[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NORDSPHERE ONLY THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10
File: nordsphere.png (193 KB, 800x524) Image search: [Google]
nordsphere.png
193 KB, 800x524
You are only allowed in this thread if vikings settled in your country.
>>
>>74481418
Fuck off this is Norman land.
>>
>>74481516
>Norman
doesn't even know what it comes from
You were conquered by the vikings turned french with a norse leader but mostly danish crew. We called him Vilhjalm Ruðajarl, Wildhelmet earl of rouen. His grandfather was called gange rolf, because he was so big and had difficulties walking, and was driven by the country by his relative Harald the first.
>even then, you language is also been classified as not western germanic, but scandinavian.
>>
Op you also lack helluland, vinland, and helluland and there were more people living in the eastern settlements on greenland aka austbygda
>>
File: Gokstadskipet.jpg (970 KB, 798x1197) Image search: [Google]
Gokstadskipet.jpg
970 KB, 798x1197
>A substantial portion of Ibn Fadlan's account is dedicated to the description of a people he called the Rūs روس or Rūsiyyah. Most scholars identify them with the Rus' or Varangians, which would make Ibn Fadlan's account one of the earliest portrayals of Vikings.

>The Rūs appear as traders who set up shop on the river banks nearby the Bolğar camp. They are described as having bodies tall as (date) palm-trees, with blond hair and ruddy skin. They are tattooed from "fingernails to neck" with dark blue or dark green "tree patterns" and other "figures" and that all men are armed with an axe, sword and long knife.

>Ibn Fadlan describes the Rus as "perfect physical specimens" and the hygiene of the Rūsiyyah as disgusting (while also noting with some astonishment that they comb their hair every day) and considers them vulgar and unsophisticated.
>>
>>74482268
sorry *markland*
>>
File: vk_the_oseberg.jpg (264 KB, 696x465) Image search: [Google]
vk_the_oseberg.jpg
264 KB, 696x465
>>74482275
>I have seen the Rus as they came on their merchant journeys and encamped by the Itil. I have never seen more perfect physical specimens, tall as date palms, blond and ruddy; they wear neither tunics nor kaftans, but the men wear a garment which covers one side of the body and leaves a hand free. Each man has an axe, a sword, and a knife, and keeps each by him at all times. Each woman wears on either breast a box of iron, silver, copper, or gold; the value of the box indicates the wealth of the husband. Each box has a ring from which depends a knife. The women wear neck-rings of gold and silver. Their most prized ornaments are green glass beads. They string them as necklaces for their women.
Ibn Fadlan, on the Rus merchants at Itil, 922.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_ibn_Fadlan
>>
File: 9245143.jpg (20 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
9245143.jpg
20 KB, 320x320
>>74481418
>>
>>74481418
I wish the Vikings would come back and kill all these niggers
>>
We have a Norse name and the native Jersey language has Norse words.
>>
leif erikson pseudo settled newfoundland, but then left. faggot
>>
>>74482364
>As for the Rus, they live on an island ... that takes three days to walk round and is covered with thick undergrowth and forests; it is most unhealthy. ... They harry the Slavs, using ships to reach them; they carry them off as slaves and…sell them. They have no fields but simply live on what they get from the Slav's lands. ... When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."
—Ibn Rustah,
>>
File: we wuz wikingz.png (15 KB, 1484x106) Image search: [Google]
we wuz wikingz.png
15 KB, 1484x106
The heritage lives on
>>
>>74481418
They tried

Didn't get very far
>>
>>74482275
>hygiene of the Rūsiyyah as disgusting
Eystein Halfdansson (Old Norse: Eysteinn Hálfdansson) was the son of Halfdan Hvitbeinn of the House of Yngling according to norse tradition. He inherited the throne of Romerike. Ari Thorgilsson in his Íslendingabók calls him Eystein Fart (Old norse: Eystein fret),[1]

>he was muches feared by the irsish who called him the fart king

>be irish
>hear some loud sounds in the distance
>smell it
>yet cannot see anything
could it be?
>IT'S THE FART KING
Rrrruuuuun ring the church towers get people to safety and for godsake burn all cabbage and peas
>>
>>74481418
My country has been invaded by your ancestors, Sven

Pay reparations !
>>
File: 1458385974837.png (25 KB, 393x386) Image search: [Google]
1458385974837.png
25 KB, 393x386
they had no chance, there were no gas masks back then
>>
>>74483067
We set the precedent during Kievan Rus for the Russian serfdom which lasted for almost a millennia and was worse for the serfs than slavery was to blacks in America as well. Sometimes I wonder why all our neighbours hate our guts then I remember that we're basically the Jews of the North.
>>
>>74482722
Just rapebabies t b h
>>
WE

WUZ

VIKANGZ
>>
File: kekd2.png (21 KB, 318x338) Image search: [Google]
kekd2.png
21 KB, 318x338
>>74483731
no, but vikings wish they where us
>>
Vinland reporting in
>>
They helped us getting rid of Wends and Balts, so they are O.K. in my book.
>>
>>74483067
yes.. we Sven! God damn you are ebil nuzi Sweden pay rep!

kek
>>
File: læl.png (13 KB, 1085x62) Image search: [Google]
læl.png
13 KB, 1085x62
>>74484119
>>
>>74483584
You might want to read on serfdom to educate yourself
>>
>>74484119
oh well after 300 years it gave in.
Surprised you didn't bring up the betrayal of Magnus Barefeet and fighting and honest battle.
>never trust an irishman

The potatoniggers were at least good trælls, only jews comes up with something like using lazy ass niggers for anything other than lobsterbait
>>
>>74481418
Cool, now I can brag that I'm a descendant of the vikings, shame their homeland is now ravaged by muslims
>>
>>74484755
You can also brag your descended from Turks.
>>
>>74484902
Only if Turks somehow become more badass than vikings
>>
>>74484178
vinland is in canada cuckanada
>>
FÖRENA NORDEN!
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.