[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /pol/ i have a question for you. I dont want to be edgy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1433426817206.jpg (125 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1433426817206.jpg
125 KB, 1102x967
Alright /pol/ i have a question for you.
I dont want to be edgy but how do i become less of a emotionalfag? I feel like it sometimes affects my life and jugments too heavily and i would rather prefer to think rationally instead of acting like women do.
So, is there anything i can do about this stupid mindset?
>>
>>74194826

just ask yourself if something is really worth getting mad over if you feel yourself getting upset
>>
>>74195243
Thats what makes it even worse.
I understand that its retarded to be mad over some irrational things but i cant do anything about it.
>>
How old are you? If < 20 it will get better.
Also, maybe you just have too much on your head? And finally what worked for me, don't make decisions instantly if you don't have to, give it some time let the emotions fade then coldly analyse situaton.
>>
>>74194826
Accept Jesus Christ into your heart, repent and get baptized.

Sincerely.

http://pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYuSHz7uOv4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxMkMBXAVZ8
>>
>>74194826
Lift weights, eat more protein, fap less.

Worked for me.
>>
>>74194826
Need more context to properly analyse what situations you are un-necessarily being emotional over. But as a general rule of thumb, realise that if something doesn't affect you significantly in any physical way, you don't need to give a shit about it.
>>
Hey OP. I can relate a lot.

Some of the previous comments have suggested taking things slower so you can let your emotions fade in the first place. This could be a good suggestion but I believe that acting rashly/quickly is a part of being emotional. It is a very womanly characteristic.

There is a saying from my home country that when good things happen, you should not be too happy. If you win the lottery, if you get a promotion, if you find a girlfriend; you cannot be too happy. You must be restrained and calm. This is not to say you cannot be happy or that you must always be mellow. This is to remind you that good things can happen in life and that we can appreciate them. But we see too often from both boys and girls that when good things happen people get ecstatic and go wild - this is also being emotional. When things are bad - if you got fired, if you failed an exam if you got dumped etc., you cannot be too sad. These things happen. You see too many people these days when they get into a dark place in their lives they end up drinking, doing drugs or stopping their lives completely. This is emotional. Bad things can happen in life.

Of course "how can one not be too happy or too sad?" is the natural question to ask. It comes from being extremely grounded, relaxed and calm. Constant meditation allows one to be relaxed and stay in a state of groundedness.

Thinking logically is an effect of being grounded.
>>
>>74197194
Lol, it actually did (to some extend) but im on break right now since two weeks or so because of health issues.
>>
>>74197194
Wheymen
>>
Always keep this in mind, in good times and in bad times:

This too shall pass
>>
Quit being a pussy, eat more testosterone filled foods.
>>
>>74197864
Examples of "testosterone filled foods"?

I want to eat healthier.
>>
>>74194826

Takes time, mang. Didn't learn to harness my emotions properly until my mid-30s, used to freak out about everything and overthink shit constantly.

Practice, man. Before emotion takes hold, think of shit in flowchart terms to simplify and you'll be able to let 2/3 of shit roll off your back in due time.

Start with "Will my stressing about X all day offer any solutions? Can my worrying about this shit help in any way?" 99% of the time, you'll learn to say "fuck no, forget about it" once you fail to let shit get into your head deeply enough.

Not easy, but I'm working on getting my wife to stop thinking like a woman as well, she's getting there slowly but surely.
>>
Use these emotions to give you power and strength, especially over degenerates,instead vulenerability and weakness. Emotion is like a tool use it wisely.
>>
>>74194826
you just need to look at the bigger picture, liberals get emotional when they zero in on something super specific like a refugee drowning. Take a step back and see the large picture.
>>
>>74194826
Just grow up. I stopped feeling any strong emotions after 25, so will you. Enjoy the emotions while you still have them.
>>
>>74194826
Make a decision. Then wait for 24 hours. Think about that same decision again. Then think about that while doing something you hate, like working, and then while doing something you love, like (insert your hobby). Then you'll have enough perspectives of your same self to make a decision not based on emotions
>>
>>74194826
mindfulness meditation has been helping me with fighting my cycles of depression. Also exercise.
>>
>>74198290
Fucking this. My main emotion is anger. I channel it towards stuff that's currently ruining the world. Ranging from other races to anime. I'd rather feel anger and hatred for almost everything than sadness or worriment.
>>
File: image.png (391 KB, 649x430) Image search: [Google]
image.png
391 KB, 649x430
Legally of course. Slowly take the life of an animal with your bare hands while staring into its eyes as its spirit leaves its body.

Really helps put all this gay degeneracy into perspective for the cultural masterbation it is.
>>
>>74198992
Nah, that's psychopathic and degenerate
>>
>>74194826
Apathy...
Rationalize everything!
Grow a pair!
Take life lessons from comics.
If all else fails, kill somebody. It will get your mind out of thinking stupid shit like "OMG! I hate this dudes haircut!" (<- legit reason to take a life somewhere)
>>
>>74194826
Omg, op, don't ditch your emotions! I literally can't feel anything anymore and it's fuked up.
>>
>>74194826
Surrender to God and ask to stop being so emotional snow nigger.
>>
File: Golden-Age-Saturn-1.jpg (10 KB, 350x495) Image search: [Google]
Golden-Age-Saturn-1.jpg
10 KB, 350x495
You need to increase your Testosterone levels. Lift.

Learn about Ketosis and be very strict. You _MUST_ be strict about your diet and you _MUST_ be strict about your work-out regimen.

You _MUST_ get full 8 hours of sleep.
You _MUST_ meditate.

Go to the gym. Learn good form. After some time at the gym do whatever you have to do to get into rock climbing. Do Bikram Yoga a couple of times at least.

Most importantly understand that your state of mind right now is only temporary and is only what you are experience right now. Understand, *know*, that your life is something that you -- and only you yourself -- can actually change.

Internalize, tell yourself, that you understand that tomorrow will not be easier, but you will be a little bit stronger.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.