[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally no reason weed should be illegal if alcohol is completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 18
File: cannabis_leaf_rustic.jpg (14 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
cannabis_leaf_rustic.jpg
14 KB, 200x160
Literally no reason weed should be illegal if alcohol is completely legal and worse for you.

Same with tobacco.

You can eat weed so that debunks the dangerous kills your lungs meme.

It needs to be legal worldwide if alcohol is
>>
degenerate
>>
>>75048322
yum yum goverment cum!
>>
>>75048322
Alcohol is degenerate
>>
Alcohol and tobacco should be banned too.
>>
Labelling it weed in an argument is an instant loss. As long as your degenerate kind will still refer to it as weed it will never be legalised.
>>
>>75048541
It is a weed though
>>
>>75048215
My wife had BPD. Weed might have chilled her out. Instead, she drank herself to death. Might have done so no matter what. Still makes me wonder.
>>
>>75048541
/thread

> implying that an implication of cannabis plantations would save us in so many ways that the "recreational smoking" is the dumbest argument ever against it
> implying people who are strictly against it because of "junkies and druggies" have never ever smoked it and have 0 relevant info about it
Seriously, I haven't encountered 1 person in my life who's against it while being able to provide valid arguments based on facts that would support his claims.
>>
>>75048601
Nope.

Weed = useless plant that you want to get rid of because it has no use whatsoever and only takes nutrients from the ground that your useful plants need.

Cannabis = plant with the widest & biggest potential in so many industries that almost anything can be made out of it, from medicine, through concrete or paper, to a car fuel. All this with far less destructive results as it's nowadays alternatives.

But sure, train your ignorance about the fact that the only reason why it's illegal is because your biggest lobbyists would loose profits if it'd be legal.
Also, I advise you to learn your history before condemning it.
>>
>>75048215
I agree that weed should be legal, because I think all drugs should be legal. The government should allow people to be free as long as they are not nignogging around.

However, using weed still makes you a retard. If reality is too hard for you too handle and you must resort to being high, you are not worth very much. Intelligence is the only thing that truly separates humans from animals and dindus, so maybe you should at least try to put that intelligence to a good use.
>>
>>75048902
I have an argument. It makes you lazy as fuck. Check mate, potheads.
>>
>>75048215
I don't want it to become a "soma"

There's no fucking reason it should be illegal, or any other drug should, but I don't think people could responsibly indulge in such things without destroying themselves.
>>
>>75049519
I can assure you I'm perfectly capable of being lazy without my pot.
The difference is I'd probably be more angry and irritable
>>
>>75049251
At first I thought you're a retard
But you have a good point
Sorry
>>
>>75048215
>alcohol is completely legal and worse for you.
>Same with tobacco.
Those are reasons to ban alcohol and tobacco, not to unban weed.
>>
>>75050133
So?

>>75050498
This guy gets it.
>>
>>75050498
>>75050623
Keep licking, there is still a spot left on that boot.
>>
>>75049873
>There is a fucking reason it's illegal
Of course, reason being?
Dangerous?

Deaths from Cannabis since forever to forever: 0
Deaths from Alcohol on yearly basis: 3.3 million
Deaths from Tobacco on yearly basis: 6 million

And if marijuana was to be legalized over night, tobacco business, gas, medicine etc everyone would have huge losses.

Tl;dr it's better to kill people and make money than to make them happy and lose some
>>
>>75049519
see
>>75050133

But also, while smoking on daily basis, I have found out that it's not that it only makes you lazy. It just makes you perceive more what you're already experiencing.
So I started to experiment on myself. I was so lazy that I was too lazy to be lazy desu.
I always smoked after work to chill the fuck out and move my mind away from my bitchy boss and work related problems that I would just think about all the time even though I'd not want to for a while.
So I started working out. Literally, I smoked a joint, switch to work out clothes and started working hard on myself.
Funny thing is that when I was "sober" I could never force myself to work out on daily basis because I was so lazy and exhausted from work.
When I was working out while high and got to the "no more" point, in my mind I always had this thought of "keep it on faggot, you're gonna be so thankful if you'll endure more" .. and I shit you not, it worked and I got pretty built up by the time.
This was of course when I was working in Netherlands on a lowest-tier position in DB schenker. Then I got to University there and I continued with this daily habbit of getting myself high and then work out. On my straight days I was just too lazy to get off the couch and rather play vidyas or watched netflix until I fell asleep.
Of course, smokin all day long is as destructive as drinking all day long or eating chocolate all day long.. it'll fuck you up, but that's ultimately your fault, not the chocolate's fault.
>>
>>75050717
Do you even know what that phrase means?

Why the fuck would I want such degeneracy in my society?
>>
>>75050865
Yes, but chocolate isn't a psychoactive drug that literally changes your brain to the point where it alters your perception of the world.

You wanna know why you wanted to work out high and not while sober? Because you're a fuckin drug addict. The lack of those delicious cannabinoid chemicals in your head make you exhausted, depressed, angry, irritable, scared. You are no longer sober when you're sober. You're withdrawing.

Wanna know why I know this? I did every single drug known to men (except qualudes and pcp, I was scared of pcp, couldn't find qualudes), extensively, for long enough to know what you feel. Even if you don't know that's what it is. Withdrawal. Look, I'm just as upset at the government for making this shit illegal and not letting me experiment with my mind/lifestyle as much as you are, and I don't wanna sound like some gay jedi priest. But yeah, I don't think drugs are very good.
>>
File: farage.jpg (811 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
farage.jpg
811 KB, 2048x1536
>>75048215
>You can eat weed so that debunks the dangerous kills your lungs meme
>>
File: ICRJ7d2.jpg (192 KB, 1247x1713) Image search: [Google]
ICRJ7d2.jpg
192 KB, 1247x1713
>>75051571
but combusting/smoking any kind of plant material is bad for your lungs.
>>
>>75050798
Maybe quote somebody correctly?
>>
>>75051934
LOOK
FASCISM AGAINST NORWAY
>>
NO DRUGS

NO ALCOHOL

NO CIGARETTES
>>
>>75048372
Everything that alters your mind is degenerate (except meditation and such)
>>
>>75048215
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>75053159
>NO FUN
>NO PUSSY
>NO LIFE

>>75053191
DUDE MEMES LMAO
>>
what about the hemp industry was threatening the paper industry conspiracy theory?
>>
File: 1452858467745.gif (2 MB, 256x200) Image search: [Google]
1452858467745.gif
2 MB, 256x200
>>75053191
>>75053299
8L4ZZEitF4QQ0T$
>>
>>75048215
Alcohol isn't legal everywhere. Its very illegal in Saudi Arabia and other Middle Eastern countries. I mean put to death illegal. Also, there are now "sharia zones" that exist(fucking look them up) where alcohol is ILLEGAL in places where it would normally be LEGAL.

I think prohibition of anything is stupid, its 2016. Someone can cook up, 3d print, or get from the darknet anything illegal..
>>
drink up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCq5TNzBmD8
>>
prohibition is fucked anyway. molecule printers are a very real and immediate possibility in which case people could just 'print' drugs at home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_0wC5kDN3s
>>
>>75048215

I think the best system is legal medical marijuana on the state level.

That way, multinational corporations can't run over all small businesses.

If marijuana is legalized at a federal level, and if there are publicly traded marijuana companies on stock markets, then it will become just another product that corporations use to increase their next quarterly revenue.

Not to mention efforts by corporations to patent or control a plant that's existed for millenia.

Keep Wall St. away from marijuana.

And fuck governments putting people in prison for it, then turning around and trying to make money off it.
>>
File: drugs.jpg (215 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
drugs.jpg
215 KB, 1000x1000
it should remain illegal because the users of it are fucking insufferable
>>
>>75053160
>"Everything that alters your mind is degenerate (except this one thing that I personally like)"
>>
>>75051732
I wish fucking stoners and advocates would realize this.
Any type of smoke is terrible for your lungs, even a fucking campfire is carcinogenic. Weed is fucking terrible for your lungs, but so many believe it isn't
>>
>>75053160

So what you're saying is you want to ban anything that changes the chemistry happening in your brain?
>>
>>75053651
Good points. In Oregon, you can't accept any money from outside the state to help fund any cannabis-related business. Kind of nice, I guess, but it is better to just grow your own.
>>
>>75053823
>I wish fucking stoners and advocates would realize this

Everybody knows that.
>>
>>75053633
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_0wC5kDN3s
very fucking cool. forgot someone was making something like this..
>>
>>75049251

Cannabis grows like a weed. But selective breeding by indoor growers has made a lot of strains really only suitable for indoor growing conditions.

There have been some people who have proposed taking the genes in cannabis that produce cannabinoids, and genetically engineering other plants to have those same genes. For example, taking the gene that makes THC, and putting it in a plant that grows even better in the wild than cannabis (giving real weeds the ability to make cannabinoids).

https://archive.org/details/TheBiotechnologyOfCannabisSativa

And with CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing technology, it's possible. CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing even apparently circumvents any laws about GMO foods.

Since there are so many irrational laws about cannabis, free the genes and give other plant's the ability to make THC, CBD, etc.
>>
>>75048215
>dude weed

fuck off you underage faggot. according to your rule the dissosiatives should be available OTC as well.
>>
>>75053661
I smoke too
And I cant describe how much I hate those faggots who can't shut the shit up about it
>>
>>75048426
Fuck off mate I need me winnie blues and a sly VB at work, I have to deal with people like you,
>>
>>75053160

Food alters your mind.

Sugar alters your mind.

The chemicals you ingest can alter your mind.
>>
>>75054035
CRISPR only circumvents the law when it is used to delete a gene or repair it because you aren't actually anything new. If you were to add a different organism's gene to another organism with CRISPR then it would fall under GMO guidelines.
>>
i smoke weed everyday ;^)
but fr senpai we need to legalize weed
F R
>>
>>75053823
I smoke
I know it's very bad for you
I don't care, though, most of us don't
We prefer a lifespan of around 50-60 great years instead of 100 miserable ones
>>
>>75053661
some alcohol users act just like weed users. "Dude I got so fucked up last night, jaeger shots 10 beers bruh..." wearing "too drunk to fuck" t shirts or tshirts with brand logos on them.

The point is most marijuana users are fags but only because most people everwhere are fags.
>>
>>75054636
>some
Most*
>>
>>75054328

You're right. I misspoke. I was thinking of this recent headline:

>Gene-Edited CRISPR Mushroom Escapes U.S. Regulation

But apparenty they just changed 2 letters in the DNA so it would be more resistant to browning.
>>
>>75050798
>what is thc poisoning
>>
>>75048639
Damn... really makes you think...
>>
>>75049287
Most people i know don't use it to escape reality. They use to have fun, in the same way people drink at parties. I believe it should be legal, because it has so many potential uses.
>>
>>75054884
>>what is thc poisoning

Okay, what is it?
Do you really think it is possible?
>>
>>75054428
>doesn't understand the slow and painful death that is cancer
>>
>>75055236
>can't euthanize yourself with barbiturates
>>
>>75048215
Agreed tb.h senpai but, i think all drugs should be legal and regulated, weeds out the weak
>>
>>75055314
Sounds like a fun decision to make. Your family will approve.
>>
Fuck weed legalize opium
>>
>>75055236
>doesn't understand the power of thc anesthesia
I know I'm gonna die one of these days
But atleast I'll go with a smile on my face
>>
>>75054884

It's possible to overdose on THC (since they've studied its effects on mice, rats, etc). And the growing popularity of concentrates (or even "dabs") might make it more likely.

However, I think it's more likely someone might suffer a psychotic break from THC well before they overdose on it.

For example, an edibles company in Colorado is being sued for failing to include warnings about known side effects on their packaging. Those side effects include hallucinations, paranoia and psychosis. This was after Richard Kirk ate an edible and freaked out and shot his wife Kristine Kirk.

A lot of weed users like to deny that THC's effects can include paranoia, hallucinations, and psychosis (usually because they've never experienced it themselves). But a drug can have different side effects for different people, as any clinical trial shows.

http://marijuanalibrary.org/HT_Marinol_0794.html
>Marinol has unpleasant side effects - as can be expected from a pill that is 99 percent THC. An April 1986 product insert from Roxane warned that Marinol elicits "disturbing psychiatric symptoms," and that even patients on low doses might experience "a full-blown picture of psychosis."
>>
>>75048215
Historically, it's been the moral right who have made drugs illegal. These are the same people who made sodomy illegal and are currently opposing trans rights to bathrooms.

The only reason for making weed illegal is that you're a faggot hater who is secretly a repressed faggot (or at least the same logic applied to different domains). Moral conservatives are the problem here.
>>
>>75053744
Kek
>>
>>75054913

Anti-drug people like to criticize people for "not being able to handle reality as it is." But all kinds of people use all kinds of things as an "escape."

Are coffee drinkers attacked for being "weak" because they can't function in the morning without it?
>>
>>75048215
The single most unimportant issue of our time. Fuck off degenerate, no one cares
>>
but marijuana IS worse than alcohol
>>
>>75055539

Someone can have traditional conservative morals and still support the legalization of cannabis (even though conservatives are probably the group least likely to have tried any psychoactive drugs besides caffeine or alcohol). Before 1900, marijuana was totally legal for everyone, including Christians.

But white people didn't like black men fucking white women (and they still don't).

Frankly, it's a travesty that racemixing and homosexuality and gay marriage and transgenderism have become more socially acceptable faster than a plant.

In the US, it only took one person on the Supreme Court (who had performed gay marriages in the past, in an obvious conflict of interest) to make gay marriage legal (and force it down everyone's throats, leading to Christians being sued, fired, called bigots for having the same morals everyone else has a decade ago, etc). They totally managed to redefine "marriage" in their own image, destroying a word's meaning in about a decade. Women needed an amendment to gain the right to vote, but gays didn't need an amendment to get married?

Meanwhile, states are taking it upon themselves to have elections to make this plant legal.

But when it comes to degeneracy like homosexuality and transgenderism, there are no states rights, and people keep citing an amendment that was written to deal with former slaves. Or you have a black woman, Loretta Lynch, citing Title IX, saying laws that say you can't discriminate on sex apply to public bathrooms, and discrimination against "gender identity", even though the LGBT mafia insists that sex and gender are not the same.
>>
File: umad.jpg (5 KB, 184x144) Image search: [Google]
umad.jpg
5 KB, 184x144
>>75056512
Glad you typed all that out.
>>
>>75054035
i want cannabinoid infused tomatoes and carrots
>>
>>75056646

Weed should be legal and faggots and trannies should be executed. There is no contradiction there.
>>
>>75055440
better quit with a bang instead of leeching.
>>
>>75055904
It is pretty important. The war on drugs needs to stop. You cant side step this one like you can gay marriage or bathrooms.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with weed.
>>
>>75057827

Blacks and Hispanics give weed a bad name.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 600x202) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 600x202
>>75048215
Any thoughts on this study? Not taking a stance or anything, just putting this up from MisterMetokur's Twitter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3607444/Smoking-cannabis-ALTERS-DNA-causing-mutations-trigger-illness-including-cancer.html

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-05-cannabis-linked-gene-mutation.html
>>
>>75058103
Pol y u so obsessed with race? Like there are assholes of all races yet you only talk about assholes that look different from you. Its such a close minded paradigm. Like if someone says all whites are assholes you can see that as being wrong, but if one says this of mr blacky you say yes an entire group of people all suck.
>>
>>75058355
>Tobacco causes cancer
>alcohol causes cancer
>car emissions causes cancer
>oil used to cook crisps causes cancer
>leaving your house causes cancer

Fear mongering.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 1019x487) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 1019x487
>>75048215
I’ve gotten some new insights on the issue also. I remember when I signed up for an internship near my local county. Because I actually wasn’t old enough to do the engineering internship program, I ended up working as a weed cutter. While I was out for lunch with my supervisor, I asked him why a lot of the potential interns didn’t get accepted. he said that the main reason was because of the drug test. Then he told me that this is done not only because the drugs can hinder a person’s performance at work, but also to make choosing applicants easier. Even if marijuana was legalized, certain companies can still not hire you for that same reason. And the applicant might never know that. Even if people protested this, it may not change. It’s evil, but I actually think it’s smart since it saves them time and resources.

So, whatever happens, this might come into play.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 776x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 776x283
Any thoughts on this study? Not taking a stance or anything, just putting this up.
>>
>dude weed lmao
Take your faggot ass to canada and don't come back
>>
>Literally no reason weed should be illegal if alcohol is completely legal

There are non destructive and non degenerate uses for alcohol because it can be consumed in amounts that won't cause you to be inebriated in any way. With weed there is no middle ground. You're either not using it and your sober or you're using it and you're high.

Weed should be illegal because it's the drug of choice for young kids and persistent use is causing a lot of developmental issues. There have been studies that have shown it to lower their IQ by up to 7 points on top of the causing or exasperating mental illness. Our laws should be calibrated to discourage people from using it and legalizing it would have the opposite affect. Once a drug is legalized it is virtually impossible to make it illegal again so as a society we need to be very careful and make sure we know what we're getting into. Only now are scientists really starting to study and discover and understand the negative affects or pot.
>>
File: 1463860306642s.jpg (10 KB, 216x250) Image search: [Google]
1463860306642s.jpg
10 KB, 216x250
>>75058943
>With weed there is no middle ground.

Say what? You can have a toke and catch a buzz, or smoke yourself into a coma, just like booze.
>>
>>75058943
Apply your reasoning to tobacco and sugar.

>alcohol because it can be consumed in amounts that won't cause you to be inebriated in any way.

Are you stupid?
>>
>>75058744
The natural problem being of course, there is nothing to say Johnny didn't utterly binge all weekend then walk in to work on Monday, meanwhile Tim smoked a joint three weeks ago and failed a drug test. Policy and opinions will change as laws change.
>>
>>75050498
Why? People willingly not contributing to society buy the most of both, put money back into the system with those sales, get sick, medical industry profits off keeping them alive as long as possible and they die (or are "accidently" killed off to save expenses). The whole system is fucked just to make a dollar instead of rehabilitating people.
>>
>>75058448

One of the main reasons cannabis is illegal in the US is because:
a) the name "marijuana", a Spanish term, which conjures up images of Mexicans
b) black jazz musicians smoking cannabis and fucking white women

Not to mention all the nigger rappers who smoke weed.

Then all these black people complain that they're incarcerated more for weed than whites.

There are certainly white people who make weed look bad (for example, wiggers), but again, that's influenced by all the nigger rappers who smoke weed.
>>
>>75059461

It doesn't matter how much you smoke it alters your state of mind and it stays in your body for weeks.

>>75059587

I have no idea what point you're trying to make.
>>
>>75058813

I believe it. I think even over half of America favors legalization.

I don't think people under 21 should be using marijuana though. Maybe even under 25.

And all the retarded teenagers posting their DUDE WEED LMAO pictures on Instagram bugs the hell out of me. They should be fined or go to jail.
>>
>>75059880
>There are non destructive and non degenerate uses for alcohol

What 'non destructive and non degenerate uses' for tobacco are there?
>>
>>75060564

We're talking about pot and alcohol. I'm not going to follow you down rabbit holes if you have a point just say it. Also don't assume that I want tobacco to be legal in order to fit your strawman.
>>
>>75050798
>Deaths from Cannabis: 0

A friend of mine got beat to death over 50 dollars of Cannibis.
>>
>>75058943

Ethanol is a poison. Cannabis is a medicine. But people whose brains are still developing shouldn't ingest either (unless it's some kid with uncontrollable seizures or something).

A sip of alcohol doesn't make everyone drunk. One puff of cannabis doesn't make everyone high (although it might relieve pain, or make someone's Tourettes not as bad).

And a lot of people who want to make marijuana legal say then it would be harder for kids to get, because they say "drug dealers don't card" (check to see if someone is 21). However, people under 21 can still obtain alcohol illegally. And if there is any age limit on purchases, there will always be a black market for minors.

People under 21 should be dissuaded as strongly from possible from using cannabis. Maybe even under 25. But that doesn't mean it should be illegal for everyone else. If weed is legal, you could still severely punish people who supply weed to minors.
>>
>>75050798
Dangerous doesn't pertain to deaths only.

Like an anon said, there's more reason to ban alcohol and tobacco than to unban weed.
>>
>>75060868

I'm completely fine with medical marijuana if there is a proper use for it. When I say I want it to stay illegal I mean for the general population.

>And a lot of people who want to make marijuana legal say then it would be harder for kids to get, because they say "drug dealers don't card" (check to see if someone is 21). However, people under 21 can still obtain alcohol illegally. And if there is any age limit on purchases, there will always be a black market for minors.

I don't see how legalizing marijuana would lessen the opportunity for kids to get it. If alcohol were illegal I am positive that kids would have a much harder time getting it and it's the same deal with marijuana. If it were legal there would be more dealers or avenues in which teens could obtain it.
>>
>>75061372
This.
>>
File: sehr angenehm.jpg (25 KB, 512x383) Image search: [Google]
sehr angenehm.jpg
25 KB, 512x383
>mfw I quit smoking weed six weeks ago after ten years of nearly daily smoking
>did a urine test today
>it's negative

Feels great desu.
>>
>>75061372

They argue that tons of teens claim it's easier to find weed (which is illegal) than find alcohol (which is legal). However, if someone is willing to sell weed to a teenager, why would they be against selling alcohol to a teenager? Maybe many people who sell weed to teens are already under 21 though. I also don't know if weed is easier or harder for teens to get in Colorado now, although maybe it was never hard.

They argue that a minor can't just go into a store and buy weed, because they would need ID, whereas drug dealers never check for ID. However, that ignores fake IDs, and adults who could buy weed, then sell it or give it to minors. It also ignores homegrowers, who might be parents, who might either give weed to minors, or minors could steal from homegrows.

I think black market street weed will always be cheaper than legal weed, because street weed has no taxes (and it's usually lower quality).

The thing about alcohol though is all it takes is sugar water, a closed container, and yeast (and ideally an airlock so the container doesn't explode). I guess some teens do have their own closet grows, but they're practically an entrepreneur with the way US laws are going.

And a lot of adults who smoke weed don't want their kids to know what it smells like. They want their kids to be "of age" too.
>>
>>75048215
I agree that there's nothing wrong with legalizing it but it's degenerate regardless and should be kept away from schools.

Also constant heavy use of weed causes brain damage and everyone who disagrees is as ignorant as a nigger. Just look at all the stoners, they're easy as fuck to find by their laugh and seeming to always be in a daze.
>>
>>75049287
>strawman
Wow, what a great argument. Thanks for your contribution.

>>75051278
Cannabis barely alters your perception at all unless you take a shitload, in which case most of the change is just brightness/volume.
>withdrawal from a non-addictive substance
lol. You've never seen true withdrawal if you think that cannabis gives you withdrawals. How about next time you don't mix hard shit into your bud?

>>75053661
If you honestly think that alcohol drinkers are just normal people, you're literally mentally retarded. Drinkers are obnoxious pieces of shit, far more so than stoners ever could be. I can't even go into a fucking furniture store without being bombarded with shitty, ugly, tacky signs and throw pillows and so on that say shit like "I need another glass of wine". Let's not forget the coffee faggots too.

>>75053823
Literally everything is carcinogenic. If you're going to bitch about all of the negligible carcinogens in shit, you might as well just die because sunlight and air are "dangerous" too. Cannabis isn't "fucking terrible for your lungs", scientific studies have confirmed that cannabis smoke barely affects your lungs.

>>75054884
You'd have to consume approximately 1,500 pounds in 15 minutes.

>>75055526
They tested it on animals and the conclusion of those tests was that they couldn't even find the LD-50. Nice try tho famalama. As for the guy that shot his wife, it's pretty much confirmed that he's just looking for something to blame.
>Marinol
So the pharma corps created yet another dangerous drug, which cannabis proponents despise (ask any activist about marinol and they'll tell you it's the devil) and you're really going to blame that on cannabis instead of the corps? Good job, bootlicker.

>>75058355
>dailymail
>.com
Nah.
>>
>>75059880
False. Google micro-dosing.
Actually, you need to look up a lot of things if you honestly think that any quantity of weed will alter your mind.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>75048322
Not an arguement.
This is literally
>it triggers me
But in /pol/tard lingo. Seriously, let go of that cop out.
I'm sure you and every other naziboo say it's degenerate because stoners are goofy. You guys expect the whole world to be substance and medicine free. The users and culture around it disgust/ lack appeal to you. Somehow this disgusg is enough justification to become a law???? They pose no threat to anyone but themselves in the extreme long run or people on the road. The same can be said for old people.
>>
File: 1454387159220.jpg (53 KB, 614x451) Image search: [Google]
1454387159220.jpg
53 KB, 614x451
>>75048639
sorry to hear that adnon.

I know a lot of people dont really know the damage alcohol can do. i think weed is a good option healthier alternative
>>
>>75048322
Not an argument. "Degenerate" is mostly subjective
>>
>>75053953
Stoners actually believe smoking weed can cure cancer.
>>
>>75053661
I AM SILLY
>>
>>75062619
Most dealers nowadays are high school kids. No joke. There are a lot of cannabis activists that complain about it. Legal cannabis is already cheaper than street. In legal states it's selling for $3/g wholesale, $9 retail, and it's consistently dropping. Once it's legal nationwide and even worldwide we'll probably be buying ounces of high-quality bud for $5, considering cannabis is basically the easiest plant to grow on a massive scale.
>>
File: 1343720129403.png (85 KB, 279x192) Image search: [Google]
1343720129403.png
85 KB, 279x192
>>75048215
>weed is illegal in his country
>>
>>75063203
Muhammad, it's the 21st century. Time to learn how to read a scientific report.
>>
>all these prohibition friendly statist bootlicking authoritarians
fucking disgusting. wheres my libertarians at?
>>
>>75062817
>They tested it on animals and the conclusion of those tests was that they couldn't even find the LD-50. Nice try tho famalama.

No. The LD50 for THC taken orally by rats is a dose of 1270mg/kg. And there are other values too. That's why I said I think a psychotic break is more likely to happen before an overdose.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_lethal_dose

>As for the guy that shot his wife, it's pretty much confirmed that he's just looking for something to blame.

Maybe Richard Kirk was planning on killing his wife anyway. I doubt it. People can really freak out on weed. Especially on edibles, if they take one and nothing happens and they keep taking them. For example, about 3 months about recreational marijauan sales began in Colorado in January 2014, "a Wyoming college student became agitated after eating a marijuana-infused cookie and leapt to his death from a Denver hotel balcony."

That's why Colorado made it a law that edibles can now only have 10mg THC per serving. The candy Richard Kirk ate had 100mg THC, considered 10 doses. I've had 3 10mg "doses" before and it's uncomfortable.

>So the pharma corps created yet another dangerous drug, which cannabis proponents despise (ask any activist about marinol and they'll tell you it's the devil) and you're really going to blame that on cannabis instead of the corps? Good job, bootlicker.

Marinol is just THC in pill-form. The reason I mentioned it is because the US federal government recognizes it as a medicine (which contradicts their stance that marijuana has no accepted medical usage), and to list some side effects of THC (which include paranoia, hallucinations, psychosis).

Richard Kirk was having hallucinations and psychosis from a marijuana edible when he shot his wife.

I'm not saying that's common, but it happens. Different people react to different drugs in different ways. Those are just the facts.
>>
>>75048215
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bernie-sanders-campaign-drops-tommy-896752

I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>75063953
>People can really freak out on weed
t.faggot brianwashed by D.A.R.E and has never actually smoked. kys statist
>>
>>75062964

If someone thinks weed is degenerate, I think they're entitled to their opinion. I mean, weed doesn't automatically turn people into good people, or environmentally conscious people. Child soldiers in Africa will smoke ganja to deal with the atrocities they commit.

And I disagree that "degenerate" is just another word for "it triggers me."
>>
>>75048322
Not an argument
>>
File: nighdmaregoggles.jpg (39 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
nighdmaregoggles.jpg
39 KB, 722x349
>>75064199
I've seen people freak out on weed.

t. daily smoker
>>
I am a daily smoker. I go to college, go running every day, have a girlfriend, decent amount of friends and very active in my daily life. I smoke weed to sleep. Since childhood i always had trouble to fall sleep and to stay asleep. Pretty much my entire life i have been sleep deprived (less than 5hrs of sleep a night, every night of every week of every month of every year, imagine that for a second).
I was depressed, looked like shit, was agitated easily, agressive, just generally turning into a fucking trainwreck.
I did not want to take sleeping pills because i had the feeling i would kill myself if i had an entire box of those in my house.
So last year i smoked my first doobie with some friends. For literally the first time in 15+ years i slept through the night without waking up for about 7hrs. I never felt better before. I didn't smoke for another two weeks after that but i noticed as i got further away from the date i smoked the joint i was sleeping worse and worse again. So i smoked another one and again it made me sleep tighter than ever. Since then i smoke daily for amusement and to able to sleep at night. I am no longer depressed or becoming a trainwreck. Weed or cannabis or whatever the fuck, THIS PLANT gave me an opportunity to live a normal life.

All you fucking bitchass motherfuckers can go to hell if you say weed is degenerate. You have never ever seen how weed can have a extremely positive effect on some people.

Ofcourse smoking all day err day isn't fucking good. But then think to yourself what is good in extremis? Literally water can kill you if you ingest too much of it at once. Legalisation is one thing, REGULATION is another and let that be the part most weed haters leave behind. I want weed to be legalized but under strict rules.

Rant Done

Ps:lost my dad to alcoholism
>>
>>75064526
>strict rules
fucking why? why does the government need more control? people in poor communities have easy access to weed and there isnt mass deaths there because of it.
>>
>>75048215
ITT:

>Muh Degeneracy
>Muh Dude Stereotypes lmao

Straight edge faggots are as bad as vegans.
>>
>>75065024
Because in our society you can not be high all day. You simply can't because even if it would be legalized the stigma would still be there. You could be high all day but that wont hemp you because you have responsibilities such as your job, wife, kids,...

I want strict rules because people are people and some fuckers will always find a way to abuse the system. If the system get abused it might get withdrawn again.

Just so everything would go smooth in the startup process of weed we need strict rules. Maybe they would loosen up in the future. But literally, if the government gives something to the people, they always want it all or nothing.
You would be the kind of guy that wants weed legalized and if it was legalized you would still be crying about "teh guvernment'.
I for one would already be grateful as fuck if they even thought about it...
>>
>>75063515

And where do the high school dealers get their weed? Is it grown by people under 21?

I don't think marijuana prices have dropped as much as legalization advocates said they would. And that was one of the arguments for legalization, that prices would drop and make drug cartels vanish (which hasn't happened).

I was in Colorado months ago in legal stores and I didn't see anything below $10/gram. So that's a bottom of $35/8th, plus sales tax, plus state marijuana tax, plus a tax on wholesale marijuana transfers, plus any local county marijuana tax. And it's still cash-only because marijuana is against federal law and banks don't want to touch it.

Plus, legal cannabis must be indoor cannabis, since AFAIK they don't allow companies to grow it in fields outside. How could legal weed (grown under lights, and taxed) ever be cheaper than street weed (grown under the sun, and not taxed)? I mean, people will even sell cigarettes on the black market, which are cheaper because they're not taxed. Not to mention that many stoners are insufferable snobs who won't touch anything grown in dirt or under the sun (like the plant has grown for millenia).

I don't want Big Tobacco or Monsanto or Pfizer or Big Banks or any publicly traded company beholden to shareholders growing weed. Wall Street can fuck right off.

Federal legalization would just be a giveaway to huge soulless corporations to bully everyone out of the business, and give these new corporate drug cartels the "blessing" of the government.

It's like having a city full of mom-and-pop stores and welcoming Walmart to come in and put everyone out of business or swallow everyone up and create a monopoly.
>>
>>75064199

I've been smoking weed for 15 years and I've probably smoked more in the past few months than you have in your entire life. It's not for everyone.

Go watch Getting Doug with High and watch Jack Black blurt out his "safe word."

Newsflash: cannabis varies plant to plant, strain to strain, harvest time to harvest time, and the people ingesting it are not all clones of each other with the exact same DNA and exact same brain.

Have you ever seen a drug commercial on TV and they list known side effects? They started by testing a chemical, and if over 50% of people have a given side effect (say, antidepressant), they might advertise the drug as an "antidepressant." Meanwhile, maybe 20% of people have another side effect, maybe 15% of people have another side effect, maybe 1% of people have another side effect, etc.

For example, Viagra was first synthesized for use against high blood pressure and angina pectoris. However, through trials they found that many guys were getting boners as a side effect. So they advertise it as a boner pill.

But if you want to believe that any given drug only has one side effect on every user, go right ahead.
>>
>>75048215
>weed

Stoner culture is the reason it has so much trouble being legalized.

I want it to be legalized so I can smoke on a saturday after working all week, not being a DUDE WEED LMAO useless fuck.
>>
>>75048322
it sure is but hey, at least i don't drink alcohol
>>
>>75065432
So wait. Do you want cheap MJ or do you want non-monopolized MJ? Because if there's one thing monopolies are good at it's dumping the price just well enough for, as you said, bully everyone else out of the market.

Though one difference between Tabbaco and Weed is that weed is far simpler to grow to the point someone can cover their own consumption.

That's part of why Alcohol prohibition failed so hard after all, too. Anyone can make shitty moonshine.

On a less confrontational note: I think a ban on more than, say, 4k plants per OP and more than 2 such OPs in the same region would be good.

Just nip any monopolizing fucktards in the bud (harr harr) before they can crop up.
>>
File: IMG_20160521_192311[1].jpg (654 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160521_192311[1].jpg
654 KB, 2560x1920
blazin right now, check out muh White Russian
for some reason any cannabis seeds are legal here, so if you're growing but being discreet about nodoby will probably bother you
>>
>>75066839

People should be allowed to homegrow, and not be allowed to sell it. That's a lot cheaper than buying an ounce.

I don't want corporate monopolies on marijuana, putting every small business out of business. Whether that's in medical applications ("we patented this THC/CBD ratio!") or just recreational products (corporations will try to protect their "intellectual property", possibly by patenting strains). Bigger companies keep buying up smaller companies, swallowing up all the little fish, leaving a drug cartel that has the government's blessing.

I just think that with federal legalization, you're trading one cartel (Mexican drug cartels, although many weed users stopped buying Mexican weed years ago), for another cartel (Pfizer, Monsanto, Goldman Sachs, Walmart, Big Tobacco, whoever).

I don't want a weed cartel run by Wall Street.

I don't want Fortune or Forbes magazine talking about how some weed cartel could increase their profits next quarter, and how some weed cartel just had an IPO, etc. Keep their dirty hands off it.
>>
>>75067695
Eh, I *guess*. I'm not sure how tenable that is, but it's an idea.
>>75067257
Selling cuts is a pretty profitable business here. 'Ornamental plants', hmm-hmmmmm. :^)
http://hempembassy.org/en/home/
http://hanf-hanf.at/onlineshop
Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.