[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>we are alone in the universe How can people even believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-05-21 00.44.57.jpg (2 MB, 2623x1313) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-21 00.44.57.jpg
2 MB, 2623x1313
>we are alone in the universe

How can people even believe this, the odds are impossible that we are alone and that other intellectual life exists.
>>
>>74665771
no hints of any intelligent extraterrestrial life + having an entire planet to worry about
>>
>>74665771
Many believe while others don't. Some people need to see it to believe it. I don't blame them.
>>
>>74665771
I want to believe desu senpai
>>
>>74665771
I'll believe it when I see it. 0 evidence is 0 evidence. speculation is not a good way to form your views.
>>
>>74665771
If ayylmaos exist, we should've noticed them by now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox
>>
File: m1-1.jpg (103 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
m1-1.jpg
103 KB, 900x675
>>74665771

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox
>>
>>74665771
if there exist life then they are dumber than us

if smarter, they would have just made a self replicating drone that would have spread from planet to planet. dont remember who came up with this theory but it makes sense to me

OR they know about us and for some reason dont want to interfere with our evolution. I find that to be the least likely
>>
>>74665771
No, the odds are not impossible, because there's not enough information to decide what the odds are. There are way too many variables that are unknown.
>>
>>74666122
So I guess all the abduction and government cover ups arn't evidence? For a red pilled bunch you sure are closed minded.
>>
>>74665771
>7 billion people on Earth
>alone
Are you retarded?
>>
>>74665771
I have a theory about this. First of all I should state I do believe the Universe was designed and I do believe there are other forms of life.

Now there are two possibilities.

>Everything is spread out so fucking far for a reason, so if there are other species, we can't fuck each other's shit up. Interstellar travel is impossible, there is no way to go fast enough for it to be practical to go to other star systems

>There are literally space faring races everywhere. There could even be a fucking Galactic Empire running things out in the Galaxy, and we are some remote outer-rim planet that hasn't been explored yet.
>>
>>74666666
>>
>>74666534
this advance shitpost cant be find anywhere else
>>
>>74666484
with this bait you might go far, kid
>>
>>74666484
>intelligent life exists
>the first thing they do on earth is abduct 50-year-old rednecks and stick dildos up their ass

ok.
>>
>>74667176
>>74666986
How do you explain this then?
https://youtu.be/WZt9j_BJ6sQ
>>
>>74667330
>a youtube video consisting of actors, dramatized scenes, and low-resolution pictures is concrete proof something exists

next time the perverts from outer space abduct you, steal something off the shelves somewhere.
>>
>>74667176
You are just mad they don't stick anything up your ass.
>>
>>74666054
Fermi Paradox is like us arguing that the depths of the ocean are completely uninhabited because we haven't seen anything, despite only being able to see a few inches into the darkness-- which was also a common belief during the time Fermi lived. We couldn't even get a probe down to the bottom of the ocean, so we assumed no life could survive in such conditions. We were proven wrong.

Our technology is so primitive we've barely been able to even look at our nearest planets.

At the scale of even just our solar system, the idea that "We ain't found shit... how can it exist?" isn't even a valid thought exercise.
>>
>>74665771
We barely have intelligent life here on earth, people are drinking themselves to death, eating themselves to death and murdering each other over pennies on a dollar. The closest thing he earth has close to a working society is like ants or something
>>
>>74666033
Actually, there's 0 evidence that life existed thousands, even millions or billions of years ago on faraway planets, but not that it doesn't exist as of moment.

Core of our own galaxy is 25000 light-years away, the nearest major one to Milky Way is Andromeda, 25 million light-years away and the distance grows on and on.

There's no way to know, unless I'm unaware of something, but following basic knowledge in physics, the light that reaches us from those distances, is from the past - therefore we are looking that deep into past.
>>
>>74665771
>the odds are impossible
Proof? Aren't you making assumptions that may not be true?
>>
>>74665771
If every civilization only lasts a few thousand years the problem isn't the vastness of space, the problem is the infinite vastness of time
>>
>>74665771
Its weird... how can matter and energy that is not alive create something with consciousness (us)? Its stunning to think about it...

So no, we are not alone in the universe. Also, since we're live-beings, we can probably seed other worlds, perhaps from afar but has a great environment for life.
>>
File: 4chan hiroshima bombs.jpg (155 KB, 676x673) Image search: [Google]
4chan hiroshima bombs.jpg
155 KB, 676x673
>>74665771
Spend enough time on 4chan and you will doubt there is intelligent life on Earth let alone anywhere else.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.