[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine this land. People are afraid of leaving their towns due
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: blackdeathdoctor.jpg (18 KB, 236x341) Image search: [Google]
blackdeathdoctor.jpg
18 KB, 236x341
Imagine this land. People are afraid of leaving their towns due to rampant crime. They walk barefoot in dirty streets full of mud, human and animal waste. They have lots of children and play a numbers game, as the probability of each one dying is very high. Once in a while, a famine strikes due to bad weather and a large chunk of the population dies. Whenever something strange happens, they claim "[Insert deity] did it" and are happy with that answer. Whenever something really strange happens, they think the world is going to end and panic. Whenever people become sick, they pray to said deity in hope of becoming better. Their leaders are always at war with each other for petty reasons. Still, most of their leaders don’t even know how to read or write. If some new method is invented, they accuse the inventor of witchcraft, persecute him and ignore said invention. The other lands surrounding theirs are economically, technologically more advanced and regard the former as a bunch of uncultured savages.

Which land am I talking about? Africa? Nope, Europe 800 years ago. How can you claim the white race is superior when up until 1400 we were a joke in the world? In fact, the first European countries to "break free" were Italy, Portugal and Spain because they were technologically more advanced largely due to Muslim influence.
Italy was the first to go through the Renaissance. It was brought about largely due to a rediscovery of Greek culture, through the Muslim translations of Greek work. It was also the European center of trade with the east, which had Muslim countries as intermediaries, making Italian cities the richest in Europe.

Portugal and Spain largely used advancements on both navigation and mathematics provided by Muslims, developed on them and started the Age of Discovery by being able to navigate quickly and in open sea. Through this, they removed the Muslim intermediaries in trade and moved the European centers of trade to Seville, Lisbon and Antwerp.
>>
>you guys used to be bad
>so you're bad now

Nice long-winded paragraphs faggot.
>>
File: Lyfzza5zoco30wd5ogbr.png (127 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
Lyfzza5zoco30wd5ogbr.png
127 KB, 640x358
>>74172222

Yeah buddy
>>
>>74172174

i aint reading all that shit nigga
>>
t. Alberto Barbosa
>>
>>74172222
Didn't say that. My claim is that if the white race is superior then it should have clearly shown its superiority throughout history. If during a period it was clearly a joke, maybe it's not so great after all. My main claim is the main driver of all this is culture and not race.
Note that most civilizations started in the Mediterranean by non-whites.
>>
>>74172268
You'll never convince anybody of your viewpoint if you don't care to understand theirs.
>>
European cities were like that, but they HAD cities. Urbanization in the renassaince was unprecedent, led by agricultural advancements. In the same cities there were new creations of architecture, art, music, science.

Saying white people suck because cities used to suck is a bad argument.
>>
>>74172512
>ignoring Greek and Roman history

Go make some sweet rolls
>>
>>74172691
Compare the European cities in the 1200s with the Roman ones and you'll understand what I'm talking about. Hell, compare them with the Muslim cities.

And I'm not saying that white people suck because their cities sucked. Compare what we usually think of today's African cities, as disgusting hellholes full of crime. Our cities were like that, despite of having clearly better architecture. If you traveled back in time to Europe, you'd think of Europeans the same of think of Africans.
>>
File: 1454832415064.jpg (111 KB, 643x820) Image search: [Google]
1454832415064.jpg
111 KB, 643x820
>>74172646

I'm not out to convince anyone of anything.

You didn't seem to understand that I ain't reading a wall of text, how are you going to convince me of anything if you don't care to understand that I ain't reading all that shit nigga?
>>
>>74172174
Alberto Barbosa pls go
>>
>>74172837
I'm not ignoring them. Fact is, after the fall of the Western Roman empire, largely by their own fault by allowing Germanic tribes to freely roam within Europe and change everything, Europe became a joke for 1000 years. And it's funny because the joke was brought about by Germanic people, what people here claim to be the "whitest white".
>>
>>74172857
except africans have yet to make any notable contributions to humanity
>>
>>74172940
And that is the reason why you have fringe views nobody cares about and everyone mocks.

Ok, you convinced me of your low attention span.

>>74172955
>muh views are not aligned with this
pls go [insert meme]
>>
>>74173016
Maghreb is in Africa. These were the people Portuguese, Spaniards and Italians were in contact with. At least, recognize they enabled us to succeed.
>>
>>74173165
>And that is the reason why you have fringe views nobody cares about and everyone mocks.

Nobody mocks Australia, Barbosa, we're 90%+ white and also vegemite is a real food.
>>
>>74172174
that was then and this is now

btw your not white
>>
>muslim influence
If that's the case, why are literally all your countries massive shitholes?
>>
>>74173321
You are not Australia.
>>
>>74172174
tl;dr let the muslims rape our children because 1400 years ago they knew algebra
>>
>>74173461

Yet if I'm to take anything from your wall of text it's that Europoors are Europe.
>>
>>74172857
>roman cities
That is an argument for whites.

Crime was subsistance activity in these old cities. It was also rampant in roma. And in those cities, as aI said, were being created developments to mankind as never seen before. It wasn't just stealing shit from muslims.

In the following centuries these cities were reformed into living conditions compared to roman at least.
>>
>>74173459
Governance is important. Portuguese and Spanish kings and nobles were terrible. That was the reason why our empires crumbled very quickly.
Also, the goal of the Portuguese and Spanish was not to develop anything. The Portuguese did not have the manpower to do so (we were slightly above 1 million at the time) and just wanted to trade. We did not properly colonize anywhere, we just established outposts all over the world. The Spanish did not give a fuck, conquered the Americas and just wanted gold.
>>
>>74173590
What a leap lol did not say that.
>>
>>74173754
I agree with everything.
Still, why such a bad period of 1000 years despite the "greatness of the white race"? We were not oppressed at the time, we were just stuck in a cycle of bad institutions perpetuating themselves. This cycle needed external influence to break and it did.
>>
>>74174050
muslims are currently invading europe, as they have always done. this is an undeniable fact.

you said
>they were technologically more advanced largely due to Muslim influence.
>through the Muslim translations of Greek work

This stinks of muslim apologism. Islam should not be tolerated in Europe.
>>
>>74174292
Well, bad things happen. Sometimes something good (in this case agricultural advances) lead to something bad. They probably didn't predict it. It's unfortunate, but such is life.
>>
>>74174732
I just stated facts. Europe was shit during the Middle Ages and Muslims actively contributed to it by constantly raiding the Atlantic and the Mediterranean. Before we started exploring, we had to get rid of Moroccan pirates in the Portuguese coast. We were never friends. The truth is that you can always learn something from every culture and we did learn a lot from them.

The Portuguese were internationally hated by Muslims during the Age of Discoveries. We completely fucked up their business. Again, note, we were never friends.
>>
Difference is unlike Africa we stopped being like that.
>>
>>74175484
African countries' GDP are growing at a rate no European country ever did, besides West Germany right after WW2 for obvious reasons. I know their base is small but ours was also small and we never grew like that. If you grow at 7%, your GDP doubles every 10 years.
>>
>>74175752
Their population is also growing at unseen rates, led mainly by western medical advances and charity. Without international help, ebola would have wiped out a LOT of lil africans.
>>
>shitskin country
>we
>white

U wat m8
>>
>>74175871
Charity is important for the countries doing poorly in Africa. Medicine is obviously important but they need an agricultural base to support these increases in population.
>>
>>74176233
All western tech. Also I think their gdp/capita is not growing thaat much because of pop growth.
>>
>>74175905
We are tan and our tan is envied in the world, atm :)
Without sun, we become as white as you. Maybe the only difference is that we don't get pink in the sun.
>>
>>74176470
True, but that happened in Europe as well. First, the population started to increase a lot, then it slowed but GDP kept growing.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.