[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you first realize University was a meme? >Go to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 499x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 499x726
When did you first realize University was a meme?

>Go to College
>Professors are mostly apathetic towards students
>75% of students are serial cheaters and have answers to all the tests anyway
>Graduate with little knowledge or practical skills gained
>Get job purely off of networking skills
>>
File: 1463879488834.jpg (264 KB, 1064x1600) Image search: [Google]
1463879488834.jpg
264 KB, 1064x1600
>>74704271
when i graduated with a maths degree and starting earning 300k

meme magic is real desu xd
>>
>>74704271
>getting a degree in a rigorous discipline is a meme according to 4chan

i guess you should just apply to medical school after high school
>>
>>74704362
FTV girls is the hottest

fuuuugggggg
>>
>>74704271

Thats actually all very true.
>>
>>74704271
>When did you first realize University was a meme?
When I made 76k my first year in a trade and all the guys who had been in for more than 5 years made 6 figures.
>>
>>74704271
i just graduated and got an internship as a systems technician thanks to my BS degree, enjoy working for an agency for minimum wage and unemployment swings every 6 months.
>>
>>74704271

The second I figured out employers won't higher anyone without experience.
>>
File: 1454558541927.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1454558541927.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>74704271
who is this semen demon?
>>
>>74704629
As someone who used to work in IT I bet I make more than you.

>going to college
>to be a sys tech
lol
>>
>>74704271
When I dropped out in 11th grade, worked my ass off on my skill for 2-3 years, and then pulled six figured before my old high-school buddies were even out of college.

Attitude is more important than aptitude. And I'd rather have a man with 4 years work experience working for me than a guy with 4 years college any day of the week.
>>
>>74704728
Daria Herman
>>
File: purdue.jpg (267 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
purdue.jpg
267 KB, 1365x1024
College thread? Where my fellow boilerfags at?
>>
>>74704931
im 21, starting at $16, full time, met the department looks better than all my previous maintenance jobs at packing houses, didnt have to move to intern its nearby, idc im pretty happy here and im sure no one can work here without a degree
>>
File: 1363838577313.png (39 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1363838577313.png
39 KB, 200x200
>>74704271

>graduate in medschool
>know nothing at all except for the theory
>get a job at a SUS emergency (SUS is basically the very low end of our "free" healthcare system aimed to slum niggers)
>also start residency at an other slum nigger hospital
>kill a handful of people while actually learning how do be a doctor
>after 12 months doing this I'm finally good enough to treat white people
>haven't killed a single one so far

It worked out alright, I guess
>>
>>74705118
>Brazilian """"""""""education"""""""""""
>>
>>74705118
Sounds pretty efficient brazilbro
>>
>>74705118
>>after 12 months doing this I'm finally good enough to treat white people
kek
>>
>>74704271
Back in high school
>>
>>74705103
>im 21, starting at $16, full time, met the department looks better than all my previous maintenance jobs at packing houses, didnt have to move to intern its nearby, idc im pretty happy here and im sure no one can work here without a degree
I was doing 64k at 19 as a low volt lead before moving into POS and then IT manager by 21. You didn't win by going to college, meanwhile if you spent that time in a trade you'd be making 30+ an hour with all the OT you want. I don't care if you're happy, I just think it's crazy that you honestly think you're winning from a money standpoint.

Even doing easy commercial HVAC I make 33-40 an hour and I'm not that good, residential I make from 22-100+ an hour depending on the day and it's been like that since I got all my tools.

IT is a decent field but you don't need college for most of the occupations in it and college is rarely a good decision fiscally.
>>
>>74705118
Treat this

Ppbbrrrtttttt *smiles*
>>
>>74704271
>75% of students are serial cheaters and have answers to all the tests anyway

i had the answer book to all my physics test problems it was the only way i could pass. Finally got my engineering degree and now 10 years later make over 200k a year have 300k saved up invested in a start up that looks like its going to be bought out by a major gaming company and I'll make a few million dollars. this is my face when that happens. All because I cheated. i leave the technical problems to cucks who think it matters.
>>
>>74705588
winning compared to a lot of guys i grew with, full time doing something I studied for vs working wal mart with arbitrary schedules. in this area i think Im doing really good. Im not saying hurr i got best job out of all of you. But im sure that none of my friends could have gotten a job like this because they didnt go to college and i did.
>>
File: 504861477.jpg (79 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
504861477.jpg
79 KB, 600x900
>>74704728
>>
>>74704969
What skill pal?
>>
>>74704271
>>75% of students are serial cheaters and have answers to all the tests anyway

I could be an asshole and simply make a rhetorical attack, but I'll entertain this, as I'm currently in college: precisely what methods are being commonly used to cheat? Because every test I've taken has a teacher in the room eyeing everyone like a hawk, and today they use multiple variations of tests passed to all rows so that it's impossible to cheat on the person adjacent (usually 4-5 different variations of the test, which you must mark "Test A-D(or E)" on your scantrons so they use the correct grading key.

If you're talking about writing papers for liberal arts classes, those are not actual tests of critical thinking, but mere compliance tests. I've had teachers fail me on the basis of pushing my politics, when the base topic was feminism, which is a political topic to start with. I disagreed with it, gave concrete examples of what I believed were ramifications, the actual changes which I believed happened in society due to it, and was accused of "pushing my politics", whereas other students who fellated feminism as genuine progress were given A's with shit writing.

As I said, most of it is a compliance test in liberal arts, but for STEM and scantrons, and math and whatnot, I can't imagine where the possibility for cheating exists. Even math exams in the most shit-tier colleges now are done on computers, where typically logs are created of any sites visited and/or the teacher has a multi-window view of screen captures to show if anyone is going to some sort of calculator site.
>>
>>74705985
>>74704271

I would cum so deep and hard in that.
>>
>>74705985
>>74704271

>wearing that shit in a public place

pretty degenerate desu,
>>
>>74704362

I wonder what her butthole smells like?
>>
>>74706094
I'm a teacher, and I work really hard to prevent cheating, but I cannot say so for my peers.
Sometimes I have to proctor their exams and their students are in a world of butthurt because suddenly someone is stopping them from cheating
>>
>>74706320

Probably dick.
>>
>>74705588
>hurr im a plumber and i make $1,000 an hour durr

its so great being an idiot, but at least you make $30 an hour
>>
>>74706371

What are the hardest forms of cheating to detect?
>>
>>74704969
well, this is the issue isn't it. kids are still being raised on the whole 'get a degree you'll be set' idea that the boomers were raised with, because when the boomers when the boomers were young it was true. few people had degrees, if you had one you stood well out from the crowd. now the ecnomony is different, education is different, everything is different. basically, don't get a degree just because, get one because you are intending to work in the field that you are studying. otherwise you're wasting time and money on a glorified wall-hanging.
>>
>>74706094
I don't know how the college system works in Canada, but in the American South we have influential sororities and fraternities. Over time these groups gather and retain tests from teachers and distribute them to members to give each other a leg up. Nobody says anything because their parents donate lots of money to the schools and professors know the kids are too stupid to pass their test without cheating.

It's institutionalized basically.

I know accountants and engineers who graduate solely because they were in frats and had test banks.
>>
>>74706320

smell your own
>>
>>74706094
As to how that system works?

Google Drive.

Literally they have accounts where 500
members have access to test banks via the cloud.

Source: Me having seen it. Classes categorized in folders by teachers and subjects - almost every major class in the business and engineering college.
>>
>>74704271
OP is a sex counselor whatever the fuck that means. I'd like her to counsel me on fucking.
>>
>>74706655
I'm just shitposting from Toronto on vacation, I'm from NY, and go to college there.

The teachers have standard policy now to collect the tests and scantrons during the class session; you can't leave with it. They flat out explain it's to prevent this.

>born too late to get away with this shit
>born too soon to cheat with some contact lenses giving me all the fucking answers linked to my smartphone
>>
>>74706597
The ones I don't catch and am ignorant of.
People who go to the bathroom in the middle of a test and try to sneak their phone in with them
>>74706655
This is why I never let students keep or photograph tests, no mater how many dubs they have
>>
typical young white male in Aus here...
I'm an electrician, finished my apprenticeship in 2013.
made 50k in 2014, 30k in 2015, 15k in 2016.

Unemployemnt in this country in fucked.
Currently enrolled for uni because fuck struggling to get work the rest of my life.
>>
When I did a Diploma in two days and have the potential to make 300k in a few years with 100k being the normal minimum for any idiot in the industry.
>>
>>74705118
howd you get them killed?
>>
>>74704592
Hm? What trade?
>>
>>74706928
Most teachers don't change their test up drastically year to year because they don't care. Also frats don't just share their tests obviously, they share their notes too which have essentially been distilled down to answer what's in the tests. Now is copying notes cheating? Certainly not, but it's not intellectually honest and something you would associate with higher Ed.

If I were an employer, it would lead me to believe that these students are no mot better prepared to enter the workforce than a high schooler fresh out of graduation.
>>
>>74706867
Most teachers here hand tests back to students at some point if they would like to review the material for a final.
>>
So they edit the notes after they take the test to create a record of what was on it for future brothers?
Pretty sneaky. Most of my tests have at least 30% new questions, but I realize I need to work harder on this
Thanks for the info.
>>
>>74705900
>winning compared to a lot of guys i grew with, full time doing something I studied for vs working wal mart with arbitrary schedules. in this area i think Im doing really good. Im not saying hurr i got best job out of all of you. But im sure that none of my friends could have gotten a job like this because they didnt go to college and i did.
Weird that I never went to college and shit on everybody. Even in IT half the companies I worked for just had me travel and I never went to a main office because it was often in a different state. A loser will be a loser whether he goes to college or not.

>>74706560
Sorry that what I do now holds more economic value than being Network admin #92889239293289. Unless you're in a front facing consultation or sales role in IT you're not making much.

>>74707183
The secret one that pays copious sums of money as long as you can sell or are technically skilled.
>>
>>74706371
>I'm a teacher

Have you ever fucked a student? (if yes, are you m or f?)
And do you think your colleagues fuck students?

I just want to know if it's possible that I can nail my hot English teacher who not only initiated an email dialogue with me outside of class, but also initiated conversation which seemed flirtatious on more than one occasion.

I'd appreciate advice on the best place to fuck teachers as well. I assume they prefer to fuck in their office due to the risky nature of possibly ending up a national scandal.
>>
>>74704271
When I joined the Navy at 16, did my 20 retired at 36, stayed in the reserves, now I am a fireman, city I am in gives you credit for time in the military, I work for 5 years with my entire paycheck going to retirement and I can retire at 90% of salary at 41, then I will move over to a nice Park Ranger job where veterans get first dibs and my military time is credited again, having a great time, thanks for your taxes
>>
>>74706655
a lot of universities have previous tests and exams archieved at their libraries. lecturers will use exam questions as worked examples. this is pretty standard throughout the world and doesn't necessarily make STEM subjects any easier, as you learn when you do a STEM degree, because the questions still vary over the years and the subject matter isn't necessarily understood by the student to begin with.

a very large part of undergrad is memory retention, because you're not doing original research and you have to have a basic level of previously-discovered knowledge to proceed. but you can't retain this stuff in memory unless you go through the process of solving the question time and time and time again, and learn all the non-standard quirks and traps until you can recognise them in an exam situation under stress. worked examples are an extremely usefull teaching tool, especially in more complex problems, because the student can use them to determine what they're doing wrong and what they're doing right. otherwise they're pretty much fucked actually, it's like trying to get someone who can use a power saw to make a regency oak cabinet.
>>
>>74706320
Bleach.
>>
File: stare.jpg (141 KB, 1280x793) Image search: [Google]
stare.jpg
141 KB, 1280x793
>>74704271
I got a degree in computer science, I realized university was a meme when literally no employer, from shitty banks on the east coast all the way up to silicon valley, asked me to show my grades or even prove that I had attended the school on my resume...
>>
File: 1416152184498.jpg (17 KB, 368x300) Image search: [Google]
1416152184498.jpg
17 KB, 368x300
>>74705118
So in Brazil resident doctors practice on slum dwellers until they're good enough to treat people worth the effort? I guess that's a good way to work the kinks out.
>>
>graduate from well-regarded state school with 3.6 and bsc in accounting
>no internships, shitty recommendations because garbage social skills
>now work 70 hour weeks for $350 and pay 20% taxes
t-thanks college
i just wish there was a sign that said NORMIES ONLY, GET OUT AUTISTS
would have saved me 20k in debt
>>
>>74708022
teaching hospitals are a common thing eveywhere. i guess in brazil they don't bother with supervision or the teaching part of it so much, they just give students a powerdrill and let them loose.
>>
>>74704271
College is a fucking meme. Do not go. The sooner these liberal hellholes burn into insolvency the better.
>>
>>74706984
Really? I'm doing HVAC and work for a small company and he seems to be doing alright
>>
>>74706320
India
>>
>>74704271

When I started listing qualifications from universities I never attended.

Just don't put Harvard/oOxford/Cambridge etc and no one will think twice.
>>
>>74708151
Yeah, but concentrating the teaching hospitals in the favelas is ingenious, in a cold and twisted sort of way.
>>
>>74708353

on my CV ofc.
>>
>>74708211
>HVAC
Residential or commercial?

Install, service, or sales?

What you guys make over there?

A big problem here is our overhead and 5 year shops fucking up everyone's reputation. Just getting into overhead I can't tell you how many times I had to lie to sell (break even for the company) on what was actually a callback because some retarded sales tech fucked something up.
>>
>>74707731

Lol yeah except you work 60+ hours a week. You have no life. I've done that shit before, it fucking sucks.
>>
>>74707817
Yes, m
But not a student currently enrolled in a class I was teaching, not that they haven't tried
I've caught someone cheating who tried to fuck their way out of it too
>>
>>74708484
And I get payed for each and every hour.

You do similar hours in any worthwhile career.

Sounds like you know the deal though and a lot of guys burn out, too bad there's a million and a half shops that will let you cut hours now days.
>>
>>74708355
it wouldn't be if they were properly resourced, which i suspect is the problem. because if they were so then there would be no difference between that and a western teaching hospital that services everyone.

also it would be a great place for trauma surgeons, because i bet a lot of what is coming through the doors would be gunshot wounds.
>>
>>74708550
Just imagine, in a libertarian society, they'd have blowjobs for extra credit.
>>
>>74709098
Honestly, many students would do it.
Especially pre-meds of both genders.
They're usually scum
>>
>>74709098
>>74709333
They already do that though.
>>
>>74706094
>I disagreed with it, gave concrete examples of what I believed were ramifications, the actual changes which I believed happened in society due to it
That's not how a college paper is supposed to fucking work, you retard. Nobody cares what you think. They care what you can support with academic research.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>74708211
yeah man.
Every single employment agency has nothing.
Like 3 jobs going in the whole of QLD.

every job on seek is just data mining cunts who have no intention of actually hiring.
>>
>>74710175
>Live in central WA
>Sparky started advertising for an apprentice
>Got in the paper because he got 300 applicants in a day, mostly Miners who no longer have jobs

It's pretty fucked.
>>
>>74704271
>university
why the fuck are you calling it that?

or are you a euro proxy?

we don't say that here in the states.....
>>
>>74710537
that's excatly me mate.

Sparkies applying for apprentice jobs?
you know it's rough when that happens.

I swear I've drawn so many short straws in my time.
>Leave school in the depth of GFC, get an apprenticeship because of 'trade shortage', when electricians were naming their price.

>Finish trade and jump onto the very tail end of the mining boom.
>sacked
>forever unemployed after
>too proud for centrelink bucks

it's really starting to affect me socially.
I don't even feel like an adult anymore.
>>
>>74704271
You know you can actually get a job if you pick a good major right?
>>
>>74710578
literal college masterrace
>>
>>74704570
This
>>
File: 1440716228034.jpg (24 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
1440716228034.jpg
24 KB, 400x397
>>74704271
More like
>>Go to College
>>Professors are mostly apathetic towards students
>>Graduate with little knowledge or practical skills gained
>Get into medical school
>250k in an area with no niggers
>>
It's more like:
>Go to college
>Students are mostly apathetic towards their studies
>75% of students are idiots, chronically intoxicated, or serial cheaters
>Who gives a shit
>Graduate and get a job because I'm not an idiot
>>
File: TheUniversityStaffMeeting.jpg (64 KB, 540x398) Image search: [Google]
TheUniversityStaffMeeting.jpg
64 KB, 540x398
>>
Got my six-figure software engineering job right out of college after doing a couple of summer internships with the same company which recruited me after I turned in a resume at the campus career fair, following the advice of another student who had just finished an internship before we met in fall semester.
Sorry it didn't work out for you.
>>
>>74706655
>>74706844
Goddamn.
>>
>>74705070
dikehoff you better get off my board
>>
>>74704271
>Get job purely off of networking skills

That's not tr......damn, it actually is. If it weren't for all the part-time jobbing I did during college, I would have never gotten a place in my new work. I would have earned way less, yes. But College didn't taught me anything relevant.
>>
>>74710072
Actually, you're wrong, and haven't looked at peer-reviewed scholarly sources in academic databases lately: they're full of the most banal "muh feels" bullshit with zero reasoning.

>kill yourself

Spotted the liberal arts major.
>>
>>74704271
yea ok faggot
>>
>>74704271
>When did you first realize University was a meme?
Before going there.
Now I have plenty of money.
>>
>>74716856
STEM papers are not "feelsy" shit

you can't interject any of that feelsy shit into your papers because its not objective at all
>>
>>74704271
When I was about 15 or so. However, my parents obviously weren't going to let me skip college so here I am. I don't cheat. I taught myself everything I needed for my majors in high school / freshman year. So now, I am sort of just waiting for it to be over. rip.
>>
>>74705070
tark livin boilerfag right here
>>
>>74704271
college is what you make of it. and so is life. so quit complaining and make something out of yourself.
>>
>>74708009

Did they do a background check on you? That's how they usually check for your degrees.
>>
>>74704271
>went to university
>go to mandatory sexual assault prevention training
>guys spewing the same bullshit statistics, talks about how he was "raped" and stalked by someone, talks about how people comes to him after his talks to thank him or whatever
>the whole thing is exactly what you'd expect, excusing women's poor decisions, explaining how women simultaneously are in control of everything yet have the responsibility of children
What was strangest to me is that most of the audience were faculty.
>>
>>74704271
Just become a professional student.
I bombed at my first degree, went for chemistry and had such a horrible gpa. I did a lot better when I went back for physics, but I basically just broke even. I'm going back again for my B.Eng. in mech engineering though and this time I should actually see a net profit of about $20-$30k after. Plus I live tax free since tuition gives a large amount of tax credits so it's not like I'm racing against the clock and I'm not living in poverty or anything. Maybe I'm not rich, but I'm certainly not poor, and the more degrees you get the easier it is to rack up grants and scholarships. Eventually when I go for graduate degrees it should be even easier to rack up profits.
>>
>>74704271

This isn't addressed enough. After college I can't fucking trust anyone with a high GPA and it's funny how companies don't give a fuck what your degree was actually in, only what the GPA was. Well you can fucking cheat for that. What's to say the person with a higher GPA didn't just cheat their way through, that they were popping pills and getting the tests from their frat bodies?

The person with the lower GPA is at least honest. People don't lie about making a lower grade but people sure as fuck lie and cheat about a better grade.
>>
>>74704271
>taking mandatory class for summer
>group project
>classmate tells me how she cheats through her classes
>just copies old assignments and gets 100%
>fails midterms and finals
>comes out with a C
>Women in engineering for you
>>
>didn't cheat
>worked hard
>got good job
>wasn't happy with good job and went to medical school
>currently making waaaaay over >200k per year

College worked out alright for me.
>>
>>74716941
STEM is different.

The post we were discussing was talking about English classes pushing feminism, and when they tell you to write papers for that shit with scholarly sources, it's a feels-fest masquerading as objectivity and linear progress.
>>
>>74704271

>decide to at least do community college
>jump through ridiculous hoops of fire to get all the paperwork and federal loans
>niggers from $100k/year homes getting pel grants and buying frivolous shit
>instructors don't give a fuck if you pass or not unless you have a vagina
>parking sucks, students get things stolen out of their cars daily
>feminazi sociology teacher with a hard on for white males
>attempt to transfer to 4 year college
>4 year college wants everything short of dna samples from my immediate family
>spend a month getting all the paperwork together
>college says they never receive it

That's when I said fuck it. Now I'm a systems administrator making $55k a year (rural public sector) with my shitty associates degree. There is no proof that having a bachelors degree would have put me in a better position. Why risk going into 4x as much debt and dealing with a bureaucracy worse than the DMV.
>>
>>74704271

When I found ex-cons in my dads union making more than college grads.

Literally hang yourself RIGHT NOW if you are a college grad making below 100k yearly.
>>
>>74717572

Yet here you are a japanese messageboard between the hours of 10:30-1:30 a.m.

You are a loser.
>>
>>74717455

>group project

I got paired up with a nigger that could barely speak english for a sociology group project. I told him I would just do it and got us an A.

I was also the only one left who hadn't dropped the class by the end of a group project in a required public speaking course.
>>
>>74717623
Not many associates worth it nowadays though, and for you to end up with 55k/yr with an associates from a community college, almost seems like getting lucky.
>>
>>74717422
Did bsc in chem too. Biggest waste of time in my life. Gotta do engineering or nothing now unless you can go the distance in med or law or something. Gay ass country this is that gives jobs to gurgheet over us.
>>
>>74717776

I got lucky with social networking and being good at what I do. I'm looking at a glass ceiling right now though. I'm at the end of a social networking chain that yielded 3 stepping stones.
>>
>>74717891
Yeah chemistry is a dead industry in North America in general simply because it's cheaper to import foreigners with generic diploma's in GCMS and whatnot.
You could of course go to grad school but your only job path with chem and physics is purely academia and that's a very very competitive industry. People in comp sci or programming and such that think their industry is competitive don't even have a clue how competitive chem and physics is.
>>
>>74718020
Already did. Watching ppl finish phds right now and working all sorts of random shit to get by.
>>
>>74705070
Ayy BTFU
>>
>>74717986
Time to start supplementing your income with asshole spreading on webcam for rich fags.
>>
File: tell lies on the internet.jpg (40 KB, 453x576) Image search: [Google]
tell lies on the internet.jpg
40 KB, 453x576
>>74717748
You mean people on 4chan aren't all 6'5'' handsome, muscular blonde millionaires, who get more pussy than a gynecologist?
>>
>>74717623

This is what gets me. Why the FUCK is the paperwork so complicated?

What FUCKING PURPOSE could gathering this vast amount of information possibly serve? I know its never used by these """"people"""", and that it is merely the byproduct of a system so broken that it is impossible to fix, but goddamn.

Fuck the paperwork. Fuck the loopholes and rules and stupid fucking shortcuts that you can't possibly know about unless you have been to school in the first fucking place.

Fuck the people who let this happen. Fuck.
>>
>>74705985
Ugly ass handwriting
>>
>>74707731
Network admin #92889239293289

100,000 of which actually know what they're doing and get paid more because companies want to keep them.
>>
>>74718105
Yeah that's the point where you simply should just not leave school at all haha
That's what I did and I don't regret it. I do still have an outstanding loan of about $12k leftover from my chem degree but I've been slowly paying it off. It collects no interest since I've technically not left school yet lol
I kind of feel like a deadbeat in a sense but meh, I live a pretty comfy life not gonna lie and it's only getting easier as I repeat classes I've already done at other universities/colleges and it skyrockets my gpa and allows me to collect scholarships quite easily.
I think this mechanical engineering degree might be it for me though, my gpa is like 3.9 right now and I've actually been getting emailed job offers so my illustrious career as a professional student might finally come to an end....
>>
>>74704271
Every 101 class is a joke.
>last semester
>astronomy 101
>"Most people don't realize this, but our sun is a star."
>>
>>74704271

Before I even started going, thanks to you guys. Going just confirmed what I already suspected: that most university's are diploma mills that exist solely for their own sake and sustain themselves off of federal grants and student loan bucks. Anyone who has a degree from my school (University of Houston - Downtown) has a piece of paper, and nothing more. All the teachers push communism and modern social issues, like how the "gender binary" is flawed. I sit there with a bemused look on my face and take every chance I get to take a stab at their bullshit and make it sound ridiculous, but in a humorous way, a friendly way that makes them uncomfortable.

Anyway, unless you go to a reputable school that charges you up the ass, chances are you're learning shit or wasting your time. So why am I doing it? Because the GI Bill pays me to go to school, and the type of job I have pays me more money if I have any degree, even a worthless one, so I'm getting a degree from a piece of shit easy school that the most cross-eyed motherfucker can graduate from so I can get a piece of paper that would otherwise be worthless if it didn't get me a raise of about ~$200 per month.
>>
>>74704271
what college do you go to?

my university is pretty good, sjws have a very minimal presence, and we are pretty white here in the south west.
>>
>>74717760
Only 2 group mates are reliable, but they are both chinese and confirmed cheaters. Doesn't matter for this class.

Other 2 are black and indian. They both speak english but are useless and don't get their work done
>>
>>74708550
>I've caught someone cheating who tried to fuck their way out of it too

>be teen girl
>get caught cheating
>tell police I thought it was okay to cheat because I've been having sex with the teacher
>teacher gets sent to jail with no physical evidence of relations actually taking place

murica
>>
>>74718431

Every goddamn group project going all the way back to elementary school I got fucked into doing all the work. Fuck group projects. They don't teach you shit about real life. Someone fucks you in the real world like that, they get fired and their house gets repo'd.
>>
>>74717748
So butt hurt it's sad.
>>74717572
What advice would you give someone who is a year away from qualifying for med school but unsure if he should just do PA or dentist school or just grab his kinesiology bs and run into device sales.
>>
>>74707057

357 magnums
>>
>>74705816
>have 300k saved up invested in a start up that looks like its going to be bought out by a major gaming company and I'll make a few million dollars.

you put all your savings in one startup?

i hope it works bro
>>
>>74718661
Or "corporate wellness" even... Not to mention xray/sonograph techs... So many paths
>>
>>74718374
>"Most people don't realize this, but our sun is a star."

The sad part is this is probably true though, I remember in a first year elective history class, the prof mentioned in passing about how night and day is caused by the part of the earth you are on facing away or towards the sun. This retard put up his hand and said he never knew that, this explains a lot.

and people still think university is really difficult
>>
>>74704271
>>Professors are mostly apathetic towards students
It's often because they are required to teach to get funding for their research projects. This also means that retards are weeded out.
This just means that cheating is not punished hard enough and no anti-cheat measures are in place.
>>Graduate with little knowledge or practical skills gained
Actually the tests and reports are often designed so that most average people will pass by just studying old tests and reports. The difference here is that to ace theses things you must actually be smart.
>>Get job purely off of networking skills
Yeah that's because you are one of the average.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 224x224
>>74705070
Similar school except not in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>74718661
>>74717572
>tfw trying to get into med school in the States because it's nearly impossible for Canadians
>Praying my pharmacy degree and experience will get me in so I don't have to go the Caribbean route

Better than suicide at least.
>>
>>74704271
oh yeah, all we really need are trade schools, but everyone bought into the "college experience" meme taking their libtard degrees and wasting their parents money because "it's not my money lul"

Universities used to be prestigious institutions where persons with ambition for research and knowledge pursue a degree, and now they are high school 2.0 libtard utopias.
>>
>>74718248
manlet detected
>>
>>74718294
also remember most people get into places like Harvard on a hand shake but thye pretend it's merit based, when only 8% is merit based
>>
>>74719106

This. All expenses paid 4 year drug binge if you have dark skin or a vagina.
>>
File: TopO'theMornin'.png (80 KB, 501x684) Image search: [Google]
TopO'theMornin'.png
80 KB, 501x684
>>74719197
>implying celtic potato niggers are tall
>>
>>74718294

They'll tell you at least part of it is to make sure that kids from wealthy families don't get financial aid they aren't qualified for but that never happens. My mom was single and a paraprofessional making under $30k at the time. Somehow they determined that $8000 of that was going towards my education.
>>
>>74719415
I was just joking but ok

>Average male height by country
>Canada: 1.751m
>Ireland: 1.775m

That's almost an inch taller on average for the non-metrics here
>>
File: 1459317193113.jpg (70 KB, 388x525) Image search: [Google]
1459317193113.jpg
70 KB, 388x525
>>74719885
And we are full of chinks and other kinds of slants lowering the actual canadian average, I am surprised it is not even shorter. You just confirmed my other post...
>>
>>74704592
I made about 300,000 since I finished high school.

That was about 5 years ago. A year after high school I was a NEET. The last year I decided to take off and just travel. So basically road trip to where ever I can in a day and gym.

Going to join the navy next month though. Try something a bit more challenging.
>>
>>74704271

My kid graduates in two weeks from a liberal arts college. He will start his first real job in June, at a finance company, at 65K, salaried. He just turned 21.

If you do things right, it all works out.
>>
File: 1351676968106.jpg (42 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1351676968106.jpg
42 KB, 600x400
>>74719885
>>74720240

>it's a 'manlets try to make out who's the least manlet' episode
>>
>>74720556
>Being a Jew
>doing things right
>>
>>74719241

Yeah. No.
>>
>>74704362
this asshole is talking shit but he isn't even shitting
>>
This semester, actually. Of the five classes I took, three were heavily focused on identity politics and social justice.

I learned shitloads more in one semester at community college than I have in one year at university. I'm currently debating on just saying fuck it to my Bachelor's, and just getting a job with my Associate's. Gonna talk to HR Monday to see about corporate hirings at my job.
>>
>>74720847

>This "If they're not poor and stupid like me it must be a Jew trick" meme.
>>
>>74720607
Where is Croatia when you need them?
>>
>>74721194
>Croatia: 1.805
>Netherlands: 1.838

What do you need Croatia for, leaflet?
>>
>>74721374
They usually pointlessly argue about this world's tallest country title
>>
>>74707829
What was your rate?

And what state you going to be a Ranger in?
>>
American higher education sounds so shitty but it seems easy to get a high grade in.
>>
>>74708484
What is thia trade.. Please tell
>>
First step be Swiss

>go to school segregated into different levels according to grades
>be in Sekundarschule (meaning average school).
>start looking for an apprenticeship
>find apprenticeship as an office worker.
>go to school for 3 years once a week and work the rest of the time at the company that provided me with the apprenticeship
>finish the apprenticeship with awesome grades and start working as a qualified worker in that said company
>Move out of my parents house
>Buy a car
>start gaining experience
>go take Weiterbildung courses
>get better jobs and better pay

Feels good man.
>>
>>74723832
Ending segregation was a mistake.
>>
>>74723212

What kind of English is that?
>>
>>74704271

When I was at university for my first degree, it was still a "real university". I was at the ETH Zurich and we had 3 "exam periods" over 4 years.

1 exam period for 1 week after one year, 1 after the second year and 1 after the whole 4 years.

Cheating? Impossible. We had to fucking learn and understand what we learned.

The US college system is a joke. You basically have 4 years of high school, just at university. How can you grow up, if you are not treated like an adult?
>>
Unmotivated jerks that chose their majors according to their high school results and not their interests.
>>
>>74704271
I really wish I'd just gotten an apprenticeship in my late teens. Its too late now really.
>>
>>74723969
Yeah, at least the dumb kids are put all together and don't bother kids that want to learn.
>>
>>74704629
Any tips on how to secure an internship? I'm finishing my second year and I applied to like a few places but they've all rejected me :(
>>
>>74724496

Your perceptions are not valid in the general sense, although they may be valid in local scope.

American education is divided into public and private realms. In both realms there are variances in the curriculum, and the admissions system.

Larger universities in low population states may have non-selective admissions standards because there are not enough good students to select from. In this context, the university may be considered "easy" because if the courses are too hard, half the student body may flunk out.

In the better universities, admissions are very selective (University of Virginia, some of the U.C. schools, for example.) These schools have excellent students and the course work is probably more difficult that what you had at Zurich.

In the private realm, there are a handful of top tier schools, both large and small, and they admit only the best students, and many of these are fed by expensive private secondary level schools or public magnet schools. These schools are substantially more difficult in coursework than most schools you find in Europe.
>>
>>74708009
I'm starting to realize myself that all I had to do was say I had a degree and they would give me a job.
>>
>>74708207

>"I couldn't manage to attend college, or send my kids to college, so other people should be denied the opportunity to do so, so they may become more likely to be mediocre, like myself."
>>
My friend recently returned from the US on exchange to a Uni in the 150-300 Global Range and he said the difficulty of exams and assignments and general organisational structure of courses in regards to things like universal educational standards and uniformity was really bad. Like exams were just generally not difficult or long and most assignments were essays that were 500-1000 words and didn't require any academic referencing. He did say there was significantly more assessment, but really, in my opinion less more difficult assessment is better than more, easier assessment. He honestly said that he felt the education we receive at our Uni (Which is not that good, I have no problems admitting If you look up the rankings of our Uni It just says 500+) was better than what he got in the US.

Still enjoyed his time over there though and can see why so many people go to Uni in the US, even If It is a shitshow of debt and useless majors.
>>
>>74725535

What state was the university in? What was the name of the school?
>>
>Ctrl+F powerpoint

You niggas serious? I've had entire classes where the prof is just reading the words on the screen.
>>
>>74725651
It was University of Tennessee

I understand that there is a great variance in the quality of Uni's in the US but for a semi-large, old flagship University It sounded pretty poorly run.

Then again rankings for Universities are almost entirely made on research output and not on quality of undergraduate education or employment prospects.
>>
>>74725843

Thank you for the information.

"Reporting indicates the school consistently takes SAT composite scores down to 1040 on a 1600 scale, below which admission should be considered a reach.

We estimate some students could be accepted with SAT's as low as 915. The estimated average SAT composite for admitted freshman is 1165 out of 1600.

18 percent of applicants submit SAT scores to the school."

Tennessee is one of the poorer states in the US. Sorry to be politically incorrect, but it tends to be full of lower class people from small towns with poor educational systems.

The better university systems in the US have a mean SAT range of 1200 for two out of the three subscores. U of Tennessee also doesn't seem to require SATs, so the remaining percentage who don't submit ACT scores could be really not that intelligent or academically capable.

In this kind of school, if you make courses too hard, kids flunk, and then you lose a payment source. In comparison, top level schools in the US have applicants with scores at 1600, and reject students with scores of 1600.

I'm not saying the school isn't good, but it's clear the school can't afford to be that rigorous.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.