[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Under what conditions can I refuse hours as a casual worker in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (1 MB, 2254x1861) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 2254x1861
Under what conditions can I refuse hours as a casual worker in Australia?
>>
>>74740252
Work you lazy cunt
>>
>>74741116
Nah man, I have an interview for a better job and this is with nearly a month's notice.
>>
>>74740252
any you are casual however they have the right to stop giving you hours. Make sure your excuse is a good one.
>>
File: 1463328081606.jpg (48 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1463328081606.jpg
48 KB, 666x666
Get you some obamabux son. Feels good man.
>>
>>74740252
its casual job you mongrel, you can refuse to work whenever you dont want to
>>
>>74741442
That's what I am asking though. Do I have a right to?

>>74741291
They already know I am looking for a new job. I think they are deliberately trying to sabotage it though. I have two 10pm-6am shifts then a 6am-2pm the day after. Then another shift right in the middle of my interview day.
>>
>>74741804
>Do I have a right to?

Nigger they can't make you work, you're not a slave yet goy.

A casual can refuse whenever he wants.
>>
>>74740252
You can refuse any hours you want, just dont expect them to keep offering you any after you do so.
>>
fairwork.gov.au is the website you're looking for. Where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>74741804
>Do I have a right to?
Sure? I mean, they can't shackle you to the drive-through window. But there will probably be consequences for it.
>>
Lazy cunts!...I've been here 22 years never out of work...not even for 2 weeks...fucking princesses...go and get a facial together with your boyfriends hehehehe....
>>
>>74745844
You sound like one of those crackhead that stand out the front of the local deli searching for cigarette butts.
>>
>>74746537
Hahaha...I'm an educated person...for that very same reason I wont answer you the way you deserve Centerlink man...
>>
>>74744033
Yeh sounds right. And there are employment laws that protect us. End of the day they mean shit. If you're not making their lives easier they will find legal ways dismiss you.

I'm 43, long work history behind me. My advice is keep them happy and do what they ask. But if what they are asking is unreasonable and taking too much away from your family, and they're not people you can .negotiate with, then look for alternatie employment opportunities because... they won't budge. They have their business model worked out, both the one on paper and the one they will never put down in writing.
>>
>>74741804
You're an idiot mate. Just say no. It's not that fucking hard. The trade is: you work, they pay. That's all there is to it.

You're probably still a teenager, so this may be hard to understand, but you don't owe your work shit.

For fucks sake, tell them you can't work and get a decent nights sleep for your interview. It doesn't matter if they can't cover your shift, that's not your problem.

I understand what's going on because I have two younger brothers that went through the same shit, took them a while to realise.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.