[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Hunter S. Thompson a libertarian/liberal/conservative/an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: rectangle.jpg (149 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
rectangle.jpg
149 KB, 624x420
Was Hunter S. Thompson a libertarian/liberal/conservative/anarchist? I know he hated Nixon.

Most liberals I know love him because
>pro-drugs
>memes

but he was also:
>pro-second amendment
>pro-Freedom
>pro-not giving the government more powers
Which are all things that modern day liberals apparently want the opposite of...

So, was he Based?
>>
>why don't you try shooting something other than birdshot, ya asshole!
t. Hunter S. Thompson
>>
No he was a huge degenerate
>>
>>74822370
remember, redpill always leads to shotgun
>>
>>74822482
he was the best degenerate
>>
>>74822370
Hunter S Thompson was about experiencing what it was he was writing about. Everything was as authentic as possible, he may have been pro-drugs but he was very much anti-drug culture. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was not an amazing book, but in one of the last chapters he lambasts the hippies to an almost absurd degree. It's a very good section, I highly recommend it.

I would say he's about as based as they get.
>>
>>74822457
literally as his neighbor is shooting him, and he brandishes a fucking luger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHeSC_Ws5Ic

fucking amazing
>>
>>74822576
He has a book, Songs of the Doomed, where he spends a midnight in the top of a library snorting coke with Andrew Jackson and plotting against his court trial in like six hours

he also has a crazy good piece about the cuban immigrant crisis in Florida, which I had no idea about until now
>>
File: HunterBeaten2.jpg (10 KB, 288x245) Image search: [Google]
HunterBeaten2.jpg
10 KB, 288x245
>>74822482
When he saw a Hell's Angel beating his woman, he stepped in to stop it and got stomped to fuck.

>"only a punk beats his wife and dog."

Unless /pol/ thinks wife-beating is Patrician?
pic related.
He was also defending your rights to bear arms.
>>
>>74822370
He's a reminder that the left used to be interested in freedom more than politically correct nonsense. He rode that road as far as it would go, which makes him based.

Just looking at him makes all of the liberals today look like silly faggots.
>>
>>74822800
that's not even that bad of a beating
>>
>>74823298
It's the p r i n c i p l e
yeah, in an interview they said he should have just come over the next day and had some beers but he pussied out.
>>
>>74822370

He also had an intense dislike for Jimmy Carter.

I'm inclined to place Thompson in the "Based" category. He thought for himself, for better or worse.
>>
>>74822800
I'm not going to say some guy was super based for doing something people should just do anyway
>>
>>74823562
>something you should do
>based
that's exactly what being based means
>>
>>74822370
He was a free spirited lunatic.
>>
>>74823729
Yeah, but being a free-spirit these days is reserved for 20-something girls who want to avoid real life and suck cocks in a foreign country during a gap-year, and not fighting for personal freedoms and meaning.
>>
File: 20160523_012055.jpg (162 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
20160523_012055.jpg
162 KB, 850x400
>>
>>74823884
>why aren't muslims, blacks, and indians dead yet?
>>
he was an unabashed leftist (supported mcgovern in '72 and expressed solidarity with marxists), but as >>74823207 noted, the american left was a different beast during thompson's day. unfortunately we're past the days when men like hemingway and hst were left-wing icons.
>>
He was left wing beatnik journalist who in typical fashion hated republicans, family values, everything moral and good, and excoriated white gangs like the hell's angels and but loved the black panthers because he was a your typically white cuck with no foresight.
>>
>>74824236
L
>>
Libertarian with conservative tendencies.
>>
>>74824284
>Trudeau supporter and user of black people's shitty memes
>>
>>74823298
That pic is after he had set his own nose, it was pretty bad.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (50 KB, 484x468) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
50 KB, 484x468
>>74824406
L
Hold it
>>
>>74823465
This is amazingly wrong. He loved Carter.

Jesus. You're high.
>>
File: HST_-jdj783Jsj8Hhd934.jpg (70 KB, 916x182) Image search: [Google]
HST_-jdj783Jsj8Hhd934.jpg
70 KB, 916x182
>>
He ran a Trump campaign before Trump was out of college.

https://youtu.be/xrBR1YxfJf8

Including irl shitposting.
>>
HST was based but all his copy cats are just a bunch of numales
>>
>>74822603
This is the American Dream. Gunfights with the neighbors.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.