[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did Cracked become so politically correct? 99% of their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 400x78) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 400x78
When did Cracked become so politically correct? 99% of their articles on social or political issues sound like the were written by liberal cucks
http://www.cracked.com/article_24022_7-modern-social-issues-that-are-older-than-you-think.html
>>
File: wew.jpg (22 KB, 552x431) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
22 KB, 552x431
holy shit this is worse than buzzfeed and huffpo combined
>>
several years ago
>>
>>74972084
I miss 2000's Cracked.
Their top ten lists were about shit I legit didn't know, like badasses throughout history, poisonous creatures, horrible ways people died. It was good reads for takin a shit you know

What happened
>>
>>74972084
I'm not sure... At a guess it might have been around 2012. 2011 I'm pretty sure I was travelling and it was still decent - I'd download articles through rss over hostel wifi. 2012 was when I made it to France and it still had some fun content but I'm pretty sure that's when it started to shift since I'd stopped reading it by the time I got back to the UK the year after
>>
>>74972084
Years ago I used to work a job in an office on a ship for a few months. I used to read all of their clickbait style articles because they were actually kind of amusing. Stay up all night and read "Top 10 cute animals (that can actually kill you). Their photoshop contests were funny and so were their videos.

I think a few years ago they started writing really SJW style shit. Their fucking new audience is just as terrible.
>>
>>74972371
OSullivans law
same thing happened to a lot of funny sites
>>
We've spoken about this. As someone who has read cracked for years and looked at trends I've reached a conclusion.
In 2011 they lost a lot of popularity. They went from being one of the most popular fun sites people shared to a site that barely survives. I am not sure what happened that made people lose interest in cracked, but in 2011 they only got like 40% clicks they got before 2011.
This caused panic at cracked. Some people left, they downsized the company and they decided that they are going to go extra hard on clickbait and/or pandering to feminists.
In 2011 they started pumping out more clickbait articles and really dumb content full of feminist shit, like overanalyzing movies to tell you how they're secretly sexist. This cause a little surge in cracked popularity. Their stocks went up until somewhere around the end of 2012.

After 2012 their viewership started dropping again and they started going so hard on clickbait, feminism and racism that the site got completely destroyed. The moment I stopped reading them is when they said that Rocky is a movie about racism. They went so far left they alienated their entire reader base, they hired a bunch of feminists, all the cool people left the company and the site got completely fucked.
>>
>>74972084
it was winter of 2012/early 2013 when the went ultra faggy. i refuse to give them views now
>>
File: AdviceHitler.jpg (81 KB, 640x842) Image search: [Google]
AdviceHitler.jpg
81 KB, 640x842
>>74972084
When it became popular

That's how the liberal parasite works.
>>
They still occasionally make a funny video but the articles are all garbage
>>
>>74973198
The only funny videos are made by the guys who used to be called Those Aren't Muskets.
Check them out on youtube. These guys made Cracked popular.

I love Michael Swaim. That's the guy who stars in Does Not Compute series.
This one is probably my favorite video of theirs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsaFO3B_GhM

I loved these guys. Shame they're cucked by cracked.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-24-11-55-19-1.png (123 KB, 1080x1751) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-24-11-55-19-1.png
123 KB, 1080x1751
>>74972084
Because that's exactly who they cater to now. Retarded women browsing it through gender studies class.
>>
>>74972084
>sound like the were written by liberal cucks
try to guess why
>>
I wanna say it went to shit around to 2012 or 2013 when David Schlong went full SJW
>>
>>74972790
It happened around the time they got a literal cat lady named Christina H. as a guest editor, and of course she made the most feminist pandering article at the time, something like "10 reasons why i'm sad and lonely" and almost the entire fanbase hated it, they were vocally displeased and it showed in the comments section. Cracked staff noted this and saw how it attracted clickers, and told Christina to make more shitty articles until she was probably the most hated writer on the site. But people kept showing up to the comments section to say how bad her articles are, inadvertently giving them views.

The staff and editors, especially Wong, were going broke after their book deals weren't working out. Swaim was becoming more and more unpopular even though he was generally funny. John Cheese started writing more depressing unfunny articles about his life and that only attracted the sad NEET types. Staff saw this and deliberately got rid of all their past editors and started paying people with a """"more modern and diversity-oriented perspective"""" (Wong's actual words). The rest is history.

t. Cracked forum administrator for 2 years
>>
I used to read Cracked every day
I learned about cool things like Simo Hayha, based Tito, the Bagger 288, that ancient underground city, the Emu war, etc

Now is just SJW bullshit and repeating the same photoplasty contests, or at least it was like that the last time I checked
>>
>>74974547
It's a shame, because people like seanbaby have lost their edge trying to be PC and their jokes suffer for it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.