[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of Atticus Finch and To Kill A Mockingbird,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: atticus-finch.jpg (50 KB, 740x385) Image search: [Google]
atticus-finch.jpg
50 KB, 740x385
What do you think of Atticus Finch and To Kill A Mockingbird, and how do you think it applies to America today?
>>
The book is pretty average. Message was relevant for its time. Doesn't apply today as Blacks now have more privileges than whites.

>tfw you will never have a childhood in the south in the 30's
>>
>>74365139
We're not here to do your homework, nigger.
>>
It's still weird to me that the book has a sequel. I've never read it, but it seems like the original is perfectly self-contained and requires no other addition.
>>
>>74365139
American literature is cancer
>>
>>74365139
very well written book. not extremely nigger loving. finding his more recent work where atticus is a klan member and has soured against the negros is a little difficult. literally blacklisted and swept under the rug.
>>
>>74365139
Its a great response to the "listen and believe" bullshit.
>>
It was always nonsense

>>74365409
That's because the sequel is the "real" story based on Harper Lee's life whereas To Kill a Mockingbird is a dramatization created by her editor.
>>
Tom Robinson dindu nuffin
>>
>>74365139
>hey guys can you do my 9th grade book report for me
Come back when you are out of highschool you underaged newfag
>>
File: 1463416917892.png (38 KB, 365x214) Image search: [Google]
1463416917892.png
38 KB, 365x214
Sage
>>
>>74365139
Go Set A Watchman exists now. Don't be an SJW faggot who pretends that Harper Lee was coerced into publishing it.

In the sequel, Atticus is a respected member of his local KKK chapter, which in turn just makes him seem much more based in the context of the first book - in his heart, he hated civil rights and northern influence, but he was a consummate professional who believed in the rule of law above else. Hence he passionately defended a black man who was obviously innocent even though he wasn't a liberal fagtard. I think that implication is what really chaps the asses of the people who read the sequel
>>
>>74365139
I use that book as evidence against feminists who suggest that alleged rapists should be treated guilty until proven innocent.
>>
>>74366519
Scout is hilarious in the new book too. She comes home after completing her college education in New York. Her internal dialogue throughout the entire book consists of variations of "baka I can't even" as Atticus, her boyfriend, and all the towns people go about their problematic business.
>>
>>74366827
I'm guessing you always 'lose' that argument because they point out that Tom Robinson is black, and therefore dindu nuffin
>>
I started reading the new book and then immediately quite when I learned Jem died.
>>
>>74366993
To be fair, she's from New Yack now.
>>
>>74366827
>I use that book as evidence against feminists who suggest that alleged rapists should be treated guilty until proven innocent.

You should bring up the real case of Emmett Till and other black men lynched.

That prevents them from going the "it's just fiction" route. And it also puts them at odds with their own predecessors much more radically.

Of course it's also a bluff because there were many rapist niggers hanged too. But they can never admit that, so you have them cornered.
>>
>>74365543
This. Perfectly applicable to the shit that's going on now.
>>
>>74365139

Liberal nigger loving propaganda! It's the reason stupid people actually think niggers might be human. Harper Lee burn in hell.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.