[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm studying abroad in Shanghai next semester /pol/. Any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
I'm studying abroad in Shanghai next semester /pol/. Any tips on what I should do in the city and outside chink land?
>>
>>74687276
Avoid public transit like the plague and acquire a taste for Smog while you're at it.
>>
Ask /trv you fucking retard
>>
>>74687390
Already did Ahmed, was looking for a more redpilled opinion
>>
>>74687276

Learn a few Chinese words and be the token white guy. People will buy you drinks and generally be really buddy-buddy with you just because you're white and know how to say xiexie. Be aware of scammers though, the tea house scam is still pretty common. Basically, some Chinese pretending to be a tourist will start talking to you and eventually invite you to go to a traditional tea house together where you'll be served tea without looking at a menu and prices first, at the end they'll hit you with a hefty bill. If you ever get into that situation just call the police.

Shanghai isn't the worst for air quality, but it's still fucking terrible during the summer, I hope you're not asthmatic or something since it'll fuck you up.

If you wanna get out of the city, I would recommend going to Hangzhou or Suzhou, you can get there really fast on the train and they're both nice cities with a lot of history to them.

The high speed train is really cheap by western standards and will take you most places you wanna go, so taking the train is a fast and cheap way for you to see the country. I think you can even get to Beijing in like 6 hours nowadays. Beijing is pretty shit though aside form the Forbidden City. Nanjing is pretty cool though, so I would recommend going there. Also Qingdao if you're into colonial history/beer, since you'll find both there.

Anything you're especially interested in?
>>
Lucky man... Shanghai is best city in the earth. Compared to it US city more like mud hut for primitive nigger.
>>
File: 1463096026296.jpg (990 KB, 3345x1560) Image search: [Google]
1463096026296.jpg
990 KB, 3345x1560
>>74687276
The only Chink country that I would like to visit is Japan, even then I won't be as excited. Why are all countries out of the US so lacking?
>>
if u r white man it will be pretty cool experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7RMCmRnciI
>>
File: 1462373473181.jpg (154 KB, 1200x811) Image search: [Google]
1462373473181.jpg
154 KB, 1200x811
>>74691807
>74691807
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jGSerN_1sM

14:00
>>
>>74691807
fake, staged.
>>
>>74687276
Do not touch anything with your hands and then touch your face or mouth. This at least when your outside.

Wash as soon as you get home after being outside.

Do not drink tap water. Drink botteld water or coke. Do not drink shower water. Wash all your food.

Avoid street food (try it once, you'll get sick sure, but try it anyway). Try to cook all your own meals.

Each region has a different cuisine which is accessible in the city.

You will enjoy yourself more if your not looking for a hotel to shit in every 5 minutes.
>>
>>74692566

What he said is really important actually. In the West we're used to safe drinking water coming from our taps and street foot being safe, don't expect the same over there. If you see a food stall that doesn't appear to have a cooled place to store their meats, do NOT ever eat from those. Generally don't eat meat from street vendors.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.