[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why shouldn't DC become a state?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: pinky_brain.jpg (41 KB, 400x305) Image search: [Google]
pinky_brain.jpg
41 KB, 400x305
I had a regressive leftist tell me that I couldn't speak about DC being a state or not (or have a voting member in congress) because I don't live there. Typical leftist bullshit trying to shut someone down. Likewise he said that its disenfranchising to blacks because the population is like 80% black or whatever.

So /pol, why shouldn't DC become a state?
>>
>>74128956
It would only be good for the Democrats if DC became a state, same as Puerto Rico.
>>
>>74129184
yeah but "it would only help democrats" isn't really a good argument to use against it. In fact the leftist probably recognizes this and supports DC statehood for that reason as well. Although DC can vote in presidential elections and has 3 electoral votes
>>
>>74128956
It doesnt even have the required population dumbass /thread
>>
>>74129340
I know, but he says it has higher population than some states (Like VT), but population by itself doesn't mean it should be a state: IE should New York, New York be its own state? Of course not.

But the problem is that DC doesn't have congressional representation, and thus it's "taxation without representation"
>>
Nothing wrong with giving DC a seat in the Congress, but full statehood? No. Terrible idea. What happens when California declares that Sacramento is the capital of the United States, and then Texas declares that Austin is the capital, etc.? Ambition among the states is dangerous.
>>
>>74129463

They still get representatives however they can not vote and they have a say in every parties nomination, Im pretty sure they have an electoral vote too. The vast majority of those who work in DC commute from Maryland and Virginia and those who actually live there are very ghetto and are the reason it has the worst school systems nationally despite having some of the highest spending per student, nothing of value is being lost with their current level of representation.
>>
>>74128956
Because then we'd have two more nigger senators in congress
>>
>>74128956
Because if DC wants to become a State they should just keep the triangle of the Supreme Court, White House, and Capitol as DC. The rest of those entitled niggers can go back to being a part of Maryland.

>B-But that's petty!
No, fuck you. We didn't get Arlington County back until 1846, before then that shit was part of the District. You're not a state, you're a fucking Congressional District.

Congress owns you. Get the fuck over yourselves you dumb niggers.

t. Northern Virginian tired of seeing these self-entitled faggots with the "TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION" license plates and pretending DC is anything more than the National Mall surrounded by ghettos and flooded with niggers
>>
>>74129621
What representatives do they get anyway? They have a mayor and some "home rule" to some extent, but they have no representation in congress besides one congress person who can't even vote. They get representation in the form of the president because they can vote for president.

To your other point, how can I put that in terms of how a regressive leftist can understand? I'm apparently not allowed to have an opinion on this whole matter because I don't live there.
>>
>>74128956
> The population there is 80% black

That alone is enough of a good reason as to why it shouldn't become a state.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.