[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2503x2438) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2503x2438
experiencing the fall of Rome?

>or is that an over exaggeration?
>>
>>74958047
Yes we are our $ is worthless and our debt is enormous we will fall within a few years
>>
>>74958047
People compare >"current year" to the fall of Rome all the time but nobody on here even knows how the actual fall of Rome happened. It wasn't "degeneracy", but the gradual decline of infrastructure during the crisis of the third century and the replacement of a disciplined citizen army with barbarian mercenaries.
>>
>>74958047
You are, though Rome lasted for a few thousand more years than you managed to hold out.
>>
File: 16816541515.jpg (47 KB, 1159x736) Image search: [Google]
16816541515.jpg
47 KB, 1159x736
>>74958047

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0XVgioi29I

We are indeed.
>>
>>74958047
we're experiencing the fall of the Roman Republic, get ready for the Empire lads
>>
>>74958211
Didn't they allow the goths to stay in their protection from the Huns.

But then the goths got mad because some corrupt people took the "gibs".
>>
>>74958047
This is less the fall of western civilization, and more the cessation of the climb. This is more akin to Rome peaking, then fucking up as they attempted to control their gains.

Barring massive civilian revolt or significant global war, we are probably going to see a couple hundred year decline while someone starts to see a significant rise.

I'd actually put my bets on war though, falling empires fight hard to try and come back, and our ability to fight has increased massively with our technology.
>>
>>74958047
during roman times other civilizations existed.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 720x960
>>74958827
What would life be like in America or Canada during that 200 year decline? If it were to happen
>>
>>74958211
>it wasn't degeneracy
But surely it helped, and our degeneracy is out of control
>gradual decline of infrastructure
I think we can say our infrastructure, while amazing in the past, hasn't improved compared to the rest of the world's (not that we need high speed trains, flying is more efficient in our country, but still, look at the other parts of infrastructure)
>replacement of a disciplined citizen army
Look at what they're trying to do with the 2nd amendment every day. Along with the rise of degeneracy, falls "respect" for the ability to defend ourselves
>>
>>74959254
"Degeneracy" destroys any kind of family life suitable to raise a child in.

Everything else just follows suit I imagine
>>
>>74959254
>America is the entirety of Western civilization
Not everyone's infrastructure is as shitty as yours. And by "citizen army" I mean your actual army (which is in excellent shape) not redneck militias innawoods.
>>
>>74958047
Yes but it will be slow and painful. There will be major schisms in the west over the next few decades as the EU collapses under its own weight. The fallen triumvirates will fight amongst themselves for the scraps while the eternal jew consolidates power unchecked.
>>
>>74958047
Germanic tribes destroy rome. Germany destroys europe. I'm sensing a trend.
>>
>>74960111
>trips
>of
>truth
>>
>>74958047
Yes. Osama Bin Laden is our Germaic Warriors,
A corrupt aristocracy, weak leaders.
>>
>>74960111
Germanic tribes enter the Empire
Germanic warriors enter the military
Germanic warriors become the over whelming majority of the military
Germanic solidiers sack Rome
Who stops them?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.