[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>who believe that transgender is a mental illness >This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: capture.png (57 KB, 814x416) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
57 KB, 814x416
>who believe that transgender is a mental illness
>This is an opinion that is not supported by any major psychological organization, and isn't supported in the scientific literature.

How will /pol/ recover?
>>
Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.
>>
>>75133130
What is Gender Dysphoria, a condition synonymous with transgenderism and considered to be a mental illness. The Wikipedia article about Gender Dysphoria has a transgender pride flag front and center on it. Checkmate.
>>
File: Capture du 2016-05-26 07-19-25.png (31 KB, 634x216) Image search: [Google]
Capture du 2016-05-26 07-19-25.png
31 KB, 634x216
>>75133541
>>75133387

nate here has a PhD in Organic Chemistry, surely he knows more than you.
>>
I actually quoted the head of Johns Hopkins hospital who almost certainly knows more than you Tranny loving mate! Look you can put pearls on a swine but at the end of the day it's still a pig.... How about joining us in reality?
>>
>>75133662
i bet that faggot lets his gf fuck other guys
>>
>>75134096
I bet he is just trying to justify loving
his girlfriends strap on up his arse!
>>
>>75133130
What would you do if someone swore they were an elephant trapped in a human body? Would you model a trunk out of their penis stitch it on their face enlarge their ears and call them Babar or would you say " you are clearly not an elephant I think you may be suffering some kind of mental illness?"
>>
You won't get anywhere since it always ends up as a Medical model vs. Psychosocial/Behavioural model.
>>
>>75135147
It's a genetic matter do you have two X chromosomes or one? Pretty simple.
>>
How can in not be a mental illness?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-there-something-unique-about-the-transgender-brain/
>>
>Boy tries to transition to girl in hs
>Gets bullied and ridiculed constantly for looking like a freak
>Once they're somewhat passable, they constantly post pictures of themselves and seek attention and approval from men
>Constantly take selfies for their snapchat and instagram seeking validation
>Any criticism, even if it is the smallest, is met with erratic and paranoid replies

Yea..it's definitely not a mental illness, goyim
>>
>transition to girl
>call gta 5 misogynist
>get fired from gamespot

Mental illness senpai
>>
pretty sure the DSM still calls it a mental illness

only Denmark has removed it as one
>>
I identify as a disabled minority with 12 children. Can I haz a check please ? I swear I'm not nuts.
>>
File: dolphin.jpg (495 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dolphin.jpg
495 KB, 1280x720
>>75134885
>>
>>75133130
> It is not "supported" by major psychological organizations ( says... the "organic chemist" ??)
> Therefore no talk of it is allowed on the Internet by those interested in developing the science of it.

for fucks sake. The Internet was such an early adoption by university science departments and now it comes to this.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.