique than NMS, I don't know what else you could possibly want. Space Engine is only at like 40k in donations.
>>
>>75587395
You assume there will be building, trading, or PVP, but for all we know, there is only exploration
Check Rust - people build their factions and fight rivals and shit, and somehow game is not a huge success

>>75587584
I waited long for Diablo 3
I was not satisfied
This is the curse of vidya, 3rd game is always the worst (with exception of HoMM3)
>>
>>75581235

This.

Someone probably wrote a "kys" or "die" to him on twitter and now he's whining to the media for free advertisement.
>>
File: 1430854622048.jpg (488 KB, 2551x2576) Image search: [Google]
1430854622048.jpg
488 KB, 2551x2576
>>75587856

homm3 was legendary, I loved it so much
>>
>>75587584

>tfw literally memeing hard word buzzing like a space nigga REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>75587518
I wish nms was more random. Turn that shit into rick and morty. Sean the lead designer on nms said he found bugs where buildings got legs and was walking around. don't remove it. Make it fucking crazy.
>>
>>75587582
kek this is what I wonder.

>unlikely to meet another player

This probably means that the entire world is generated on your computer , so no shared planet exploration , no exploring your buddy's base , nothing relating to sharing your experience.

Why are people so fucking hyped about this particular game ? Elite Dangerous does pretty much all of the things this game claims you can do , except you can already play and its not just about exploring lifeless height maps.

Its about boosting into your buddy with a shitty ship so he explodes. Or taking your noob friend into a hazardous resource extraction site and give him a ton of gold , then laughing as every pirate turns around while enabling their weapons.

You can still do exploration , but the game doesn't force its narrative on you. Unless you wanted to become the hero that will save the universe , you should give it a go.
>>
>>75581092
Ill kill you first boi
>>
>>75588107
you ok, bro?
>>
>>75584351
Do you not understand what procedural generation is? Far from copypaste.
>>
>>75586643
There was this one guy who travelled across the country just to real life stab some dude who knife-killed him in Counter Strike, though.
>>
>>75582296
Amazon doesn't charge until it ships. I'm assuming most online retailers are the same.
>>
>>75587856
I only heard of it now so i don't assume i'm saying i think these things would help the game. Rust seems cool but limited compared to what this could potentially achieve. Planets with rare resources, large scale trading with with other factions cargo ships, just a world as it reality could be but with enhanced odds of fun elements
>>
>>75585875
Again, procedural generation.....look it up.

No models are stored, only the maths needed to generate them based on the variables of a given starsystem/planet.

The game engine does everything, little stored data is actually needed.
>>
>>75580736
>after postponing launch date of "No man's land" by 2 months.
Keep in mind that there have been many reported cases of indie game "developers" who accept pre-order money to fund development, and then never develop their game. kickstarter (aka "scamstarter" "kikestarter" etc) is notorious for this and paetron is also victim to this.

as well, its just bad business practice to set a release date and then constantly delay delay delay. remember Duke Nukem "in development hell" Forever

and, of course, there's always the "pussy can't handle the internet bants" saying you'll kill someone is practically a way to end a sentence.
>>
>>75588411
This kind of motivation is rare on the internet , especially nowadays.
>>
>>75587856
Pvp is shit for games like this because its too easily fucked up by trolls and general fuckery, im glad it will be an sp expirience.
>>
File: Noctis_Screenshot.png (50 KB, 916x200) Image search: [Google]
Noctis_Screenshot.png
50 KB, 916x200
Ya'll niggers never played Noctis before?
>>
>>75588175
I like games like this just because I enjoy the roaming and freedom. Never mind the quest lines and stuff. I understand a lot of people don't enjoy simulator type games, but it's really just a matter of taste.

I don't like sports games or fightan games, but RPGs, RTS, 4X, and FPS are right up my alley. I don't go complaining about how fighting games are the same shit over and over because of the monotony of the metagame or anything. Some people just want comfy exploration games where they can get immersed. It's all down to taste.
>inb4 shit taste.
>>
File: 1464643955610.jpg (408 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1464643955610.jpg
408 KB, 1280x1280
>>75584289
>Defending Elite: Dangerous
>Defending the absolute fucking blunder that is 2.1

back to the forums with you dad
>>
>>75590777
>defending

is it possible that I actually enjoy the game you hipster fuck ? Also the problem with 2.1 is bugged weapon , other than that the update is pretty great.

>inb4 hurr durr back to frontier forums if I dont like the game it means its bad
>>
>>75591854
sorry pops, but 2.1 is objectively bad and even Reddit is getting sick of Brabens shit

/edg/ called this shit like months before the update released and lo and behold they were proven right.

feel free to go back to your echo chamber of a forum and continue with circle jerking with your baby boomer friends about how "this update is PERFECT! everything is just fine :^)"

fly safe cmdr o7
>>
>>75592239
>even Reddit is getting sick of Brabens shit

Precisely why I love him. He doesnt seem to give a fuck what you niggers want and I wish he would stick to his original plan as much as possible without listening to you faggots.

Are you one of those players who rushed their way to the anaconda just because you cant have fun without getting rewarded ?

Nigger I've played this game for over a thousand hours and Im not bored yet. Anyway , I know youll just go back to your safe space of a subreddit and continue hating the game that isnt everything you personally hoped it would be.
>>
>>75590777
>>75591854
>>75592239

I thought Elite was that ancient ass game about space trading?
>>
>>75592723
It is, they just made a new version. Dont listen to the haters , its fun as hell if you arent the kind of player that plays a game to finish it.
>>
>>75592723
it is, and its in a really bad spot now.
if you played you would understand

>>75592714
>Precisely why I love him. He doesnt seem to give a fuck what you niggers want and I wish he would stick to his original plan as much as possible without listening to you faggots.

Which is precisely why this game is doomed to fucking fail, because any kind of constructive criticisms get literally drowned out and buried by YOUR cancerous fucking demograph, who apparently wouldn't know what "Fun" is even if it cock slapped you in the face.

iIcould list many different examples of how this update is broken and flawed, but /pol/ is not the place for this discussion.

If you honestly find this game fun in some weird way, thats fine. just don't be surprised when the player count NOSEDIVES yet again in a couple of weeks.
>>
>>75593039
>>75593312
Oh I see its an MMO now...

...why?
>>
File: GRINDGRINDGRIND.png (70 KB, 421x643) Image search: [Google]
GRINDGRINDGRIND.png
70 KB, 421x643
>>75593312
>any kind of constructive criticisms get literally drowned out and buried by YOUR cancerous fucking demograph

Literally the only fucking criticism this game gets that hasnt been adressed by devs is

> GRIND ( 1 out of 155 )

And the game is only a grind if you fucking make it. I dont give a fuck if the player count drops , maybe itll rid us of you annoying ass faggots.

>>75593465
Its not an mmo. You can go single player with NPCs , playing in open mode only adds human players , there is not much MMO element to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLzW0dl87JY
>>
>>75593780
>Le the game is only a grind if you fucking make it meme

The only sense of progression this game has right now is to GRIND for the ship you want. I know your perfectly fucking content flying around in your end game cobra/asp, but most players are not content to fly around doing the same grindy jack shit for shit pay.

please just fuck off back to the forums where you belong.
>>
>>75593039
>tfw Dayz still hasn't brought in modding support or base building so the only thing to do is be an autist or play it like CoD
I just want to maintain a base in some far corner of the map for a squad of people dammit. In my mind you need walls for any kind of base building.
>>
>>75594177
>The only sense of progression this game has right now is to GRIND for the ship you want

There you have it folks. This game really is only a grind if you make it.

I dont play games for the rewards. I get a great sense of progression out of the game just by looking at my stats , or stumbling back a planet I first discovered by accident.

Why the hell do you need to feel like you're progressing ? Arent you having fun just shooting things with your spaceship ?

If the answer is no , you will never have fun playing elite dangerous, the game will feel like a grind all the way until you uninstall the game and go play fucking cookie clicker , because at least itll feel like youre progressing.
>>
>>75580736
The creator doesn't even care
Why the fuck do you?

Kill yourself

Now go make a thread about your newest threat
Enjoy
>>
>>75580736
>Are people truly degenerate that they believe killing the lead programmer of a game will change that it is delayed by 2 months?
There are always fucks just waiting to deliver a death treath. Sad fags, but harmless.
>>
>>75580736
>Are people truly degenerate that they believe killing the lead programmer of a game will change that it is delayed by 2 months?
H Y P E
Y
P
E
>>
>>75580736

Keep your cancer in /v/
>>
>>75580736
>Game developer postpones game for 2 months
>kill him
>Game is now postponed forever
WHERE'S THE LOGIC?
>>
>>75580736
I don't know why people care the games gonna be shit anyways
>>
>>75586904
It's not just dead terrain, real life stars are uploaded so you can study constellations

there are all sorts of little pieces of information regarding albedo, mass, diameter, and stellar/galactic classification which are very educational

activating some of the UI elements like the orbits can show stuff like orbital eccentricity

i've talked to my cousins and their younger friends about this stuff and used SE to illustrate.
>>
>I'M GETTING DEATH THREATS

>PLS GIB ATTENTION

People still fall for this shit?
>>
File: adasd.jpg (5 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
adasd.jpg
5 KB, 201x251
>>75581092
Good point, everyone in the age of the internet has gotten death threats, everyone.

People throw death threats around like popcorn on the internet and it does not mean shit.

Raise you hand if someone has said they were going to kill you over the internet.
>>
>>75597061
Usually no one gives a fuck when they receive internet death threats , besides actual , credible death threats that never get public attention.

When what you need is attention however...
>>
>>75597624
Who knows though, the developers do look like a bunch of sheltered and frail hipsters. Maybe it does really scare them.
>>
>>75597866
Still though , getting death threats as a game developer seems pretty handy and weirdly common.
>>
>>75581152
>Apparently some people bought a Playstation 4 just to pre-order and play this particular game
wew, reminds me of BB
>>
>>75580736
These faggots better fucking deliver. I want my damn video game
>>
File: consol ports.png (196 KB, 1131x400) Image search: [Google]
consol ports.png
196 KB, 1131x400
>>75580736
well that looks kinda...
>>75581152
>Playstation 4
It's gonna be shit.
>>
>>75581490
It basically looks like 3d Starbound but with half the mechanics.
>>
>>75580736
Gaming attracts a lot of autistic people as it is naturally an escapist activity.

It's those hardcore autists that make these ridiculous demands.

I have been stalked by one in the past simply for releasing somewhat popular mods for a game.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.