[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Public Service Announcement: the word "literally" is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
Public Service Announcement: the word "literally" is for entitled bitchy women only. If you're a male with any respect for yourself you won't use it anymore. I'm seeing it way too much on this board which tells me Reddit is looming or some are just unaware it's a vaginal word.

Thank you
>>
>>74833214
That literally makes you think
>>
OP is literally fucking gay
>>
>>74833214
I've only ever seen it on bait threads.

e.g. "There is literally nothing wrong with (insert obviously wrong thing)..."
>>
>>74833293
so what if I am? At least I'm not a faggot
>>
>>74833214
Literally kys op
>>
I actually used it in appropriate contexts but have since stopped because fags like OP cannot distinguish and you get a bunch of BACK TO REBBIT replies for each use.
>>
>>74833318
The baiting phase was over some years ago when people stopped getting mad about its incorrect usage, now it's just used ironically and like every other meme word it will fade in usage as its comedic value declines.
>>
>>74833214

You are literally making no sense
>>
>>74833214
Furthermore, it's a libtard word.

"He's literally Hitler!"

Those dumb faggots don't even know what that word means apparently.
I had some libtard chick tell me her heart "literally broke" once.
What the fuck?
>>
No. The Left has already stolen enough words.They're literally not going to take this one.
>>
>>74833214
What the fuck do we use instead retard?
>>
it's too hard to use words like legitimately instead
>>
>>74833875
So just because some people use a word incorrectly we can't use it? You sound suspiciously like a SJW.
>>
>>74833964
it's not an essential part of any sentence, don't use it at all
>>
>>74834002
It's used when the situation calls for realism.
>>
Because only women need to clarify that they're not using metaphors.
>>
>>74833214
start using 'figuratively' instead, guys. unless you really do mean 'literally.'
>>
>>74833214

I know. I've fallen into using it and I don't know how I picked up the habit, but I feel like I overuse it, particularly in situations where the comparison I'm using is not literal at all. No one ever calls me out on it, though, and that makes it worse. I'll try to reign it in from now on.
>>
>>74834001
Nice try Jamal.

Overuse and misuse of the word 'literally' is a millennial SJW meme.
If you want to wade into those waters be my guest.
>>
>>74833964
actually? Who the fuck cares. Build better sentences.

you bring shame to Heidegger.
>>
>>74833396
Kek
>>
Hipsters and manbuns use it too. At least it's easier to spot a retard.
>>
"Literally" is a dreadful, tinny sort of word.

You should use a word with a good woody quality to it.
>>
>>74833964
You know you can say "I dropped my pencil" instead of "I literally dropped my pencil". Using "literally" for no reason just makes you look like a fag.
>>
Reminder that only lonely losers use memes in an effort to 'fit in' and be 'a part of a "community"' and be 'funny' despite being none of those things.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.