[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Automation Revolution General Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9
File: future.jpg (217 KB, 1136x572) Image search: [Google]
future.jpg
217 KB, 1136x572
The Automation Revolution is the current ongoing change wherein Computers can begin to do things like human vision and voice recognition better than humans can.

This advancement allows for a vast increase in automation across society. No longer restricted to precise repetitive tasks but capable of dynamic tasks like navigating through traffic or recognizing human speech through machine learning techniques.

Let's discuss the application of the Automation Revolution to Driving Labor.

Currently in America there are over 1.5 million truck drivers who are used as labor to drive. Within the next few years autonomous Trucks will out perform human drivers. General Motors recently invested over 1.5 Billion dollars on self driving cars for a planned autonomous Taxi service.

The labor value of being a driver will be wiped out over the next decade and it will have a huge effect because many other labor markets will also be effected such as food service.

Let's discuss the coming changes to society from the revolution such as:
-The end of human's being allowed to drive
-The end of human's involved in most food preparation
-Completely automated Supply chains
>>
Ex-Google Engineers Are Working On Making All Trucks That Drive Themselves

99% of Driving Related Jobs will be replaced by 2025.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK76W1kH4jA

Otto Self Driving Trucks hit testing. The Otto company uses a modification package which turns an existing Semi-Truck into an autonomous truck. No need to buy a new vehicle which allows it to quickly expand and replace drivers.
>>
>Robots
>Ethnically ambiguous qts
Future is neat.
>>
>>75000531
I can confirm the implementation of automation in food service, but also in simple tasks like public storage facilities.
As well as completely automated grocery stores.
>>
Yes, yes, we already know this will lead to widespread famine, poverty, and a globalist-led depopulation program involving designer pathogens, but can we please just focus on the extinction of white people for now?

One nightmare at a fucking time.
>>
>>75001013
Automated everything

It's going to be tremendous if we implement it in the next 10 years. Just implementation of automation could increase standard of living across america by 40-50%
>>
We will need an alternative system for wealth distribution soon.

What that looks like, I have no idea.
>>
they'll probably hire truckers just to watch the road and do nothing for a few years. until someone comes along and undercuts by hiring nobody at all.
>>
>>75001518
>years

more like months at max. Making more money? They will fucking jizz all over the crying drivers. They won't care, they won't need them anymore.
>>
>>75002128

it's more of a social comfort thing, people will be uncomfortable having trucks doing 70 without oversight when the technology is brand new
>>
>>75001446
Honestly, eugenics and a population cull is what I expect will happen in one way or another.
>>
>>75000531
I can't wait until a few rich people create Automated super robot armies so that people can't even win a numbers game against jews. What a great time it will be to be alive.
>>
>>75002646
The thing is it will be cheaper than ever to keep a human satisfied. It's not like human population declined once crop yield went up or farming became automated.

The thing is it might cost 50% less to have the same standard of living that 35k gets you now.

It will be cheaper than ever to keep around human pets. Pets breed.

The best solution is to use gene editing to make all the shit tier people have super smart and beautiful kids, which are valuable.
>>
>>75002849
Rich people start buying androids and having them go compete with normal humans for different work.

>apply for job
>100 androids also apply and ask for $1 an hour
>>
>>75001362
It's was plain to see if you were looking in the correct places, but yes it will be an exponential burst in our ability to create a better more efficient society for the future.
I like turning "leisure time" into a new career. Minds will be more free to invent, solve, and dream.
>>
>>75001147
This. At some point we are just going to have to go apeshit crazy and destroy technology before it ruins humanity.
Perhaps this is actually the jews plan the entire time. Kill out white people just as they make soceity completely self sufficient on robots then use niggers for the shit tier jobs the robots still can't do.
>>
The entire area of car transport is going to be fucked

From Mechanics, to taxi drivers, to traffic violation enforcement, etc

It's an unraveling of a huge portion of current society structure. It will be interesting to see if established ground can stop or slow the revolution of autonomous cars.
>>
>>75003074
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>75002984
This..I think you're on to something
>>
>>75002865
Why would I keep someone around who consumes resources while contributing nothing? No matter how efficient things get there will always be waste such as greenhouse gases, and maybe climate change matters to the individuals in charge
>>
>>75003278
Most people in a modern society do not contribute anything. Any given company is probably 70% people who do nothing or spend 80% of their time doing nothing.
>>
>>75003074
Nobody is going to invent and solve or dream. Every invention that has even been made came from competition and survival. Whats going to really happen is we are all going to become fat lazy slobs. Then because we all have way too much free time we will either go insane and start killing each other or we will live virtual lives to make us feel like we are actually living.
>>
>>75003278
>climate change
>man made
>>
File: BUBBLES.jpg (158 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
BUBBLES.jpg
158 KB, 640x636
>>75001446
Welfare is liable to turn into a living wage system in the next 30 some years

Great one might think as quality of life goes up, save the fact that it would reinforce an even more rigid caste of "makers" and "takers". Those who still work will be valued more and considered better for contributing actively to society, but the rub is that the priviledge to do so will be extremely hard to come by

Having a job will become a high status system, and only those with big money connections will be able to get those positions. Everyone will be made into modern peasants, with zero means of controlling production or achieving upward mobility

shits grim
>>
>>75002638
Moneyed interests don't give a damn about social comfort.

Just look at the importation of shitskins to see what I'm talking about.
>>
>>75003672
status symbol*

fug auto correct
>>
>>75003549
pretty much

Imagine if we knew, 2 1/2 years from now, 1 million truck drivers will be unemployed.

What do you think will happen to those people? Are they going to go invent some new cancer drug? Start doing arts and crafts?

People who are 45 and spent the last 20 years driving trucks.
>>
>>75003278
Why would the people who consume resources and contribute nothing want to keep you around while you're trying to kill them?

Do you think this is a fucking videogame? Do you think these people are just NPC's who obediently roll over and die for you?

No, dumbass!

You try and kill them, they will try and kill you back, and there are a lot more of them than there are of you.

And that's even ignoring the fact that you're a dumbass for assuming you wouldn't also be on the chopping block. Because to the elites it's YOU who consume resources and contribute nothing.

Jesus christ pull your self-centered head out of your ass.
>>
>>75003929
>this
>>
>>75000531
This automation shit is a pipe dream.

Sage in all fields.
>>
>>75000531
The way I see it, there's going to be significant impacts on different groups of people.

Educated and intelligent people: will see a rise in career prospects designing and implementing automated systems

Skilled but non college educated people: will have to become more adaptive and willing to learn, but will ultimately enjoy a higher standard of living building, maintaining, and installing automated systems

Stupid, unreliable people (shitskins): will be forced out of work, live more on welfare, become even niggier, until finally resentment by working people builds to the point they are killed or deported

You can already see this happening in Europe, shit tier mudslimes are simply incapable of doing many of the jobs in an advanced economy.
>>
>>75004517
Mining drones have already taken most of the truck driving jobs from the largest open pit mine in the world, the Kalgoorlie super pit in Western Australia.
>>
>>75000844
>which turns an existing Semi-Truck into an autonomous truck

No it does not. It keeps the truck inbetween white lines on the highway. There's a lot more to make a truck automated more than glorified cruise control.
>>
File: japan.jpg (70 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
japan.jpg
70 KB, 600x800
>>75004517
retarded post
>>
>>75005244
Turns is a process

It can take a few years.
>>
>>75005244
They're either going to continue development of that in-house, or they'll license it from a bigger company like Google.
>>
>>75004827
>Educated and intelligent people: will see a rise in career prospects designing and implementing automated systems

Only a handful of STEM fields, and even they are on borrowed time. They will inevitably design their own replacements.
>>
>>75005413
It will be interesting to see how they'll manage that. Google's car hit a bus earlier this year, and they're trying to program it to be more aggressive driving so it isn't stuck for an hour at an intersection.

80,000lbs of truck going down the road with a delivery in 3 days is a pretty big difference to a little car.
>>
>>75005624
Prole like us should form our own producer nation let the elitists be free from us
>>
>>75005682
Trucks have simpler roads though while in transit.

They would probably have 5-6 of them in a single convoy between locations then have 1 driver do the tight driving on all 5-6. Just eliminating some of the labor but not all.
>>
>>75003929
>>75003929

The underclass will destroy itself over whose fault any of it is, long before the elites feel the need to lift a finger in defense.

> muh day of the rope
>>
>>75005912
>hey would probably have 5-6 of them in a single convoy

That makes no sense.

The majority of drivers in the US deliver from place to place and rarely fill up the whole trailer.
>>
>>75005912
Also the simpler roads thing.

You think so? The interstate is pretty simple but driving a truck through rush hour traffic in a city is hardly a simple thing.
>>
>>75003278
Considering those in power want MORE rather than LESS "useless eaters" at all costs, its safe to say there's no mass depopulation planned.
>>
>>75005682
>Google's car hit a bus earlier this year,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9T6LkNm-5w
>>
>>75000531
Is she a robot?
>>
>>75006249
The reason they want more is because it allows them to continue playing funny money games with loans and debt.
>>
>>75006392
Yep.
>>
>>75005792
You can

The amish.
>>
>>75006311
Some bitch upset over someone taking pics

I thought the face was cute
>>
>>75002128
>more like months at max

Lol this delusion.

They haven't even automated trains yet and they're going to replace all drivers with robots in months.
>>
>>75007261
It's a different level of labor cost.
>>
>>75000531
if such thing happen as humans are removed then its just empty shell going around universe having no real purpose, executing lifeforms whenever encountering them, but then again, it has to maintain itself while, so it must also consume efficiently, which seem impossible. robot can be only so clever as the creator can make it

fucking pointless
>>
>>75007603
>months
>>
File: 1464059543261.jpg (99 KB, 609x800) Image search: [Google]
1464059543261.jpg
99 KB, 609x800
>>75007709
Without monkeys it's just a dumb boring lifeless human going around doing who knows what
>>
>>75008087
The train industry is not the on demand ride industry.
>>
>>75000531

I don't know who's going to come for my car, but they're going to have to pry my cold, dead body from it if they try.
>>
>>75008289
But firing conductors would save money. You seem to think they would do it in a heartbeat to drivers.

Trains are different though?
>>
>>75000844
>tfw I went to middle school and high school with the co-founder of this company

Pretty jelly that this dude who was always a bit of a turd is gonna do something important, but good for him, I guess.
>>
File: select all juice.jpg (100 KB, 389x586) Image search: [Google]
select all juice.jpg
100 KB, 389x586
>>75003204
Yesss goyim, build machines to do everything and make sure their programming code is well-documented hehe...
>>
>>75008369
Horse lovers thought the same when the car came out

Don't worry meatbag, you have VR sim driving experiences and tracks you can go to.

Unfortunately, 40,000 deaths a year mean you won't be allowed to self-drive.
>>
>>75008788

I have horses too lmao
>>
yes yes, no more fucking teenagers rolling around my street wiht there V8 flutterbangers and hondasan sprocket speeders
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>75001362
oh neat
>>
>>75008986
It will be the same with cars

You can go to tracks or VR it. It is the difference of 1 trillion dollars to force autonomous vehicles vs not.

It will be forced.
>>
>>75009573
>It is the difference of 1 trillion dollars to force autonomous vehicles vs not.

>[citation needed]
>>
>>75009573

They can't though. Cars are one of the things that keep the people distracted, they can't just fucking force everyone to stop driving and have people not realize what's going on, it's too central to our lifestyle.

and fyi, I can ride my horse pretty much anywhere I want.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.