[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/1 5/opinion/why-are-the-hi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1024x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1024x380
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/05/15/opinion/why-are-the-highly-educated-so-liberal.html

And yet those who call themselves "red-pilled" probably flunked out of high school which would explain why so many of them go into trades.

The majority here on /pol/ are low in iq and resort to blaming all their problems on different groups.

>pic related: who the average alt-righter supports
>>
>>74029422
>Trump continues to refuse to pay the legal fees of anyone who has attacked a protestor at his rallies

Has Trump ever kept a single promise in his life?
>>
>>74029422
muh mean words
We get it you're an intellectual who supports Bernie based off of policy's to give you things you were entitled at born to have
I don't care
>>
I have a masters degree and liberals are still fucking retarded
>>
>>74029422
So the working class rejects the disgusting bourgeois intellectuals? Sounds like the left has betrayed their own
>>
>>74029422
>highly educated
>has liberal arts degree
>>
>>74029947
Sure you do...
>>
File: 1436584220634.png (729 KB, 721x1599) Image search: [Google]
1436584220634.png
729 KB, 721x1599
just leftists showing their hypocritical contempt for the 'unintelligent' and 'uneducated'. how very progressive.
>>
>>74029422

r/K-selection has very little to do with intelligence. Some of the smartest people in the world are rabbits, that doesn't mean they'll last any longer in the Apocalypse than the average person.
>>
>>74030138
>smart enough to get at least an art degree
>versus not even graduating high school
Nice try there buddy
Just because you'll never accomplish anything doesn't mean you have to discredit others
>>
The "highly educated" are liberal because that's what college teaches them to be. How is this hard to figure out?
>>
>>74029422
>Why are poorly educated people not voting our way?
>Clearly insulting them MORE will help our cause among them
>Despite the fact we have nothing but contempt for them being the reason they hate us in the first place
>>
>>74029422
I'll have you know I didn't flunk out until I started my masters degree.
>>
File: 1451264486584.jpg (26 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
1451264486584.jpg
26 KB, 368x475
>>74029422
yeah, Trump supporters are dumb, being nice and giving people your money is SMART, FEELINGS AND KINDNESS ARE SMART ATTRIBUTES

people i agree with are generally very smart.

all you idiots with different opinions are fucking dumb.
>>
>>74029422
these threads will never get old, you guys are so butthurt about that study that linked turning off higher faculty parts of the brain used to problem solve resulted in higher levels of atheism and pro immigration beliefs

kek
>>
these articles are self-defeating because it begs the question of who runs the system: if it's highly intelligent (or educated - i'm not sure if the article means to conflate education with intelligence) people, then are the people running the system also liberal?

or maybe the article needs to be fairer: conservative think tanks also consist of highly educated people. and they've pretty much dictated social as well as economic policy for several decades now. and a lot of conservative voters are also educated.

it's a bizarre premise for an article. idk if i wanna read it.
>>
>>74030197
>>74030423

You guys underestimate the in-grouping potential of this statement. There's no more effective method of entrenching people in a given ideology and attracting more followers than saying, "We're smarter than they are". The right does this also, they just play off common sense rather than scientific knowledge. We all like to think we're logical, reasonable people but in reality we're emotional meat robots who respond to certain ideas as readily as Pavlov's dogs to a bell.
>>
Doing CS in uni right now senpai
>>
>>74029422
I was in the top 10% of my high school, and was in Honors classes all 4 years. Even had physics and Calculus under my belt, as well as 2 years of German, and 1 year of Spanish.

I'm in the trades because it pays well with no debt required. I'm making 44.50/hr (over 92k/yr gross), and didn't take out a penny of debt. I'm under 30, and live in an area with a low cost of living (my rent is 400/month; when I buy property, I plan to pay in cash).

I don't have problems, and I still don't want unchecked immigration suppressing the wages of low-skilled native-born workers. I'm also concerned about Muslims, and realize that it would be easier and cheaper to move Muslims to other Middle Eastern countries, rather than moving them to the west.
>>
>>74030337
If it's a worthless degree that doesn't make you more intelligent in anyway then yes, I can discredit them. I'm in college getting a real degree, what they're doing isn't an accomplishment.
>>
>>74031569
what trade mang?
>>
>>74029422
>Why are the people who spent the most time in Marxist brain-washing facilities liberal?

Damn, I'm clueless on this one
>>
James Woods
>>
>>74031723
Electrician-turned-power plant operator.

Got an apprenticeship at 15 bucks per hour. 2 years later, that wage doubled when I got my Journeyman's. Realized that it would eventually take a toll on my body, so I started applying for power plants. Got one for 25/hr, where I would be 1st shift maintenance Tues-Thursday, and then every other Friday-Monday, I would be 2nd Shift Operator. Stayed there for 3 years. Then I started applying for other operator jobs all over the nation. Got hired for a plant WAY out of state, but they paid moving expenses. That brings us to now.
>>
>>74029422
I work now ten years in IT have more certifications than i care to remember and was never ever fired from any job. I would vote for trump also fuck you.
>>
>>74029422

Undergrad at JHU. PhD student. Starting salary out of college > 150k.

Proudly alt-right. It's sad that so many people fall for this leftist elitist smear.
>>
>>74031723
>>74031569
but if you're so successful in school won't getting some sort of STEM degree make you more money in the long run vs a trade? and give more earning potential?
>>
>>74029422
>highly educated liberal arts
So basically highly educated bullshit.

Why do those who study objective rather than subjective topics side conservative ?

You won't answer because you're a bitch nigger.
>>
>>74029422
>highly educated
>psychology and liberal arts degrees
>tens of thousands of dollars in debt
>have to whine for $15/hour

Yeah
>>
File: 1462543994732.jpg (56 KB, 346x427) Image search: [Google]
1462543994732.jpg
56 KB, 346x427
>>74029422
>red-pilled go into trades
>blue-pilled go into debt
>>
>>74029422
>calling "women's studies" highly edcuated
>>
>>74029422
>be a dumb fuck
>go to marxist indoctrination college
>learn that i am an evil white male and that if i say i am a fried egg then that's my new gender
>graduate
>now "highly educated"
>be a liberal

wow
>>
>>74029422
if you're so smart how haven't you fixed all of everyone's problems yet??
>>
>>74029422
Liberals are enormous racists. Ask yourself: how many lolberals send their kids to horrible nigger schools?
>>
>>74031327

Go to bed, Scott.
>>
>>74029422
Why do "intelligent" self proclaimed liberal extremists resort to name calling?
>>
>>74032200
Potentially. Not all STEM degrees are great, and even going for a degree that could be deemed safe, it's still a gamble/investment.

I'm making almost 100k, have never had a penny of debt in my name (shy of a credit card which I use to pay for cell phone minutes - 30 bucks per month), I'm happily married, and have been for 5 years this June. I could literally walk in and buy a new Dodge Charger with cash.

I'm happy, and I'm comfortable, and I'm in an industry that will always have demand. Fuck, my energy production is even green (hydro electric dam). Could I have wasted 4 years out of the workforce taking out debt to learn enough to HOPEFULLY get hired at a job that pays more? Absolutely, and if you want to do that, it's your choice. But I'm ecstatic that I didn't.
>>
>>74029422
"highly educated" people tend to have lived sheltered lives in nice neighborhoods and haven't experienced chimpouts first hand
>>
>>74032817
You can pick those people out easy, because they'll often say things like "I've never met a _________ I didn't like!" and "I've never seen that sort of thing happen."
>>
File: 0trudeaustashe.jpg (123 KB, 653x562) Image search: [Google]
0trudeaustashe.jpg
123 KB, 653x562
Won a nobel prize for teaching drama
>>
>>74033009
Pretty sure he hasn't.
>>
Liberial
>Spend $80,000 of other people money to go to college.
>Get gender studies degree that has no worldly value.
>Can't get job because nobody wants a $80,000 in debt loser.
>"Intellegent"
>Yearly income $0

A smart person
>Pays between $6k and $15k to goto trade school
>Get job lined up before they finish graduating
>Pays off loans in less then 3 months
>Yearly income $50,000+
>>
>>74033009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYBu_IxX4XE
>>
>>74029422

Yeah dude, you're only intelligent if some guy handed you a piece of paper telling you so.
>>
>>74032817
This. I'm a successful programmer for several government agencies and I'm alt right. I also grew up in a poor part of Nashville, TN and at one point went to a middle school with only 5-10% white kids, the rest blacks/mexicans. These stupid fucking liberals have never lived the reality of multiculturalism/racism. All they know is the happy go lucky fantasy of it depicted by the Jewish media.

Also I wouldn't say "highly educated" is something to be proud of. Great, you can regurgitate a bunch of shit from books, I'm very proud of you. What about when you have to think of something that's not in a book or hasn't been approved by "the experts"? I can say first hand every die hard liberal I've interacted with is an idiot. All they can do is parrot talking points they read about. When asked to explain exactly what that talking point means, or why its contradictory with an actual fact, their eyes grow dull and they either move on to the next talking point or call you a racist.
>>
>>74033246
>trade school
>50,000

Way to shoot for the stars
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-06-30-00-20-41.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-06-30-00-20-41.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>mfw that statement is clearly misinterpreted
Pretend I'm Trump

If you see someone getting ready to assault me, then you assault them first and for protecting me I will protect you

Wow.

It's almost as if Trump is just a regular guy having some fun with his platform. Maybe he might not even be as bad as a lying, technologically insecure, nation destabilizing, pedo protecting histrionic bitch who's literally relying on single issue voters and her vagina.
>>
>>74033454
>50,000+

Depends on if your single and what trade you go into. I'm single and despite the fact i only do welding part-time i still made $62,000 after taxes. My living expenses were less then 25,000. If you spend less then you make you're still in the black.
>>
>>74033454
I do massage/sports therapy and I make more than that. I spent $10K. I had my loan paid off in only a few months. It can and will happen.
>>
>>74029422
I was educated in a private school in a rich, elite neighborhood in Chicago. I was only one out of four students, out of a pool of fifty, that were accepted at the time I was enrolled. The cost was $40,000/year and my classmates were all rich Jews and children/relatives of often famous people both locally and nationally. I graduated with good grades and got accepted into every university of my choice. My highschool education alone is probably worth more than any liberal arts school youve ever attended.

I went on to drop out after one semester at University. Why? Because it was a waste of time. I got a job, got my own apartment and did what I could to save money. It didnt take long to realize college is no substitute for real life experience.

I now make six figures working only 6 months out of the year as a sailor. I spend literally my entire life traveling, partying and fucking a new bitch from every country I visit. Ive been nearly all around the world twice now and Im only 26. Fuck, Im chilling in Hawaii right now doing nothing for 3 weeks, and Im not even on vacation.

Tambien, me hablo espanol casi perfectamente. Cuantos idomas que te puedes hablar tu, OP?

So yeah, who's the dumb one again?
>>
>>74034382
idiomas*
>>
>>74034382
You
>>
>>74029422
"Education" is nothing but a by-word for "Certification".
Going to school certifies you for the wider world.
Going to college certifies you for, well, it depends on what you went in for.
Engineering? Certifies that you have the skills for an engineering career, which itself usually requires real experience.
Sciences? Certifies that you are ready for a laboratory environment, which again asks for real experience.

Liberal arts? Certifies that you spent 3-5 years of your life in an extended childhood where you were able to get drunk, continue having no responsibility, and surrounded by ideologies which can't function in a real environment.

Intellectualism is a poison, for no man can escape the natural irrationality of man unless tempered by real experience of adversity, challenge and responsibility.
So it becomes a masturbatory rite to devolve life into ideological purism and the delusions spread by elites that see themselves the better of all lesser peoples because by echoing their fellow intelligentsia, by navelgazing and by lack of real world challenge to their inner set of rules, they have become smarter and more intelligent than the men with realistic intentions that decided they wanted to make something of themselves.

tl;dr get a fucking job you commie bastard
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.