[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Borg Collective is the ideal system of government. Communism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: borg_queen.jpg (169 KB, 1346x826) Image search: [Google]
borg_queen.jpg
169 KB, 1346x826
A Borg Collective is the ideal system of government.

Communism failed because people were not truly joined as one. Because people could not see into each others' minds, they could not truly cooperate. This was a disaster...people tried to "game the system".

In a true Collective, all minds become one mind, and society optimizes itself for its own survival.

We have the technology: electronic tracking of all of a person's communication, information consumption, and actions is sufficient to produce an accurate understanding of their mental state.

For social cohesion, information flow must be two-way: peoples' communication, including legal contracts as well as media consumption (browser history, etc.) must be visible to all. This ensures cooperation and group unity.

In this society, there would be a period of adjustment as peoples' degeneracy is discussed and mutually corrected. Then, we would become one, a mentally and sexually linked organism where everyone is home.

Fuck all forms of anarchism, all forms of Conservatism, and all forms of Liberalism that fall short of total integration of all individuals with all other individuals.

tl;dr: If I can't read a complete history of anyone elses' thoughts any time I want, society is fucked.
>>
>>74804254
>>>/x/
>>>/trash/
>either is fine
>>
The Borg are pretty dope, and one day I imagine humanity will be a collective. Indeed, I think our perspectives will change when everyone is conscious of everyone else's well-being. When your pain becomes my pain, helping you and helping me become the same goal.

That said, why did the Borg feel the need to forcefully assimilate when they could have just asked other races to peacefully join them? There was no reason to try to conquer all of existence when they could have just offered what they had and signed up whoever was interested.
>>
Why aren't you posting this on Facebook then?

Is there something you don't want everyone else to know?
>>
File: 1400074265429.png (97 KB, 850x1300) Image search: [Google]
1400074265429.png
97 KB, 850x1300
>>74804254
Fuck collectivism.

Individualism is freedom.
>>
>>74804713
You need a balance of both.
>>
>>74804533

Facebook is information asymmetry = unjust.
>>
>>74804479

Read "Revelation Space" by Alastair Reynolds. He's British. This is his idea, really.

Are you calling your own country's literature /trash/? lol
>>
>>74804484

The Conjoiners in the Revelation Space universe are exactly that... the Borg minus the whole "zombie communist" thing and with less rapey mind-probes.
>>
>>74804713

Individuality contains tyranny as well.

A true Collective dissolves the Self into the Collective, so that the individual feels only the pleasure/pain of the collective.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-000102.jpg (16 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-000102.jpg
16 KB, 640x360
>>74805354
I take the tyrannies of individuality with it's flaws, and pleasures over losing yourself to a hivemind.

Nothing more than a docile cog in the machine.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.