[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should we drug test people who are on government aide?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: 1463758086090.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1463758086090.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
Should we drug test people who are on government aide?
>>
there shouldn't be any government aid in the first place
>>
>>74863271
Based.
>>
>>74863271
this desu, no foreign aid either except that milk we send to disaster zones with high incidences of lactose intolerance
>>
>>74863152
The cost of doing so would outweigh the potential savings.
>>
>>74863552
>The cost of doing so would outweigh the potential savings.
It's not about saving money.
>>
>>74863271
This. Unless you have no fucking legs or something you can make your own living.

No retirement savings bullshit either, save your own money you old sack of shit.
>>
>>74863152
>Should we drug test people who are on government aide?

No because it's been shown to not work.
>>
>>74863609
>No retirement savings bullshit either, save your own money you old sack of shit.
And if the savings plan was national(ized) but voluntary?
>>
>>74863618
>No because it's been shown to not work.
I assume you mean the misreported outcome in Florida?
>>
>>74863618
Explanation pls?
I'm in support of drug testing those on welfare.
Is it the fact that they can fake their urine?
>>
>>74863591
Well, i'm glad you have some money to spare for such projects. I personally could think of a few better ways to piss away millions in tax dollars.
>>
no because it's piss-easy to get around those things and now the tests are useless but it's an extra thing we're paying for anyway

STOP MAKING ME PAY FOR NIGGERS IM SICK OF IT
>>
>>74863152
No. We should have them filling in potholes and severely restrict what kind of food gimmebux cards will swipe for.
>>
>>74863768
>I'm in support of drug testing those on welfare.

You should support drug testing corrupt Republican politicians.
>>
>>74863591
Then it's just vindictive and petty.
>>
>>74863829
>STOP MAKING ME PAY FOR NIGGERS IM SICK OF IT

This is literally the reason stuff like this is passed.

"we're not racist, expect yes we are."

Face it, you only hate Obama because he's a NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
>>
>>74863981

Yes, I'm racist. so? Fuck off, stop stealing my money.
>>
>>74863591
A
>>
>>74863818
You get realized savings from people that have to give up their drug habits to keep getting government dosh. The savings isn't from disqualifying people from benefits.

Also we have billions to piss away on Syrians and "fighting climate change in developing nations" so yeah we do have extra millions to piss away.
>>
But people who are addicted to drugs still deserve to eat! They just need support to get through their problems!
>>
>>74863591
thats literally the only valuable reason. Anything else is purely muh feels and contributes nothing.
>>
>>74863152
The only reason this was ever done (in Florida) was because the governor made profits from the hospital.
Horrible failure at policy (one percent failed) because taxpayers lined a politicians pockets for no benefit.

But hey, we could always try to do things that didn't work again and again and again and again and again and again like our government loves to do.
>>
>>74863152
Yes.
>>74863271
Yes.
>>
>>74863591
For somebody who has almost definitely came down on people for caring too much about "feels" rather than "reals" this is the most "MUH FEELS" post
>>
>>74864266
>But hey, we could always try to do things that didn't work again and again and again and again and again and again

Republicans love doing this.
>>
>>74863972
>Then it's just vindictive and petty.
Hardly. It's about law and order, and saving lives.

Also it's not their fucking money it's my money. How I spend it and the conditions I put on it are not up for their judgement. If I say they must dance a jig to get the money then that's the requirement. If i say they must follow the drug law then that's the requirement.

Lets put it this way; is it vindictive and petty to not allow people with 100K + income to claim low income benefits?

If so why is that law one people must follow and not drug laws?
>>
>>74864239
>thats literally the only valuable reason. Anything else is purely muh feels and contributes nothing.
How about saving lives? Both literally and figuratively?
>>
>>74864266

Yea...scheduling your drug test in advance (which is how this was done in Florida) makes drug testing pointless. It was basically created to fail from day 1
>>
>>74864372
No shit lord, politicians love doing those things.
It's not one side or another, it's crooks in three piece suits.
>>
>>74864428
>How about saving lives?
How does making welfare recipients take drug tests save lives?

How is that actually valuable to the government? You realize any government, state or federal wants a REAL valuable reason to do things and doesn't delve into sink hole bullshit.

The reason it happened in florida was because the governor was lining his pockets. Thats his valuable reason, not to anyone else but himself
>>
>>74863829
>nurse watches piss go from dick to cup
>piss easy to get around

Not on my watch. And if they're too shy to pee in front of em, no welfare. I dont give a shit.
>>
File: 1424328372669.png (86 KB, 626x348) Image search: [Google]
1424328372669.png
86 KB, 626x348
>>74864131
>You get realized savings from people that have to give up their drug habits to keep getting government dosh. The savings isn't from disqualifying people from benefits.

It's easy to bypass these tests and the amount of those on welfare taking illegal narcotics is not significant enough to justify the cost. I think it's immoral and if they are found to be misusing welfare money to support crime then they should be punished, but a national testing campaign is just ridiculous. You really want to give the government one more job it will fuck up?

>Also we have billions to piss away on Syrians and "fighting climate change in developing nations" so yeah we do have extra millions to piss away.

So because our government wastes money on stupid projects, it justifies spending more money on more stupid projects? Just stop.
>>
>>74863152
YES. Would give all the niggers and faggot stoners either an incentive to work or get off their addiction.
>>
>>74864578
>And if they're too shy to pee in front of em, no welfare. I dont give a shit.

the problem is that the bureaucracy is too inefficient and would never allow this to happen. I'm sorry, drug testing niggers on welfare is not realistic. its best we abolish it all together. or murder all the niggers
>>
>>74863591
In that case all citizens should be randomly drug tested once a year to make sure they are not breaking the law, kind of like when the IRS audits people.
>>
>>74864559
>How does making welfare recipients take drug tests save lives?
If forces them to stop taking drugs to keep getting money.

I like how you have latched onto the progressive media interpretation of what happened in Florida.
>>
>>74864862
>In that case all citizens should be randomly drug tested once a year to make sure they are not breaking the law, kind of like when the IRS audits people.

Violation of privacy laws/constitutional protections.

Citizens accessing government services could however be subject to such a check.
>>
>>74864896
Hardly, this didn't work elsewhere because bureaucracy is too thick.

I like how you think that my statement was automatically false even though thats what happened and florida didn't catch any significant number of drug users.

You can't create an efficient system to enforce it. Its the same way a state worker would get around a drug test "oh before we can hire you we need to drug test" ok fine, the guy spends a week or two detoxing and drinking tons of water, B-12 supplements and cranberry juice to get rid of all that pot. Since the state couldn't be bothered to order more expensive hair tests they'll never catch a stoner that dilutes his piss so much that the concentration isn't picked up at all.

Can you even cite the Florida example in anyway as successful? Because according to you either saying it failed is "progressive media" shit or saying it only got a mere 1% is "progressive media" shit
>>
>>74864061
FUCKING
>>
>>74863271
fpbp
>>
>>74863609
Retirement funds are here to stay. It's mandatory, state owned and literally the second greatest scam in existence after fiat money. I have no option to not pay. Employers have no option to not pay. Each government uses it as a big ass piggy bank.
>>
>>74863271
Fpbp
>>
>>74863152
hell yes. Gov workers have to be clean but these leeches are exempt.
>>
>>74865198
15 other states have similar policies and Florida was willing to keep the policy going until it was told no by a democrat appointed district judge.
If you think that 2 weeks and drinking water gets you past a drug test that is comical.

The policy works. You seem to think that all poor people are drug users and that the testing should have disqualified huge numbers of applicants.

How about this, if I must pass a piss test to earn your benefits surely you can pass one to get them. It's only fair.
>>
>>74863152
In my humble opinion we should drug test people who drive irresponsibly for any drugs, but at the same time we should completely legalize weed.
It's a minor drug that would not do any severe damage if it was controlled by the state and controlled selling would do us all a big favor.
The retarded hype of weed being a gateway drug needs to stop. It's just a gateway drug because people get pushed into being criminals by the law.
I know many 50+ people who just love to smoke one every now and then and they're completely normal.
>>
>>74864974
Everyone benefits from some form of government aid unless you live off the grid inna woods and what does that have to do with privacy or lack thereof anyway. If it's effect reduces drug use, use it on everyone and let's finally win the drug war.
>>
>>74863591
Nice try Justin. But one piss in a cup will cut the leech off a lifetime of benefits if found taking drugs. You mean to tell me one piss test will cost more than a lifetime of benefits?

just cuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>74863591
~$8 for a piss test kit
~$14 for aides to tend to jamal's appointment
or thousands of dollars a year for benefits uncontested

i don't get your logic
>>
>>74863152
Yes. And they should have to submit receipts that account for 95%+ of the money they received from the government to ensure it's actually being used on necessary items.
>>
>>74863152
We should shoot everyone below 120 IQ in the neck.
>>
>>74865259
LEAF
>>
File: 1447146316591.jpg (51 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
1447146316591.jpg
51 KB, 399x400
>>74863152
Florida already tried that and failed. It's real easy to cheat a piss test.

I wish Republicans would look at past data.
>>
>>74865198
A fatal error a lot of conservatives fall victim too is not realizing you (don't) get what pay(little or nothing) for.

Likewise, a lot of liberals fall victim to the accepted idea that government can never operate in an efficient manner to achieve a specific purpose. Your post glides dangerous close to that error.

The government simply needs to spend the resources to hire enough people and open enough labs to randomly order people be tested in a fast manner. Sure it's expensive, anything anyone would want to do in a 3,800,000 square mile country of over 330,000,000 people is GOING TO BE EXPENSIVE.

Cost and difficulty always has been and always will be insufficient reasons to NOT do something. We would have lost the Space Race with that attitude.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.