[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A lot of threads have shat upon veterans recently and that is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Veterans.png (613 KB, 1455x1057) Image search: [Google]
Veterans.png
613 KB, 1455x1057
A lot of threads have shat upon veterans recently and that is a damn shame. I would like to hear any /pol/lack veteran's story and appreciate them
>>
I fought in Iraq for nothing and a bunch of my buddies died. Then my government just kinda walked away and gave Iraq to the "terrorists".

Go Army!
>>
>>74044278
I KILLED FIDDY MEN
>>
File: 1455104084029.jpg (247 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455104084029.jpg
247 KB, 1920x1080
>>74044278
I would post, but as you can see it won't end well.
Thanks for the thought though.
>>
>>74046010
I thought /pol/ was less shitty than this, but you are right it won't go well
>>
>>74046852

You can't expect people to respect you when you willingly allow yourself to be used by a criminal government. In fact, you took an oath...foreign AND DOMESTIC. That last part was lost on all of you.
>>
>>74047025
Do you pay taxes?
>>
I got 5 months left before moving on, came close but I got no combat.

I've got a lot of respect for combat vets, despite what the know it all autists on this board would like to think, most of them knew Iraq was a bullshit war. What they don't is that most of them fought for the man to their left and right and reenlisted so that the they can take care of the next group of poor bastards the would inevitably come through.

They're men caught up in the shit storms of their time, no different Roman soldier in the dying days of rome, the Europeans in the trenches of WWI for reasons they dont understand, the Germans fighting to the bitter end in a war they were doomed to lose and our boys in Vietnam who were lied to and betrayed.
>>
>>74044278
Good goy
>>
>>74044278
Enlisted since 9/11 here, got out very recently.

I have stood knee deep in bone, and mud, and filled my lungs with mustard gas.
I have seen two towers fall.
I have lain with holy wars, and copulated with the autumnal fallout.
I have dug mass graves for refugees, shot dissidents in places where the ground never thaws, and starved the masses into faith.
A child's shadow, burned into the brickwork.
A house of skulls in the jungle.

The innocent, beaten and raped and shot and gassed and burned and captured and enslaved.
This was our last century, and our coming century. History has a one-page script it seems.
>>
>>74047540
Also, yes I am aware the whole war was bullshit.

Hindsight and all that.

But I'm out now, and wouldn't reenlist even at gunpoint and they were threatening to shoot the other testicle.

This country, this world, it's not worth defending. In my bitterest moments I wonder if it ever was.
>>
>>74044278
I'm here. I don't want to tell my story, and it's best left in the sand.
Thank you.
I will tell you that when I came back I applied for jobs for six months with military status on my resume.
Causation =/= correlation
The day I removed it, some one called me back. Serving my country has brought me nothing but pain.
>>
>>74047192

I do. I actually write a check instead of looking for one in the mail.

I also pay property taxes.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.