[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only thing preventing me from voting Trump is that he wants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: cum guzzling dumpster slut.jpg (44 KB, 338x598) Image search: [Google]
cum guzzling dumpster slut.jpg
44 KB, 338x598
The only thing preventing me from voting Trump is that he wants to start trade wars.

Please convince me that free trade is a bad idea.
>>
>>75138189

I want to stick my prenus in that them there cum guzzling dumpster slut.
>>
>>75138308
Excuse me, but what on Earth does that have to do with free trade?
>>
as donald has already said- we don't have free trade

i am an entrepreneur but i can't compete with cheap chinese imports made by child slave labor - yet they get a discount in our markets and that means that they can set their price lower than mine. but im not even allowed to compete in their market.

how is that free trade?
>>
>>75138189

A fundamental mistake would be to believe the propaganda that what we have now with NAFTA and other such treaties is 'free trade' when in reality it is an extension of a corrupt policy system set up to empower large multinational corporations. If you really wanted free trade you would be against NAFTA, TPA and whatever.

Next:

Trading is normally beneficial for both parties.

Why would you benefit your enemies when you can get almost the same exact trade with allies or neutrals instead? In short, we should not be buying Chinese crap, nor Muslim crap.
>>
Free trade is great if it's fair trade.
Imagine a group of coffee growers selling coffe for less than us coffee. No problem right ?
..but thier governement keeps thier currency lowered to get a better exchange rate with the us , thus more of their currency and more help from the World bank.
Then imagine that those coffee workers are getting paid $20 a month and have to work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week.

Now imagine that coffee company is Folgers and it moved to Tanzania to get cheap coffee and made the government require farmers to grow coffee instead of sustenance crops..

Life is not as simple as, "It's FREE trade!!!!"
>>
>>75138501

You tell me, you posted it senpai.
>>
Your wage depends on the price of labor as a commodity. Supply of labor is very high in undeveloped countries like China and India. Free trade allows companies to tap this vast pool of labor, thereby reducing its price provided they relocate services through outsourcing. This obviously impacts labor intensive jobs like manufacturing and IT more than other, more capital intensive or locally tied sectors like healthcare and banking. Unfortunately for us, a good percent of the population depends on these impacted industries since they traditionally hired those without a college education.
>>
>>75138189
Read the mercantilist arguments, if you want to get a hunch why it is problematic, then consider the security implications of having all your computer hardware made in China.

Also, the larger your own internal market, the less impact does the problems of protectionism have upon you, as well as the advantages of free trade.
>>
>>75138560
We then get cheap coffee at the expense of that country's stupidity.

>government requires
That's the real problem. Anytime those get involved things turn to shit.
>>
>>75138189
Who is this cum guzzling dumpster slut?
>>
>>75138189
People are greedy by nature.
Why would a ceo employ Americans when he can use slave labor and make more profit.
Modern society is about being better than our greedy nature, to achieve this it need systems to keep our greed in check for the befit of all.
>>
>>75138189
Because a trade war in which nothing is traded between two parties (which is only the worst case scenario) is better than MASSIVE trade deficits with high unemployment rates to boot.

If someone was taking all the resources from your country, would you refuse to challenge them for fear of war? That's what Europe seems to think with their Muslim problem.

Trade is only worth having if there is a benefit, and America's current trade has reached the point of no benefit.
>>
File: semen slurping strumpet.jpg (26 KB, 324x638) Image search: [Google]
semen slurping strumpet.jpg
26 KB, 324x638
>>75138510
What do you mean they get a discount? You mean they aren't artificially propped up by the tax payer?
If you can't compete, why should I give you free money to stay in business?

>>75138521
Because freedom is good. It's on you to provide me with the reason why businesses should be restricted when doing business overseas.
Also, can we get the exact same trade with allies or neutral? Vietnam is a horrible communist dictatorship, but where are you going to find cheaper clothes, for instance?
>In short, we should not be buying Chinese crap, nor Muslim crap.
Why not? It's a free country isn't it?

>>75138665
I don't see outsourcing as a huge problem. Long-term it's better for consumers because of cheaper prices and businesses should be as free as possible unless they're doing serious harm.

>>75138961
What's wrong with trade deficits? We buy their stuff, we get stuff for cheap, and they have to spend our American dollars.

>If someone was taking all the resources from your country, would you refuse to challenge them for fear of war?
What? Are people taking our resources?

>Trade is only worth having if there is a benefit, and America's current trade has reached the point of no benefit.
that's wrong obviously. Trade is part of being a free person. I should be able to send some money to china for a shirt, or whatever. Freedoms are not good only insofar as they benefit you. People just have rights regardless.
Also, how are we not benefiting from trade? seems good to get products we want for cheap and to have other people use our currency to buy more stuff.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.