[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this guy right? Is Joe Biden going to end up winning the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_ZoXZorz5.jpg (26 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
4L_ZoXZorz5.jpg
26 KB, 400x267
Is this guy right? Is Joe Biden going to end up winning the democratic nomination in a contested convention? Do you think Biden would be able to beat Trump?

https://youtu.be/pCj_XE_S_z8
>>
he is just biden time.
>>
Uncle Joe is pretty cool desu
>>
> contested convention

That's just nutty. Hillary is a cunt-hair's-breadth away from getting enough delegates to win on the first ballot.
>>
>>74395597
Yeah, a democratic contested convention will totally happen when Clinton needs less than a hundred delegates to secure the nomination.

Fucking bernouts need to shut the fuck up already and just vote for Trump or abstain completely.
>>
>>74395597
Are you retarded? Hillary needs 90 of the 939 delegates left to win. There will be no contested convention.

I'm not watching your shitty video and I'm saging your thread. Go shill your jewtube account on reddit.
>>
Biden would be harder than Hillary. I think Hillary Clinton has too much influence in the DNC to get so obviously cucked though.
>>
I'm not an expert on how the DNC operates, but a contested convention occurs when no candidate has achieved an absolute majority, correct?

But if there are only 2 candidates, a plurality is always a majority as well, unless both bernie and hillary magically achieve exactly 50% of delegates each, which is basically impossible at this point anyway.

So how can there be a contested convention?
>>
>>74395802

Hillary cant get there on pledged alone. She can only win it with supers and its pissing off the BernieBots that supers are flocking to Clinton in states Sanders won.
>>
>>74395667
>>74395776
I sorta like joe, just cause he's fucking crazy and a Trump/Biden race would be the most ridiculous meme filled election ever. But as president he would probably just be another 4 years of Obama.
>>
>>74396195
But that's a pretty unfair analysis. It's not like she is losing in the pledged delegate count and/or popular vote and is only snaking ahead based on superdegs. She's winning with them and she's winning without them.

Literally 99% would need to flip to bernie in order for her not to be the nominee, because even if she's just short of getting there just on pledged delegates, she would only need a small portion of superdegs to get her all the way there.

And THAT would be the true upset, because then you'd have a candidate (hillary) with more pledged degs and millions more in the popular vote losing only due to supers.
>>
>>74396128
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brokered_convention
>>
>>74397238
>Under the Democratic National Convention rules, "A majority vote of the Convention's delegates shall be required to nominate the presidential candidate" and "Balloting will continue until a nominee is selected".[7] The role of the superdelegates was established in-part to limit such conflicts and multi-rounds of voting on the convention floor, and instead allow the candidates to woo these delegates before the convention.[8]

So I was right. They can't have a contested convention. Literally impossible with only 2 players on the field.
>>
>>74397374
Yeah it's sounding like you're right. Although I'm hearing a lot about a contested democratic convention so it must be possible somehow.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/how-likely-is-a-democratic-contested-convention/article/2591087
>>
>>74397374
there could be a contested convention if Bernie manages to get enough super delegates to simply not vote for Hillary
if she has 49% and bernout has less than that, theres still a contested convention.
>>
>>74398152
It looks like they don't mean an ACTUAL contested convention. More like unofficially contested. And by that I mean bernouts chimp out because hillary won (even though worst case scenario she would still be ahead without the supers and the only way bernie would've won if is 99% of the supers flipped to him even though he lost the pledged vote)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.