[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PCU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: large-hi-cover511v2.jpg (127 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
large-hi-cover511v2.jpg
127 KB, 400x600
Watched this last week for the first time in awhile, classic movie and extremely relevant to today's leftist cucks and some top keks if you've never seen it.

Obviously /pol/ approved, but is this /pol/s top movie? >Inb4 AHX

https://youtu.be/y-3J-n5wbr4
>>
I'm thinking of shaving my balls tomorrow. Thoughts /pol/?
>>
>>74040926

It's a pretty good movie. I remember watching it in high school and got it in a DVD bundle with another great movie Airheads.
>>
>>74040926
PLEASE HAVE A PARTY, FEED US DRINKS, GET US LAID
>>
>>74040926
This looks like a movie I wouldve actively avoided at the rental shop 17 years ago
>>
>>74040926
Way ahead of its time

>they killed Jesus Christ
>who are the Jews
>>
>>74041036
not like anyone is going to be seeing them anyway. let it grow
>>
This is now a /pol/ approved movie thread

>They Live
>Network
>Triumph of the Will
>Birth of a Nation, original
>Women Aren't Funny, proves women are too emotional to be funny
>Idiocracy
>>
>>74041598

> The Skulls
> Wag the Dog
> Stargate
> The Sixth Day
> Total Recall
> Conan saga
> The Patriot
> Braveheart
> Gone with the Wind (a more romantic version of BOTN)
> Red Dawn (either one really, but the first is better)
> Lord of the Rings trilogy
>>
"Those are womenists...."
>>
Can you blow me where the pampers is?
>>
File: 1463097192480.jpg (87 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1463097192480.jpg
87 KB, 640x512
great movie PCU.
>>
>>74043754
>saw the movie as an early teen
>liked it
>my interest in the movie led me to read the book
>I found the book's philosophy to be superior to our unlimited democracy
>only recently learned that the movie was a satire
Jokes on Verhoeven.
>>
>>74041387
Nice deal. Air heads is in my top 10.
>>
File: download.jpg (61 KB, 432x240) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
61 KB, 432x240
>>
>>74044931
I did the same thing, and know a number of others who have as well. I think Verhoeven may have had the opposite effect from what he wanted with that film.
>>
>>74046964
Verhoeven might be the ultimate example of the Streisand effect.
Should we work to get him added to that wiki article?
>>
>>74046964
It caused me to read the book. Heinlein's argument about the inextricable moral link between authority and responsibility was defining for me. He used it to argue for service required for the voting franchise, but the point reaches far more than that. Gems like that are the reason I keep coming back to reading books.

>“Both for practical reasons and for mathematically verifiable moral reasons, authority and responsibility must be equal - else a balancing takes place as surely as current flows between points of unequal potential. To permit irresponsible authority is to sow disaster; to hold a man responsible for anything he does not control is to behave with blind idiocy. The unlimited democracies were unstable because their citizens were not responsible for the fashion in which they exerted their sovereign authority... other than through the tragic logic of history... No attempt was made to determine whether a voter was socially responsible to the extent of his literally unlimited authority. If he voted the impossible, the disastrous possible happened instead - and responsibility was then forced on him willy-nilly and destroyed both him and his foundationless temple.”
>>
>>74048044
>to hold a man responsible for anything he does not control is to behave with blind idiocy
Heinlein btfo'ing SJWs a half century before they took root.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.