[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of polygamy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7
File: polygamy.jpg (176 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
polygamy.jpg
176 KB, 2000x1000
What does /pol/ think of polygamy?
>>
>>74221724
If you can afford all those bitches it's fine. It's even better if you get a couple of sisters. And even if bigamy isn't normally allowed twins should have to marry the same man, it would be cruel to seperate them.
>>
File: 83074_waffen_ss078.jpg (33 KB, 500x310) Image search: [Google]
83074_waffen_ss078.jpg
33 KB, 500x310
>>74221724
Non Monogamous relationships are degenerate. End of.
>>
File: 1463451259448.jpg (276 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1463451259448.jpg
276 KB, 2000x1000
>>74221724
fixed it OP
>>
>>74222147
This. Monogomy is the compromise between the sexes that allows society to function.
>>
>>74221724
four native american women and a black man

talk about cultural genocide, john redcorn will go extinct very fast...at least their kids will be able to say

WE WUZ NATIV AMERICANS N SHEEIT
>>
>>74221997
>If you can afford all those bitches it's fine.
Why the fuck would you work? You have 4 women. Send them to do the work while you shitpost, you beta cuck
>>
>>74221724
Monogamy is a social construct created to reduce violence and tension caused by the alpha/beta hierarchy. Objectively, polygamy is a good thing when the father can afford to raise all his children because it means he has good genes. I see nothing wrong with it and think monogamy is blindly followed.
>>
>>74222180
>180
If you had just made the middle one female instead of the far left, this would be perfect.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 860x860) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 860x860
>>74221724
the only thing that works is not putting limits on people and letting them fuck who they want

this is great if you arent a loser and bad if you are
hence only losers disagree with that statement
>>
>>74222147
Nice opinion, keep it to yourself
>>74222282
Society can function just fine with both types of relationships. Don't hold others back because you can't handle being an alpha male
>>
>>74222180
I came here to say this basically.
>>
>>74222516
>>74222483
We got a shitposter, and some form of degenerate/retard. I'll let the anons of the thread decide which is which.
>>
>>74222369
A man has to provide for his ladies.
>>74222379
There is the argument that if polygamy is widely practiced there will be a number of males who won't be able to have females. But that can easily be solved by having more female babies so there are significantly more females than males.
>>
>>74222697
Genuine poster. Monogamy is a social construct just like you said, so you already admit that your opinion on the matter is adhering to the status quo. Try thinking for yourself for once. If a person is fully able and willing to raise multiple families then he should be allowed to do so because he has proven himself to be genetically better. It is a natural and proven system.
>>
>>74221724
ONE MAN. ONE WOMAN.
>>
File: 1452155791396.jpg (61 KB, 453x449) Image search: [Google]
1452155791396.jpg
61 KB, 453x449
>>74222516
My opinion is the rule of society here. Though degenerate fagsticks like you will probably soon destroy that traditional value too.
>>
>>74221724
a reversion back to the human norm.
>>
>>74221724
I'm personally fine with it. But >>74222180 is a fucking autistic model if you focus on children, which you should.
OP's model allows for 4 times the classic baby generation. Anything to make more aryan soldiers.
>>
>>74222180
But that's polyandry.

Are you so fucking stupid that you don't know the difference between polygamy and polyandry?
>>
>>74223403
Polyandry is not true polygamy. Only polygyny is valid.
>>
>>74222788
Not every male deserves a family. It is something you have to earn. Widespread polygamy would cause tension and it is either a problem you have to address or accept. Monogamy was the solution but times have changed and society is a hell of a lot less violent and willing to kill over women so allowing polygamy will have less consequences than it did before. I don't advocate for it but I don't think it should be illegal or anyone's business.
>>
If fags can marry polygamy NEEDS to be legal
>>
>>74223150
Thank you for addressing my statement instead of rambling on about unrelated stupid shit.
>>
File: h.jpg (8 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
8 KB, 300x200
>>
>>74222180
Unfortunately biology says this is untenable for the species while the OP is beneficial to it. But of course females care not for truth or science.
>>
>>74221724

Sounds really fuckin expensive.
>>
Its allowed in the Bible, so its fine
>>
>>74223170
Traditional we were polygamous. Traditional values come and go. They are only worth a damn if the majority of society accepts them. Dragging them along does more harm than good and it is better to let go when it is obvious you are the minority (not referring to this subject but others that we have given up).
>>
I fucking hate neo/pol/. Fuck this place. I'd rather hang out at 6+2 chan with naziboos than surround myself with this degeneracy.
>>
>>74223431
>I am a huge fucking retard, please rape my face.

Polygamy is the practice of having multiple spouses. If it was wives in particular it would be polygyny, or husbands; polyandry.
>>
>>74223664
>woman
>rational
Pick one.
>>
>>74223966
There is nothing degenerate about a person willing and able to raise multiple families in an effort to sustain his superior genes. It is a natural and proven process that got us here today, and the only reason why you think it is degenerate is because somebody else told you it is.
>>
>>74221724
It's not optimal for a society in which males tend to survive to adulthood.

If the ratio of women to men is roughly 1 to 1, polygamy would lead to an excess of less than desirable men.
>>
>>74224212
They can't handle being alpha. Only problem is finding women that are fine with it and can accept that this works only one way.
>>
>>74223150
What's to stop the betas from banding together, murdering you, and taking your women?
>>
>>74223797
That's fine, if you are only able to afford one family, then have one family. Allow the superior members of society that can afford it to raise their own family.
>>
>>74224212
>Natural = good

Fampai, virtually all developed societies have been monogamous barring extreme circumstances.

Societies that are polygamous tend to either have a surplus of women, or are generally tribals that are a few steps above ape troops.
>>
It'll be legal in the US within 30 years
>>
You have a couple of guys fucking the entire village of women and alot of lonely men who cannot find women. Not a recipe for success
>>
>>74224444
Essentially it's one of the prime reasons the nigs don't achieve anything
>>
>>74224384
Guns and sons.

Or maybe I will advocate a movement dedicated to staying celibate with anime being an alternative form of sexual release on a Japanese cartoon forum.
>>
>>74224277
That just means you need more females being born. It's not that hard.
>>
>>74224579
Who makes the guns? And how do you know your sons won't just become betas themselves? It's bound to happen sooner or later. Otherwise a good deal of your time will be tied up fending off the beta clans. There's a reason no developed society is polygamous.
>>
File: on windmills.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
on windmills.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>74224680
>>
>>74224680
>need more females to be born
"Honey I'm pregnant!"
"Yeah! What is it?"
"A boy!"
wireclotheshanger.png
>>
>>74224302
There problem is finding a single one to begin with.

>>74224430
I am less of an advocate of polygamous society and more of an advocate of legalizing it and allowing society to decide. Monogamy was a solution during times of extreme violence but was perpetuated by religion. Now that society is calmer and religion is dying, polygamy can at least be allowed for those that want to and can. Legalizing won't turn society into chaos as evidence by the fact that men are monogamy in general.

>>74224444
We don't live in villages anymore Anon
>>
>>74224840
What is genetic engineering for $500

>>74224745
Whoever makes the guns now? An alpha male will not tolerate a beta son and if it happens and the family falls then it was too weak to stand in the first place. Many of those reasons are no longer relevant in the modern era and legalizing polygamy will not generate a beta uprising. They have already given up.
>>
>>74225125
On the reverse side, you could argue society is calmer precisely because of monogamy. History has shown that large populations of men with no access to women very quickly get rowdy and violent. There's no reason to think that's going to change, and the universal availability of guns makes any advantage your superior genes gave you greatly reduced. Essentially we would devolve into apes once more, bound entirely by the pursuit of reproduction. Unless that's what you're going for, not an ideal outcome.
>>
>>74225125
>I am less of an advocate of polygamous society and more of an advocate of legalizing it and allowing society to decide. Monogamy was a solution during times of extreme violence but was perpetuated by religion. Now that society is calmer and religion is dying, polygamy can at least be allowed for those that want to and can. Legalizing won't turn society into chaos as evidence by the fact that men are monogamy in general.

If fag marriage is allowed, I don't see why not.

>Perpetuated by religion

It's really not that simple, either. Societies that tend to be monogamous simply have balanced genders reaching adulthood. Ancient world? You'd be lucky not to die to stupid shit before age 20 as a man.
>>
>>74223561
>well i don't see any floodwaters so we don't need that levee anymore, g'head and blow it up
>>
>>74225453
If we're considering using high-tech solutions, then why not just argue that we make sex robots a thing? Cause let's be honest, arguments for polygamy aside, this is just about a bunch of guys who want their own personal harem.
>>
>>74225663
Also true, combined with artificial wombs those two things make this whole argument rather null
>>
Legalize polygamy and you'll start seeing a large share of men going without sex. Not a bright picture. If you legalize polygamy then prostitution MUST be legalized.
>>
>>74221724
POLYGYNY ONLY
>>
>>74221724

Well, if we're allowing faggot marriages now what logical excuse would anyone have against multiple spouses?
>>
>>74225453
>Whoever makes the guns now? An alpha male will not tolerate a beta son and if it happens and the family falls then it was too weak to stand in the first place. Many of those reasons are no longer relevant in the modern era and legalizing polygamy will not generate a beta uprising. They have already given up.

Okay, senpai-alam, you realize that alpha is a relative title, no? If you had a generation that was considered completely "alpha" by the last, the top 20% of it would be the alpha - alphas. It doesn't particularly end anywhere.

>It will not generate a beta uprising
>They have already given up

This is easily a reason not to promote polygamy. Monogamous-patriarchal societies work well because every man is expected to be able to produce enough wealth to support a family. So, say one producer produces 4x as much wealth as they consume.

If you start shaving out large portions of the population from things that are considered important for mental health, and they check out of society, not only are you missing huge amounts of productivity, but you may actually hit a point of negativity if it gets to a

>We'll just tax the betas into the ground LOL
>What do you mean taxing people into the ground is a shit incentive to work harder?!
>>
>>74221724
Hot for erotic fan-fics that don't take themselves too seriously... would cause alot of domestic and leagal problems if it were legal. Not to mentions most Christians religions are against it.

Thanks Mitt Romney!
>>
>>74225920
It doesn't benefit women. That's more or less the only reason.
>>
>>74225970

I said multiple spouses. That can mean multiple husbands. That doesn't benefit women?
>>
>>74226017
What kind of cuck is okay with sharing his wife with other men?
>>
>>74226096
>What kind of cuck is okay with sharing his wife with other men?
>What kind of cuck is okay with
>What kind of cuck
>cuck

Seriously dude?
>>
>>74224444
quads of truth
>>
>>74225536
Point taken. I still don't think it should be illegal, but if it were legal, it could become a problem in the future. MGTOW is a bit evident to me that beta males aren't willing to fight for even a single relationship. The damage will outweigh the benefits if what you say is true, I will look into it further.
>>
>>74225777
No, they can become eunuchs instead.
>>
>>74226017
No, polygyny is wrong.
>>
>>74225933
>>74225655
>>74225541
I'm wrong, sorry, there is little to no benefit from polygamy. I just hate the state deciding what free men and women can do.
>>
>>74226409
Fair enough, but there is a difference between making something illegal, and simply maintaining a stigma against.
>>
>>74221724
Creates a society of mateless males, producing societal conflict.
i.e. Islam, China, India

>>74222180
Fails to maintain viable reproduction rates of a society.
i.e. Wouldn't exist because it's unsustainable
>>
If a man is alpha enough to keep multiple wives at once then why shouldn't he?
>>
>>74226395

I'm not debating right or wrong, just the facts. If the traditional definition of marriage has been completely upended by fag marriages, then what logical reason would anyone have for opposing multiple-spouse marriages?
>>
>>74226641
Gender imbalance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxpVwBzFAkw

There's parts of this video that explain it.
>>
>>74226395
>polyandry
Shit, I'm stupid and words are confusing. Polygyny is the one that's okay. Guy with muktiple wives is okay cunt with multiple men is bad.
>>74226609
China's excess male problem is from selective abortion and the one-child policy.
>>
>>74226253
Well firstly I'd consider MGTOW to a bit of a fringe group, and secondly you're only considering how Western culture would treat this. You can see what I'm talking about in action even today, with all the single young male mudslimes pouring into Europe. They're all rowdy and violent rapefugees largely because they lack access to women, since even the safety valve of prostitution is denied them. They're a good indicator of what a polygamous culture would resemble.
>>
>>74221724
Is good because men benefit ^_^

>>74222180

Is bad because women benefit >:(
>>
>>74226211
What? A man whose wife is fucked by other men is by definition a cuckold.
>>
>>74226981
Well it's also bad because it's not sustainable. Women can't have enough children to bear the genes of 3 or 4 different males. Someone is gonna get shafted in an arrangement like that.
>>
>>74226879
You may see it as an excess of males. I see it as a lack of females.

The effects are the same. You remove women from the pool.
>>
>>74226983

No shit sherlock. The guy asked what kind of KEK wants his wife to be fucked by other men. That's exactly what a cuck wants. He answered his own fucking question.

Jesus Christ...
>>
>>74221724
monogamy being the law of the land (even if not absolutely enforced) is a prerequisite for civilization.

men without wives/kids have basically no motivation to produce beyond their own needs, which is kind of important for division of labor.

widespread polygamy = tribal level backwards cultures, even if it is probably better for eugenic selection.
>>
Why would anyone want to get yelled at and have their credit cards get run up by four old bitches instead of just one
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.