[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hamilton the Musical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 1024x613) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 1024x613
Why the fuck are people completely losing their shit over Hamilton?

>Grown Men bursting into tears
>every award ever
>private performances for the President

Shit. Has anyone seen this? Is it just beta males and blacks over hyping something because a black wrote it?
>>
he's the biggest cuck in the world at the moment. watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zfRn9noL34
>>
>>75264069
>Is it just beta males and blacks over hyping something because a black wrote it?

Exactly
>>
>Alexander Hamilton Musical
Oh, that's really interesting actually, I love the 18th century...
>rap
FUCKING DROPPED
>>
Because the musical presents a vibrant and diverse cast, with its aim to solely entertain.

There's the usual propaganda politics mixed in with the art, but it's like they say: "All art is political, otherwise it would just be decoration. And all artists have something to say, otherwise they'd make shoes."

But music, I find, is the worst medium through which to present political ideals. Most people listen to it because it feels good -- they don't actually listen to the lyrics.

Why the awards, then, you ask? Because most of the performers are black, even though most of the people they're meant to be portraying were white. And it's only through mass advertisement that they get to make their message concerning diversity politics known.
>>
>>75264069
It's actually pretty good. If you ignore the ethnicities of the cast and what has become a circlejerk of "minority achievement" the show is solid. It's not nigger rap. It's closer to Aesop Rock in my opinion. The second act is significantly more musical. The retelling of events is very well researched. It's got some good drama.
>>
>>75264069
2/10

don't waste ur time on the show
>>
>>75264430
i felt the same way, i was reading the federalist and biographies about him then this pops up, i get excited and BAM

nigger rap

i wonder if they know hamilton sold a slave once...
>>
Liberals
>>
I listened to the songs randomly in my car one day just to see what all the hype was about and was cringing pretty hard the whole time.
>>
I think it looks [spoiler]fun[/spoiler]. I do like history a lot.
>>
I heard it was good. I'd go see it
>>
File: disdain.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>non-whites cast as white historical figures
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.